What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

I mean PLN will keep on order more type054A FFG,this ship is real cheap and reliable that just like the perry class to US NAVY.
Maybe they have shifted their doctrine; type 054A maybe cheap, but they may want a ship with “longer legs”; the type 052DL “heavy frigate/destroyers” maybe their new standard to be able to operate independently outside of the first island chain, similar to how the Arliegh Burkes operate independently at times.

Which is why they may also want friendly nations to also operate them; hence why I asked what the price might be if sold to Pakistan. If Pakistan operates them, it would have the necessary maintenance equipment in place when a PLAN Type 052DL comes for some maintenance during a port visit. Pakistan wants 6 “Heavy Frigates”, and as one person said earlier, it looks like the Type 054A is not being developed further, and Pakistan already has that type, so the next option if Pakistan wants to buy a Chinese platform is a customized Type 052DL.

our 054A's do not have VDS or Towed Decoys btw

corrected

Aren't you the one who claimed to have spoken with "Chinese Experts" who think 054A's are "Low Cost, Low Quality" Frigates. It is Obvious that 054A and 054A+ are there to perhaps carry Pakistani rickshaws obviously. :lol:

054A is low cost compared to western Frigates in the same class as far as price, but definitely not low quality. It's more of a reliable workhorse type that is comparable with today's modern Frigates around the world. It's not a world beater but nothing to sneeze at, At least best in South Asia right now.

054A is low cost compared to western Frigates in the same class as far as price, but definitely not low quality. It's more of a reliable workhorse type that is comparable with today's modern Frigates around the world. It's not a world beater but nothing to sneeze at, At least best in South Asia right now.

As I have explained to many here who still don't get it. An defence related engineering contractor in US will charge $400 an hour. The same contract is China will charge $50 to $100 an hour. THIS IS WHERE THE DIFFERENCE IS.

As I have explained to many here who still don't get it. An defence related engineering contractor in US will charge $400 an hour. The same contract is China will charge $50 to $100 an hour. THIS IS WHERE THE DIFFERENCE IS.
My ex-employer Astom sent one engineer from France to Malaysia to overhaul gas turbines in electricity power generation plant (built by Alsthom-Mitsui consortium) and the "labour service" charge was US$6,000 per 8 hours/day, and that is the price tag dated about 25 years ago. Just imagine how much the they would charge today for engineer level service.

best in South Asia
lol lol
only in your book

do some research first

2 of the top 10.are in Indian navy

and we have 10 of them in service as you speak

3 shivailk

7 Talwar class

3 more Talwar under construction

6 next generation niglri started
Sorry but your designated 💩 street is the other way

Aren't you the one who claimed to have spoken with "Chinese Experts" who think 054A's are "Low Cost, Low Quality" Frigates. It is Obvious that 054A and 054A+ are there to perhaps carry Pakistani rickshaws obviously. :lol:

well done, i made an error in my post and was corrected, i find it amusing that you had to wait for me to slip up, but didn't have any rebuttal to the frankly pathetic by todays standards AAW capabilities of the 054a. Would you like to take a shot at it?

Ranked by whom?

some random guy who made a website. its literally one guy, who is a military fan and has written some books but still one guy regardless.

but because he puts indian ships in the top ten, indians will take it as the word of god. or rather the word of the westerners, which to them is just as good as the word of god.

Type 54 frigates is ranked 10th of the top 10.frigates in the world.

it's new and modern and gives a,cash strapped pakistan a good upgrade and threat to indian naval.dominance in infian Ocean.

what you really need was the type 052d destroyers as well .. These ships are bigger and better armed and would pose a,far bigger threat to the indian navy who in last 5 years as inducted
kolkotta class and vizag class destroyers at 7000 tonnes in the 052d class
scorpene French subs 10. years newer then your agosta class subs ie next gen.frebch subs superior dive depth limits and far more stealthier than.the older agosta

054 is a threat to us in Arabian sea but definitely not in Indian Ocean.....

so.any list that is not commissioned by the Pakistani defense forum... and does not porttay the chinease supplied frigate as the best or close to the best cannot be true...

it has to show chinease supplied frigate to pal navy as top end .....Or the list is made by idiots especially if has 2 indian frigates in top 10 .... that defo has to be idiot rated

you're also an idiot,

1- i dont rate much on this forum highly aside from a select few posters, so thats irrelevant anyway.
2- i literally am the biggest critic of the 054a here
3- lets look at your frigates:

Shivalik class;
- AAW provided by a single rail arm launcher, this is very impressive if we were in the late 50's.
- Fregat MAE, once again, 150km range for god knows what reference target, highly capable of course.
- its not too bad sensors wise for its age, however parading it as among the most capable is laughable lol.
- suffers from the same limitations of the 054a's missiles, except these are older tech.
Ironically, theyre a big threat though, 8 brahmos is a serious worry if launched in a rapid fire salvo due to the guidance limitations of the 054's illuminators, however, the same applies here anyway.

Talwar Class;
Its almost like this ship is a floating advertisement for the upper end soviet gear, shame the soviet union went defunct decades ago. Shame its taken 27 years from start to finish for them to hit the waters, they're a nice museum for soviet relics.

tbf this is more of a shitpost, but still, point stands.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom