What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

with the designation of US Pacific Command as Indo Pacific Command....things are heating up in our little pond. In a standoff situation US will choke off the entry points to the Indian Ocean. China would not be able to enter Indian Ocean in large numbers to project force in this part of the ocean.

If that is the scenario, then 12 ships with weak air-defense would not do... specially if facing a carrier group of IN or otherwise.

IMHO PN and PLN also knows this very well. I am sure plans must b there to beef up air defense of PN ships, etiher with refit of F22p or induction of more ADA equipped vessels.

with the designation of US Pacific Command as Indo Pacific Command....things are heating up in our little pond. In a standoff situation US will choke off the entry points to the Indian Ocean. China would not be able to enter Indian Ocean in large numbers to project force in this part of the ocean.

If that is the scenario, then 12 ships with weak air-defense would not do... specially if facing a carrier group of IN or otherwise.

IMHO PN and PLN also knows this very well. I am sure plans must b there to beef up air defense of PN ships, etiher with refit of F22p or induction of more ADA equipped vessels.
we can deploy J16 or JH 7B in pakistan.

inducting 052D will be a good choice.

seriously .... timepass ... :tsk::tsk:

PN is short with decent air defence frigates and he is making claims about destroyer that too Type-52D .... does it even sound logical ... the max we can expect is a repeat order of Type-54A and refit/upgrade of F-22P.

Although highly unlikely, but hey you never know, maybe this fellow is onto something. :lol:

the max we can expect is a repeat order of Type-54A and refit/upgrade of F-22P.

That would be sensible approach in my opinion, bigger ships just doesn't means all pro's , it brings some cons as well like Operational cost , marines .. 8 Type54 A/B would make a lot more sense .

seriously .... timepass ... :tsk::tsk:

PN is short with decent air defence frigates and he is making claims about destroyer that too Type-52D .... does it even sound logical ... the max we can expect is a repeat order of Type-54A and refit/upgrade of F-22P.
Whats the latest on Type 54A? Final number? delivery time? construction status? anything?

Although highly unlikely, but hey you never know, maybe this fellow is onto something. :lol:
actually you need to consider the cost of purchase of single Type-52D which is almost equivalent to the operational budget of PN than add operational budget for 4 such destroyers .... so 0 chance for any such wish list item

These sort of rumours are spread by those special charters who either have no knowledge of PN capacity or they tend to deliberately ignore it for the reason to attract some attention by other forum members.

Last edited:

Why not they simply induct Anza on board?

Whats the latest on Type 54A? Final number? delivery time? construction status? anything?
till now 4 are confirmed, delivery time is 2021; press release (link) issued by PN give impression that we will have all 4 Type-54A in PN till that time which mean at least one or two are already under construction in China

Why not they simply induct Anza on board?
Are you serious sir? Anza is a MANPADS Short range system. And I believe Mistral MANPADS is already being used for short range defense or last ditch effort on board PN ships.

till now 4 are confirmed, delivery time is 2021; press release (link) issued by PN give impression that we will have all 4 Type-54A in PN till that time which mean at least one or two are already under construction in China

China was building 2 per year until very recently!

Are you serious sir? Anza is a MANPADS Short range system. And I believe Mistral MANPADS is already being used for short range defense or last ditch effort on board PN ships.
May better to have something for not having anything.....they can provide good short range air defence.

China was building 2 per year until very recently!

It’s French mistral used by pn and paf

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom