What's new

Pakistan Navy P-3C Orion Thread

Have the two destroyed P-3 C's been replaced yet i think not ... any further news on them?

The P3C Orion is no different and is so designed to take on both these tasks. The effectiveness or otherwise of an aircraft like the P3C is largely dependent on the weapon +equipment mix as well as the crew efficiency to handle such technology and missions.

Only this bird survived the attack ...
1371358.jpg

here's her recent picture released at Airliners.net .... You can see the removed Art work marks on tail and fuselage.
1975497.jpg

i witnessed an Orion Landing at Base Faisal about two months ago ... i mentioned it here.
Don't believe there is any second bird.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/naval-...-mehran-base-attack-damage-3.html#post1981118

Guys i ve seen the second Orion today landing at Faisal. It had cream colour like the destroyed aircrafts that means this is one of the upgraded P-3c.
Now it is confirmed that PN is flying Two P-3Cs. Serial (81) Gray & (Unknown serial) Cream colour.
:tup:

we can't more trust on USA
we must to go for Saab 2000-340 mpa or cn-235mpa that are use by Turkish Indonesian and s-Korean navies
or start joint venture with chinese

Chances to acquiring more P-3C Orions are neither slim nor dead, it could take time is money more time is a waste.

PN must look other options no one is saying over night but don't you people see there are a number of new equipment with PN/Army/AF that is new and is being slowly inducted.

Pakistan operates 4 CN-235, CN-295MPA is similar to CN-235 but stretch fuselage, what are the other future options, someone mentioned Y-8X, CN-295 is way ahead in avionics and technology then Y-8X MPA have we considered other options ever or US and China is the only option all the time atleast in this area PN should not lose in quality CN-295 is miles ahead of Y-8 by the time Y-8s are upgraded CN-295 would have jumped a generation ahead not to forget Chinese certify everything during its operational period where as Euro certify after complete test which already is certified do we need to test untested new platform in future or an already in use with 11 nations would be a better choice..

Lastly the fund story is history PN had money and that is why purchase upgrades P-3Cs. It is now an abuse to use "no funds" this attitude has to end, there are alot of equipment PN purchased with funds including the upgrades of frigates from US.

I agree, Pakistan should look for alternative resources to replace and enhance P3C orions.
But I heard Pakistan operates 7-8 orion.The above discussion shows we operate only two right now.
Any one can confirm what real number we have right now?

I agree, Pakistan should look for alternative resources to replace and enhance P3C orions.
But I heard Pakistan operates 7-8 orion.The above discussion shows we operate only two right now.
Any one can confirm what real number we have right now?

2 in inventory
5 to be delivered by US

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Chances to acquiring more P-3C Orions are neither slim nor dead, it could take time is money more time is a waste.

PN must look other options no one is saying over night but don't you people see there are a number of new equipment with PN/Army/AF that is new and is being slowly inducted.

Pakistan operates 4 CN-235, CN-295MPA is similar to CN-235 but stretch fuselage, what are the other future options, someone mentioned Y-8X, CN-295 is way ahead in avionics and technology then Y-8X MPA have we considered other options ever or US and China is the only option all the time atleast in this area PN should not lose in quality CN-295 is miles ahead of Y-8 by the time Y-8s are upgraded CN-295 would have jumped a generation ahead not to forget Chinese certify everything during its operational period where as Euro certify after complete test which already is certified do we need to test untested new platform in future or an already in use with 11 nations would be a better choice..

Lastly the fund story is history PN had money and that is why purchase upgrades P-3Cs. It is now an abuse to use "no funds" this attitude has to end, there are alot of equipment PN purchased with funds including the upgrades of frigates from US.

CN-295MPA has many US sensors etc. would require US NoC

^^^^^^^

it was a 1-time deal secured under the previous regime in Islamabad....the Swedes seemed reluctant to do repeat business

2 in inventory
5 to be delivered by US

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

CN-295MPA has many US sensors etc. would require US NoC

Fatman what about the the two lost and were to be replaced by the US i know giving the current realtions but still any chance of it or do we have any news on it? thx.

^^^^^^^

it was a 1-time deal secured under the previous regime in Islamabad....the Swedes seemed reluctant to do repeat business

That is yet to be seen, I find it best alternative as well as fleet commonality by the logic if swedes are not interested in second time business then we are seeing another F-16 banishment saga. Unless Chinese have a better MPA in pipeline or integrated MPA avionics in ZDK-03, although we would want to see a better performing sophisticated MPA based on ZDK-03-Y-8/Y-9 platform.

When are reaming 5 planned to be delivered?
Is there any delay or refusal due to current tense situation between both countries?

That is yet to be seen, I find it best alternative as well as fleet commonality by the logic if swedes are not interested in second time business then we are seeing another F-16 banishment saga. Unless Chinese have a better MPA in pipeline or integrated MPA avionics in ZDK-03, although we would want to see a better performing sophisticated MPA based on ZDK-03-Y-8/Y-9 platform.

Y-8Q Cub/High New 6

It was rumored that a much-needed ASW variant of Y-8 (Y-8Q/High New 6?) similar to American P-3C has been under development since 2007, but it has yet to enter the service with PLAN. The aircraft is believed to be based on Y-8 Catagory III Platform with a fully pressurized cabin, four 6-blade high efficiency blades and horizontal tailplanes with small vertical stabilizers. It also features a large chin radome housing a surface search radar and a FLIR turret underneath the forward fuselage. A pair of MAWS sensors are installed on both sides of its nose cone. A series of antennas are seen on top of forward fuselage and underneath the rear fuselage for communication and ELINT purpose. Two pairs of RWR antennas are installed at the tip of the vertical tailfin. The most noticeable feature of Y-8Q is a MAD sting on its tail. Its lower fuselage in the mid-section of the aircraft has been modified extensively to house an internal bomb bay for carrying light torpedos even AShMs. Two large windows are seen in the rear fuselage for observation purpose. Currently at least two Y-8Q prototype have been built by SAC.

- Last Updated 11/16/11

a western avionics and sensors upgrade enabling the a/c to use the Harpoon ASM would be ideal if this prototype is successfully introduced.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom