What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

Launcher size can't launch cruise missiles is a little regrettable.
Is there a solution?

A further order for 6 more "enhanced" type frigates is on the cards after this program is completed, with also a couple of destroyer types to be used as "flagships".

What you are seeing now is the beginning of the re-birth of the PN as a true modern middle level, 4 dimension navy.

Launcher size can't launch cruise missiles is a little regrettable.
Is there a solution?
Can place these onboard:

Harbah & Babar CMs.

Attachments

• Harba-01-APP-692x360.jpg
    Harba-01-APP-692x360.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Harba-Launch-A.jpg
    Harba-Launch-A.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 74
A further order for 6 more "enhanced" type frigates is on the cards after this program is completed, with also a couple of destroyer types to be used as "flagships".

What you are seeing now is the beginning of the re-birth of the PN as a true modern middle level, 4 dimension navy.
Is this insider news or your suggestion ?

Can we even sustain such a navy in the future with the current economic outlook such a large navy will be a heavy burden to maintain .
Yes we can with the income from CPEC and Chinese help shall always be there, as this project is more vital for China. Further it shall be less costlier to run new ships rather than old F23s.

If what Rafi is saying is true, two things are possible - the nuclear boats have been shelved and the Chinese are bankrolling protection for CPEC and strategic alternative to the Malacca straits.

Can we even sustain such a navy in the future with the current economic outlook such a large navy will be a heavy burden to maintain .
Pakistan's fleet was not in such a bad situation prevoously ... Furthermore i think buying of such ships is more of problem rather than maintenance as number of ships will not increased significantly but will be replaced by effective ships ... Currently the old us and british frigates are almost junk and cannot do anything in case of conflict ... Even f22p are no match to indians so replacing those with new and more effective ship is good move ... However financing is a big problem

Yes we can with the income from CPEC and Chinese help shall always be there, as this project is more vital for China. Further it shall be less costlier to run new ships rather than old F23s.

Don't gove me the CPEC crap of being a game changer and whatnot . CPEC is a jump start for our economy and depends on how the government takes advantage of this opportunity.
Pakistan's fleet was not in such a bad situation prevoously ... Furthermore i think buying of such ships is more of problem rather than maintenance as number of ships will not increased significantly but will be replaced by effective ships ... Currently the old us and british frigates are almost junk and cannot do anything in case of conflict ... Even f22p are no match to indians so replacing those with new and more effective ship is good move ... However financing is a big problem
Rather than buying i believe we should use this as an opportunity to learn there is a chance that Pakistan might integrate other weapons by using this opportunity i believe we can start our own program similarly to what Myanmar has done (even though they have a fairly limited budget they have been able to source various components and have integrated them locally ). Although we have access to better tech than Myanmar the PN is buying them off shelf.

If what Rafi is saying is true, two things are possible - the nuclear boats have been shelved and the Chinese are bankrolling protection for CPEC and strategic alternative to the Malacca straits.
I dont think the Chinese will bank roll anything for PN/PAF. We have a Naval chief who has made decisions and acted upon them. I still dont see destroyers but 10 decent heavy duty frigates could make a fairly potent force. The Nuke sub was never a viable prospect aince we dont need it and dont have the money to run it. What we have from China will suffice us.
@Rafi hs always brought news which are credible.
A

I dont think the Chinese will bank roll anything for PN/PAF. We have a Naval chief who has made decisions and acted upon them. I still dont see destroyers but 10 decent heavy duty frigates could make a fairly potent force. The Nuke sub was never a viable prospect aince we dont need it and dont have the money to run it. What we have from China will suffice us.
@Rafi hs always brought news which are credible.
A
This is a great news then ... So with 10 heavy frigates and 11 advance AIP sub navy will be very strong ... I think the only pending item in the arsenal is a heavy strike fighter for strike role ..
J31 is slightly far away and india backing out of su57 there is no need to hurry in bringing fifth generation is sub continent ... We should have atleast two squadrons of heavy strike fighters capable to strike air defences of india within 300 to 400 kms of range and also capable if hamfling rafael ...

Back
Top Bottom