What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

Yep, even YJ-12 wiki page had that exact information for over a year :

Captureyj.JPG

That's the advertised range.

I wouldn't think it would be that easy. The system's weight and other factors maybe there also.
Iirc it has already been seen mounted in 4x4 configuration before on other ships (I may be wrong so feel free to correct), which wouldn’t indicate weight isn’t an issue.

But wasn't there an option for 2 more Type054's ?
HQ-16A is too big to be quad packed, it’s an old missile. China is working on its replacement, HQ-16C.

Replacing the VLS system entirely (which will require design and testing work as the VLS system isn’t meant for These frigates) and then buying new missiles for it will be a very costly endeavor, which imo will kind of ruin the point of these ships; they’re meant to be lower cost acquisitions when compared to the Babur and Jinnah class.
The thinking here is, if China does such a thing first, then we can just ask them to put the system in our ships too, instead of asking them to do it for our ships first, in which were bearing extra cost, and that’s before considering wether this is even possible with the 054A design, in which case I’m not the best judge because I don’t know dimensions and such for most of these systems, someone else can answer that better.
No body is talking about HQ-9. I am talking about quad pack Vls for Hq-16 missiles or any other SAM.

The HT-1E was loaded with missiles including the CM-103 long-range supersonic cruise missile, HHQ-9E long-range air defense missile, CM-802B subsonic missile, and FM-3000N air defense missile at the CASIC exhibition hall at the air show. While bigger missiles such as the CM-103 and HHQ-9E require their own vertical launch cell, the same cell may hold up to four smaller missiles such as the FM-3000N.

MANILA PHILIPPINES The lead ship of the Tughril class of guided missile & air defence frigates of the #Pakistan Navy , PNS Tughril arrived in the #Philippines on a two-day port of call and goodwill visit.
PNS Tughril’s captain and crew were received by Dty Asst Chief of Naval Staff of the Philippines Navy, Captain Emilo G Orio Jr.View attachment 796061View attachment 796060
The lead ship of the Tughril class of guided missile and air defence frigates of the Pakistan Navy
🇵🇰
, PNS Tughril arrived in the Philippines
🇵🇭
on a two-day port of call and goodwill visit.

View attachment 796109

View attachment 796108

Great induction of first vls ship in PN
Yep, even YJ-12 wiki page had that exact information for over a year :

View attachment 797204

These missiles are monsters. I would suspect that this missile is a large part of the reason for getting these ships. The induction of these missiles complicates IN wartime operations.
I wonder will ours be MTCR compliant version or…

We are always MTCR compliant like the rest of the world but there is always some room for the error and missile ends up further then the paper design. In the heat of the war who is going to measure the distances, a sunken ship or some Indian measuring tape designed 5000 years ago ? 😁

If fitted from the start as a Chinese system it has to be MTCR compliant. If manufactured as a sub-variant under license no such restrictions exist.
Yeah. Just look at Harbah. I am pretty sure we will see the same with YJ-12 (or HD-1A) being inducted as SMASH, CM401 being inducted as P282.

What the truth who know

It does appear the YJ-12 canisters can stack using these mounts, and the 167 Shenzhen can mount 16 of them. That is according to visitors who asked the sailors themselves, and the official model for the refit ship.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom