What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

Nave%20Federico%20Martinengo%20FREMM%20frigate%20courtesy%20of%20OCCAR%201280x640_0.jpg

Italian navy is also making good stuff

4 of these babies would do well for navy

Nave%20Federico%20Martinengo%20FREMM%20frigate%20courtesy%20of%20OCCAR%201280x640_0.jpg

Italian navy is also making good stuff

4 of these babies would do well for navy
Let's say we had such resources, it'd be far better put in taking 4 Chinese 4,000-ton export frigates and then re-arming them with the Russian Redut (i.e. 9M96E2 SAM w/120 km range, 9M96E SAM w/60 km range), Chinese CM-302 supersonic-cruising AShM, the an AESA-based OTHR and APAR, South African Cheetah C-RAM/PDMS, etc.

In fact, the four Type 054A already give the PN the basis, they just need to save up for the subsystem and weapon upgrade.

It would be a better option to buy 4 additional Type 054A's after a few years instead of more light frigates.

PN needs to expand its FAC/FAC-M fleet which currently includes 3 Azmat-class (+1 under construction), 2 Jalalat and 2 Jurrat class ships. 2x MRTP-33 FAC's are unarmed.

At IDEAS 2016, a PN official said the service was looking to acquire a squadron (4-6 ships) of FAC's for protecting the Gwadar port.

http://epaper.brecorder.com/2016/11/25/12-page/821265-news.html

Whatever the outcome (12 light frigates or 6 heavy frigates) there are a few things PN needs to invest in.

1) Acquisition of a quad packed medium range missile. Ideally indigenous/indeginized vs license manufacturing. The best source is obviously China and they should be approached regarding modification of DK-10A to that purpose. Other sources could be S. Africa (modification to Umkhonto/Marlin), and S. Korea (with KSAM). Such a missile enables Type 054A to go from 32 medium range missipes to up to 128 medium ranged sams (or more likely 16 HQ-9 and 64 medium range missiles).

2. The acquisition of a longe range SAM like HQ-9 or its future derivatives (HQ-19/HQ-26)

3. The modernization of F-22P. The Tiger class shows us it is absolutely possible to put a 12 cell VLS, with some modifications, in place of the FM-90. That coupled with a quad-packed sam (48 missiles) would be huge for the F-22P.

future should be to stick with FAC, type 54 and Milgem

FAC can be upgraded to light covertte of around 1000 ton with a RAM self defence package and if needed a helicopter and towed sonar..SWIFT would have been a breather but it seems thats out of question

i think the most cost effective upgrade of F-22 will be to add a RAM instead of its close in guns...

Whatever the outcome (12 light frigates or 6 heavy frigates) there are a few things PN needs to invest in.

1) Acquisition of a quad packed medium range missile. Ideally indigenous/indeginized vs license manufacturing. The best source is obviously China and they should be approached regarding modification of DK-10A to that purpose. Other sources could be S. Africa (modification to Umkhonto/Marlin), and S. Korea (with KSAM). Such a missile enables Type 054A to go from 32 medium range missipes to up to 128 medium ranged sams (or more likely 16 HQ-9 and 64 medium range missiles).

2. The acquisition of a longe range SAM like HQ-9 or its future derivatives (HQ-19/HQ-26)

3. The modernization of F-22P. The Tiger class shows us it is absolutely possible to put a 12 cell VLS, with some modifications, in place of the FM-90. That coupled with a quad-packed sam (48 missiles) would be huge for the F-22P.

There are also 'rumors' that PN might be interested in Type 052D destroyers. I don't know if this is true since these were first reported on SinoDefence, but it would very interesting if true.

There are also 'rumors' that PN might be interested in Type 052D destroyers. I don't know if this is true since these were first reported on SinoDefence, but it would very interesting if true.
may I know the member who initiated that rumour ....??

Let's say we had such resources, it'd be far better put in taking 4 Chinese 4,000-ton export frigates and then re-arming them with the Russian Redut (i.e. 9M96E2 SAM w/120 km range, 9M96E SAM w/60 km range), Chinese CM-302 supersonic-cruising AShM, the an AESA-based OTHR and APAR, South African Cheetah C-RAM/PDMS, etc.

In fact, the four Type 054A already give the PN the basis, they just need to save up for the subsystem and weapon upgrade.
i think HQ9b SAM with 220KM range will be the best choice.

i always suggest Pakistan shall induct type 52D, it will provide real regional air defense capabity for PN.

I will PM you.
I think PM option is not active anymore so may post on my profile page ....
Does his name starts with a Z and ends with an N? o_O
:angel::angel:
usual suspect ...... but I think there are many others who have same traits ....
tamam karamat Hazrat se mansoob na kare ....aur bi kai Allah ke bande hai kramat wa kashf wale ... ;)

usual suspect ...... but I think there are many others who have same traits ....
tamam karamat Hazrat se mansoob na kare ....aur bi kai Allah ke bande hai kramat wa kashf wale ... ;)
I have absolutely no idea who you are talking about,,,, kon hazrat?? :o::o:
:astagh:

:angel::angel:

Mein ny marna ha? :P BTW, once you get that name can you please share with me as well :P

Yes the PM is not working. The fellows talking there were timepass, and weig2000 on the 054 thread, and some other bloke on another thread who I can't recall the exact username.

Yes the PM is not working. The fellows talking there were timepass, and weig2000 on the 054 thread, and some other bloke on another thread who I can't recall the exact username.
seriously .... timepass ... :tsk::tsk:

PN is short with decent air defence frigates and he is making claims about destroyer that too Type-52D .... does it even sound logical ... the max we can expect is a repeat order of Type-54A and refit/upgrade of F-22P.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom