What's new

Pakistan Navy P-3C Orion Thread

okay very good...I mean Excellent news bros... I hope the project finishes with high performance and the best results. So that we can see its induction within our PAF....:)

Chinese built Y-8 GX6 maritime aircraft could be an alternate to destroyes PC-3 Orion, if inducted by PN. It will be good to have GX6 (with joint upgrades) to match, US supplied Boeing P-8 Poseidon to India

^ there are a few upgraded P-3c pending delivery. we can consider chinese Y-8 GX6 to replace ageing Fokker and a Atlantiqe but not P-3c. once we will receive all our P-3c, then we may not required any of its alternate any soon.

Fatman what about the the two lost and were to be replaced by the US i know giving the current realtions but still any chance of it or do we have any news on it? thx.

at the moment, the way things stand, there are no plans to replace them!

Contract and Key Events updated for P3-C Orion Aircraft:

Dec 27/11:

Lockheed Martin in Owego, NY receives an $8.4 million firm-fixed-price indefinite-delivery/ indefinite-quantity contract modification in support of the Pakistan [P-3] Upgrade Program (PUP). This modification includes Phase Depot Maintenance Phase I for aircraft 505; removal and replacement of engines for aircraft 505 and 511; and support costs associated with a schedule extension to the PUP Plus effort.

Work will be performed in Greenville, SC (65%), and Owego, NY (35%), and is expected to be complete in May 2013. The US Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division in Lakehurst, NJ manages the contract, as Pakistan’s agent (N00019-06-D-0012).

Pakistan’s P-3 Orion Maritime Aircraft - and their Harpoons

Chinese built Y-8 GX6 maritime aircraft could be an alternate to destroyes PC-3 Orion, if inducted by PN. It will be good to have GX6 (with joint upgrades) to match, US supplied Boeing P-8 Poseidon to India

Sorry, no chance of that pal.

Although I didn't liked the Frigate deal with US but I was with P-3Cs deal that PN should have gone with 7-11 P-3Cs and 3-5 P-3Cs AEW&Cs aircraft with full advance avionics and weapons suite, and the rest of the money should be spent on joint training with U.S.

Whatever happen with the P-3's being replaced? any news?

Two Pakistan Navy P-3C PUP have just transitted Australia en route to PNS Mehran.
Aircraft serial 88 departed Australia for Diego Garcia 9th February closely followed by aircraft serial 89 on 15th February.

Question is, how many more are due as I have only serial 90 to come?

Cheers

Richard

Two Pakistan Navy P-3C PUP have just transitted Australia en route to PNS Mehran.
Aircraft serial 88 departed Australia for Diego Garcia 9th February closely followed by aircraft serial 89 on 15th February.

Question is, how many more are due as I have only serial 90 to come?

Cheers

Richard

5 were due 88,89,90,X,X as part of a 7-plane deal. 3 were delivered in a earlier deal for a total of 10. 3 have been attrition losses leaving a fleet of 7. the earlier models will also require a upgrade at some point.

thats good news 7 of them will be good for our protection, sadly we lost 2 in terrorist attack.

Back
Top Bottom