What's new

Pakistan Navy | News & Discussions.

Please enlighten me, and im not as familiar with him so please expand on your comment. Thanks.

If you search for his posts, he has been hinting at destroyers being next in line, and Type 52 has been mentioned specifically. He is regarded on the forum as someone in the know on PN matters.

My biggest concern with these ships are its sensors. The SR2410C while interesting in that it can search and track 150 targets as well as act as a target illuminator for out to 60km for missiles, it has significant limitations.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/exoatm...02/15/sr2410c-3-d-multi-functional-radar/amp/
While i like the radar, it us meant to be a second layer in the medium range. Pakistan needs a longer range radar on this vessel. Something at leaast as long range as the SMART-S MK2 which this radar seeks to emulate in functionality. To give us more pause, this radar which is supposed to equip PNs best surface ship, its air defense ship. It is the same radar equipped on Bangladesh's Type 056 corvettes. It is a good second tier radar, even use it as a replacement for the type 345 fcrs if you must, but it being the main radar with a range of 150km is insufficient. While not as capable in functionality, the Type 360 Air search radar of F-22P still has range of 250km. While no doubt the SR2410C is more capable (air, surface, missile S/T amd target illumination, replacing numerous radars with one sensor) i think going with a Turkish SMART-S MK2 like the Algerians did would be more sensible.
As you know turkish systems are unfortunately not 100% sanctions free.

APP42-31Karachi.jpg
APP81-31Karachi.jpg
APP82-31Karachi.jpg
APP83-31Karachi.jpg

Pakistan Navy Fleet Annual Efficiency Competition Parade and award ceremony was held at PN Dockyard, Karachi. Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi, Chief of the Naval Staff graced the occasion as Chief Guest.

Going onto larger warships is predicated on economy, but it also very much desired by the powers that be.
Desired vs likely though, in your opinion? As you said its predicated (as with most things) on economy. But my suspicion is fpr the next 15-20 years, we are not going to see any large (7k ton plus) vessel in PN. I think you will see MILGEM (3) and Type 054A/P/F-22 batch II and then you will see 3 Jinnah class light frigates (based off of I-class or LF-2400) and possibly 4 heavy frigates (likely in 4500 to 5500t range) based on Type 054B or the rumore 057 (probably to replace F-22P batch I). Then you may see larger ships

Desired vs likely though, in your opinion? As you said its predicated (as with most things) on economy. But my suspicion is fpr the next 15-20 years, we are not going to see any large (7k ton plus) vessel in PN. I think you will see MILGEM (3) and Type 054A/P/F-22 batch II and then you will see 3 Jinnah class light frigates (based off of I-class or LF-2400) and possibly 4 heavy frigates (likely in 4500 to 5500t range) based on Type 054B or the rumore 057 (probably to replace F-22P batch I). Then you may see larger ships

The service is ambitious, another package of frigates and then on to destroyers, finances will be the only thing that will slow everything down

Back
Top Bottom