What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

Dear Fellows,
Let these ships join PN.I believe these are already having latest equipment as per their capacity. It is not possible to install every most advanced tech into these Ships.
That's our wish to have more and more as well most advanced weapons to deter Enemy.
For that more advanced ships will see their way into PN Inshaa Allah soon.

I guess, Type 55 D will be the part of PN in near future with remaining wish list of our friends. Plus, we are developing Anti ship Cruise and Ballistic missile which require of course larger ships to accommodate them.

YU_10TORPEDO.jpg
It is Yu-11.
bfb71f65gw1f9ygna6gjlg20dw08pqv5.gif

Dear Fellows,
Let these ships join PN.I believe these are already having latest equipment as per their capacity. It is not possible to install every most advanced tech into these Ships.
That's our wish to have more and more as well most advanced weapons to deter Enemy.
For that more advanced ships will see their way into PN Inshaa Allah soon.

I guess, Type 55 D will be the part of PN in near future with remaining wish list of our friends. Plus, we are developing Anti ship Cruise and Ballistic missile which require of course larger ships to accommodate them.
Only 052D and 052DL.

And I guess Pakistan doesn't want to buy 055.

Only 052D and 052DL.

055 for sale yet ? PN may go for the 055 in future and we are talking about a decade or so from now. PN is adding quite a bit and it will take time to absorb all that and train enough manpower to operate them properly. Rest will likely depend upon funds and more so on Geo-Politics of surrounding areas.

055 for sale yet ? PN may go for the 055 in future and we are talking about a decade or so from now. PN is adding quite a bit and it will take time to absorb all that and train enough manpower to operate them properly. Rest will likely depend upon funds and more so on Geo-Politics of surrounding areas.
I think this is a moot question for now. Pakistani budget can't afford 055 for now. Navy is the most expensive branch of service, and it's all moot unless you have the air superiority. Investing in to the Air Force and the Army is much more cost effective.

Only 052D and 052DL.

Hi,

Pak navy did not want to buy the 054's either till the indian navy popped up in pakistani waters while the chinese navy was visiting.

India was forced to have this sub pop up because the other two modern indian sub marines needed help in escaping the arena after completing their job.

That episode triggered the need for a type 054.

Bro, the Milgem Class thread is here.

Any idea which heli will used with them ? Old Z9s or any new plateform for navy with them

Hi,

Pak navy did not want to buy the 054's either till the indian navy popped up in pakistani waters while the chinese navy was visiting.

India was forced to have this sub pop up because the other two modern indian sub marines needed help in escaping the arena after completing their job.

Hi,

Type 054 deal is older thn that incident.

Hi,

Is type 54 known for its ASW capability sir or it is more suited for PN as a point/Fleet air defense platform? Don't understand the correlation between the two in actions.
The actual outcome of lurking Indian subs in littoral waters of Pakistan would have been to revamp or increase ASW Air assets. These are more effective than a 29 knot warship and covers bigger area in lesser time.

What about the possible 6 destroyers acquisition in future .. any idea it will type 52D or type 55 or something else

Hi,

Mastan Sb,
why are you telling half the story share the full story.

Kilo and Akula SSBN were hunting PNS Saad
Scorpion was on ELINT/SIGINT mission.

Scorpion caught by P3Cs made public
Akula SSBN & Kilo were caught as well they also never completed there mission.

However, PNS Saad did so as The P3Cs, what triggered the Type 054PA purchase is ability to extend air defence and anti submarine operation and support deep into our recently extended EEZ.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom