What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

I dont think the Chinese will bank roll anything for PN/PAF. We have a Naval chief who has made decisions and acted upon them. I still dont see destroyers but 10 decent heavy duty frigates could make a fairly potent force. The Nuke sub was never a viable prospect aince we dont need it and dont have the money to run it. What we have from China will suffice us.
@Rafi hs always brought news which are credible.
A

low cost long term loans are making all this happen. My guess is these loans are at very favorable conditions.

So thats:
4 54A
4 F-22P
4 Milgem

That's already 12 frigates. And 1 destroyer (OHP, flagship, showboat). 6 more would make it 18 frigates, and assuming 2 Type 52s (used or new), that's 18 FFG and 3DDGs.

Only thing missing are corvettes. Something in the 1000-1500 tons. Damens - 2x are all that seems to be in this bracket but they are going to be 2000 tons fully loaded. Possibly up-armed with Harpoons and CIWS. You're probably missing 4x-10x 1000 ton corvettes.

low cost long term loans are making all this happen. My guess is these loans are at very favorable conditions.

So thats:
4 54A
4 F-22P
4 Milgem

That's already 12 frigates. And 1 destroyer (OHP, flagship, showboat). 6 more would make it 18 frigates, and assuming 2 Type 52s (used or new), that's 18 FFG and 3DDGs.

Only thing missing are corvettes. Something in the 1000-1500 tons. Damens - 2x are all that seems to be in this bracket but they are going to be 2000 tons fully loaded. Possibly up-armed with Harpoons and CIWS. You're probably missing 4x-10x 1000 ton corvettes.
What destroyer will it be?

So thats:
4 54A
4 F-22P
4 Milgem

We don't need corvettes we need Destroyers like Type 52 D or even bigger monsters and at least 10 to 12 of those Destroyers are needed. So they can unleash rain of cruise Missiles on Indians

We don't need corvettes we need Destroyers like Type 52 D or even bigger monsters and at least 10 to 12 of those Destroyers are needed. So they can unleash rain of cruise Missiles on Indians

Yes, and aircraft carriers and Su-35s and... and... : ) I always appreciate your enthusiasm Zarvan.

Me thinks PN needs proper corvettes in the 1000 - 1500 ton range. In large numbers. With the following features:

1. 8x Harbah
2. 2x8 PDMS (the one in development in NESCOM supposedly)
3. Korkut-D instead of the main gun
4. Laser from Aselsan
5. Sonar / torpedo combo (Turkish)
6. Armed UAV flown in from naval base to act as a substitute for a helicopter during operations.

1100 tons fully loaded. 10-20 man crew.

What destroyer will it be?

Pie in the sky right now, but could be used older model 52s

Yes, and aircraft carriers and Su-35s and... and... : ) I always appreciate your enthusiasm Zarvan.

Me thinks PN needs proper corvettes in the 1000 - 1500 ton range. In large numbers. With the following features:

1. 8x Harbah
2. 2x8 PDMS (the one in development in NESCOM supposedly)
3. Korkut-D instead of the main gun
4. Laser from Aselsan
5. Sonar / torpedo combo (Turkish)
6. Armed UAV flown in from naval base to act as a substitute for a helicopter during operations.

1100 tons fully loaded. 10-20 man crew.
Air Craft carriers are not needed. But sorry without Ships which can do same to India which USA and France did to Syria recently that is rain down Babur on Indian cities like Mumbai and Goa and Chennai and Hyderabad. you can't keep Indian Navy at Bay. They will bring their destroyers which would rain upon Brahmos and soon Indian Naval version of Nirbhay upon you and you will be sitting ducks and can say good bye to Karachi and Gawader.

fcuk this too much fanboyism and wishful thinking, our enemy is right to our next door, we don't need 10-12 type-52 D it will be a over capability for PN 5-6 Frigate like Type-54B with long range SAMs like HHQ-9 is/will be enough for Pakistan @Zarvan :hitwall::crazy::hitwall:

fcuk this too much fanboyism and wishful thinking, our enemy is right to our next door, we don't need 10-12 type-52 D it will be a over capability for PN 5-6 Frigate like Type-54B with long range SAMs like HHQ-9 is/will be enough for Pakistan @Zarvan :hitwall::crazy::hitwall:
It's not fanboyism. It's what you need other wise you are doomed. Your Type 54 B frigate is a sitting duck in front of massive firepower of Indian Ships 4 would vanish within no time. Naval warfare has changed Janab. It's not 65 that your Guns of Naval ships would be enough. You need firepower you want to remain defense and loose Karachi than yes I would love to loose so called fanboyism. But I am not interested in seeing Karachi and Gawader in ruins. So How about you grow up and smell the coffee.

