What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

China already willing to sell. But with our finances we will wait for current project's to be completed before getting DDG.

Sir ,, after milgem project and hangoor class sub project , and F22p upgradation completed ,, we got tot from turkey and china at least in terms of designing and integration ,,,
can pakistan go forward with his own frigste or destroyer design and local technology input .......

Sir whats ur guess that how much level of tech is absorbed by PN in those TOT projects with turkey and china submarine project ...
Can PN come up with indiginous CMS and anyother system othr then AShm LACM .[/QUOTE]

Everything is possible, money only hindrance. We have to become economically strong.

Improving economy is most important aspect toys need sustained economy to operate

I sm just google watcher .. i read thst FL3000n or similar system is using qw1 cjinese manpad missile for PDMS. .... I wana say can it be possible for Pakistan to that it can mske its own PDMS by using ANZA .manpad ,,, also indiginous CIWS with electro optical system as pakistan make them ..

For Pakistan, it doesn't make sense to invest in developing indigenous CIWS, PDMS, etc because the required quantities are low. It would be relatively cheap to buy these off-the-shelf from China.

However, it is a totally different scenario when we consider the Harbah. There is considerable requirement of anti-ship missiles and the launch equipment as PN inducts Type 054A frigates, Milgem corvettes, and possibly more Azmat class FAC-M.

I haven't seen the Chinese offering any anti-ship missile for export with a claimed range of 300+ km. So, there is possibility that Harbah missile canisters will be truck mounted for shore-to-ship use in future. One can also not rule out PN deploying a subsurface launched Harbah on its 8x Chinese submarines on order (instead of CM-708UNB).

For Pakistan, it doesn't make sense to invest in developing indigenous CIWS, PDMS, etc because the required quantities are low. It would be relatively cheap to buy these off-the-shelf from China.

However, it is a totally different scenario when we consider the Harbah. There is considerable requirement of anti-ship missiles and the launch equipment as PN inducts Type 054A frigates, Milgem corvettes, and possibly more Azmat class FAC-M.

I haven't seen the Chinese offering any anti-ship missile for export with a claimed range of 300+ km. So, there is possibility that Harbah missile canisters will be truck mounted for shore-to-ship use in future. One can also not rule out PN deploying a subsurface launched Harbah on its 8x Chinese submarines on order (instead of CM-708UNB).

The chinese dont offer a 300km+ range missile because it controvenes the rules of the MRTP which prohibits the sale of missiles with range greater than 300km. That is why the stated range of CM 400AKG is 280km while the variant in service with China has a range of 300-400km

The chinese dont offer a 300km+ range missile because it controvenes the rules of the MRTP which prohibits the sale of missiles with range greater than 300km. That is why the stated range of CM 400AKG is 280km while the variant in service with China has a range of 300-400km
What rules? China is not a signatory of MTCR. It is not even a UN recognized treaty. There is no legal restriction at all.

What rules? China is not a signatory of MTCR. It is not even a UN recognized treaty. There is no legal restriction at all.

You are correct in that they (nor Pakistan) are not signatories, but the chinese have an internal policy to try and follow its laid out rules. That is why CM-400AKG has a range of 290km amd not over 400-500km as the yj-12 does.

There is News floating around in Sinodef and PakDef that Pakistan will acquire 12 more light frigates. These are in addition to what is on order presently. If true, this will be an immense boost and PN will become a powerful force comparable to larger Global navies.

There is News floating around in Sinodef and PakDef that Pakistan will acquire 12 more light frigates. These are in addition to what is on order presently. If true, this will be an immense boost and PN will become a powerful force comparable to larger Global navies.
We can ask at IDEAS. If correct, I think it's doable provided costs are aggressively controlled, e.g. working off the Chinese Type 056 design (massively scaled at this point), finding a cost-effective source for good sensors as well as weapons (e.g. Turkey?) and, ideally, leveraging Gwadar Shipyard to get the work done.

We can ask at IDEAS. If correct, I think it's doable provided costs are aggressively controlled, e.g. working off the Chinese Type 056 design (massively scaled at this point), finding a cost-effective source for good sensors as well as weapons (e.g. Turkey?) and, ideally, leveraging Gwadar Shipyard to get the work done.
Im just wondering where the funding for this will come from?

056 primary role is Anti sub I think it’s just hoonhaa better to stick to Ada and it’s sub variants if pn is getting/participating for the first time design of ship With turkey per news 3/4 Ada ship

Im just wondering where the funding for this will come from?
From same place from where funding for 8 Frigates and Corvettes and two Patrol Boats and few other ships and 8 Submarines and 30 T-130 and few others are coming up

Back
Top Bottom