It's not fanboyism. It's what you need other wise you are doomed. Your Type 54 B frigate is a sitting duck in front of massive firepower of Indian Ships 4 would vanish within no time. Naval warfare has changed Janab. It's not 65 that your Guns of Naval ships would be enough. You need firepower you want to remain defense and loose Karachi than yes I would love to loose so called fanboyism. But I am not interested in seeing Karachi and Gawader in ruins. So How about you grow up and smell the coffee.
You need to grow up man @Zarvan :hitwall::crazy::crazy: 6-7 medium firagtes equipped with HHQ-9, HHQ-16, point defense SAMs like FL-3000N and standoff harba antiship missiles will do the job more cheapliy and effectively than you useless Type-52D and hunting subs equipped with BABUR-3 will also do the job, and where those $$$$$$$$$$$$$ 1 unit cost of Type-52D is near the 1 billion $ and you're talking about 10-12 Type-52D @Zarvan :hitwall::crazy::hitwall::crazy:

You need to grow up man @Zarvan :hitwall::crazy::crazy: 6-7 medium firagtes equipped with HHQ-9, HHQ-16, point defense SAMs like FL-3000N and standoff harba antiship missiles will do the job more cheapliy and effectively than you useless Type-52D and hunting subs equipped with BABUR-3 will also do the job, and where those $$$$$$$$$$$$$ 1 unit cost of Type-52D is near the 1 billion $ and you're talking about 10-12 Type-52D @Zarvan :hitwall::crazy::hitwall::crazy:
No they won't Harba can hit their ships and Harba maxim range is not even 300 KM. Indian Ships will be far away from your range. India will soon have at least 1000 KM range Brahmos and even much bigger range Nirbhay. None of your Missile will reach their ships but their Missiles will be raining upon you and you will see Karachi getting ripped apart. No matter how many Air Defense you place you can't rescue Karachi and Gawader. Only thing which would keep India at bay is if they know that all their cities in south like Chennai and Hyderabad will face same from us if they come after Karachi and Gawader until than forget you have any chance of stopping Indian Navy. Dude even best Air Defense systems of Israel can't stop third grade rockets of Hamas. You think you can stop Brahmos and Nirbhay when they would be at least 40 to 50 of those fired at you at same time. And using idiotic similes won't prove your childish point.

In PLAN, Type 054A/B frigate about 4000 tons is mainly used for ASW, and Type 052C/D destroyer about 7000 tons for AAW.
A frigate can't replace the role of a destroyer. But nowadays, the standard of a frigate is often confused with that of a destroyer. In fact, some "frigates" should be called "destroyers."

So thats:
4 54A
4 F-22P
4 Milgem

Milgem is a corvette not a frigate.

Milgem is a corvette not a frigate.

Apparently recent news suggest PN is going for the slightly larger design, which is a frigate. Remember, frigates are generally 2500 tons or more. MilGem Ada, base model is 2400. Anything even slightly larger is essentially a frigate.

No they won't Harba can hit their ships and Harba maxim range is not even 300 KM. Indian Ships will be far away from your range. India will soon have at least 1000 KM range Brahmos and even much bigger range Nirbhay. None of your Missile will reach their ships but their Missiles will be raining upon you and you will see Karachi getting ripped apart. No matter how many Air Defense you place you can't rescue Karachi and Gawader. Only thing which would keep India at bay is if they know that all their cities in south like Chennai and Hyderabad will face same from us if they come after Karachi and Gawader until than forget you have any chance of stopping Indian Navy. Dude even best Air Defense systems of Israel can't stop third grade rockets of Hamas. You think you can stop Brahmos and Nirbhay when they would be at least 40 to 50 of those fired at you at same time. And using idiotic similes won't prove your childish point.
you know what is the meaning of layered anti missile concepts @Zarvan :hitwall::crazy::hitwall: every major countries is developing layered anti missile defense system including USA, Russia, EU, China, as for striking deep inside india we have BM GLCM for that purpose, if we launch BABUR from sukker/Thar we have able to whole southern india and what about $$$$$$$$$$, Type -52D 1 unit price is nearly 1 billion $, so how can we purchase 10-12 @Zarvan this mean we will utilizing whole pakistani defense budget for purchasing 10-12 Type-52 D, now who have the chidlish points @Zarvan :hitwall::crazy::hitwall:and how do know harba has a range of 300 Km, no ones knows harba range its currenly classified, oh i forget Naval chief telling the range of harba @Zarvan :enjoy:

Apparently recent news suggest PN is going for the slightly larger design, which is a frigate. Remember, frigates are generally 2500 tons or more. MilGem Ada, base model is 2400. Anything even slightly larger is essentially a frigate.
Not really... There are no reports about Pak buying I Class.. But Ada class...

The only frigatea turkey has are "Planned" TF series which are still to be produced.

The DAMEN ships are also OPVs .. Not really corvettes.

So as of right now you only have:

8 frigates
4 corvettes

In PLAN, Type 054A/B frigate about 4000 tons is mainly used for ASW, and Type 052C/D destroyer about 7000 tons for AAW.
A frigate can't replace the role of a destroyer. But nowadays, the standard of a frigate is often confused with that of a destroyer. In fact, some "frigates" should be called "destroyers."
yes i know it broASW Frigates, but how about that Type-54 will converted to AD frigate according to PN need and specifications that my whole point is possible bro @LKJ86

Back
Top Bottom