What's new

Pakistan Navy interested in type 056

At this point my thread has been totally derailed because of fcking trolls. Mods we might as well close it down.

Type 056 (if purchased, big if) would have controlled and defended the coast and EEZ, together with smaller FMC and coastal batteries and air support.

Also the ASW versions are the ones most interesting to us, we could use them in conjunction with our LRMPA.

The argument about 056 and J class is garbage, we almost certainly will have a follow up order for more capable and advanced versions of J class, independent of if the type 056 is bought.

We will also most likely have eyes on FLEET/AREA SAM capability. Nuff said.

Should not you have few destroyer like Type 52D if economy permit?

Should not you have few destroyer like Type 52D if economy permit?

Definitely on the cards, the PN is currently the most visionary of the forces, they are planning for further frigate, sub, destroyer programs, and the only hindrance can be finance.

The Navy is also carrying and holding the nation's 2nd and 3rd strike capability.

Definitely on the cards, the PN is currently the most visionary of the forces, they are planning for further frigate, sub, destroyer programs, and the only hindrance can be finance.

The Navy is also carrying and holding the nation's 2nd and 3rd strike capability.
Have you looked into PN plans regarding OHP?

Why is PN interested in destroyers? Is it not better buy more frigates and corvettes?

Have you looked into PN plans regarding OHP?

There are some plans for OHP, one proposal is to wait for the F22P mlu, and then using the old sub systems and sams. I don't remember exactly the terms of transfer, if the Yanks would object.

The second plan is to use French and American systems from obsolete vessels.

At the moment there is a cost benefit analysis if it is viable spending money on an old vessel. The outcome of that will decide the fate of the OHP.

Holupaminute! A sarkari R&D idara is publishing research papers (however crappy)? I dont know how to feel about this since I've always advocated for publishing work.

Since it must be published work, can you share the work so I can just see what they're publishing?
Sorry for the late reply. I do have some of the publications (the titles) saved. Will share them soon
However, they are from the 2016-17ish period. Back then the NRDI did not exist but its constituent labs were there. So..

There are some plans for OHP, one proposal is to wait for the F22P mlu, and then using the old sub systems and sams. I don't remember exactly the terms of transfer, if the Yanks would object.

The second plan is to use French and American systems from obsolete vessels.

At the moment there is a cost benefit analysis if it is viable spending money on an old vessel. The outcome of that will decide the fate of the OHP.

I saw some tender documents concerning upgrades to the Agosta 70s and the OHP. So comprehensive upgrades are definitely on the cards.
The tenders were specifically for upgrading the subs' battery monitoring systems and the OHP's was for digitizing of the old engine order telegraph system (present system uses a teletype-kind printer to log events and parameters, new system would use a standard desktop PC with a PLC-like GUI)
My guess is that the PN is going for upgrades as the need for them becomes critical or as OEM support for a specific subsystem dries up instead of upgrading the whole suite of subsystems. They probably want to use the original American or French systems as long as possible due to their inherent reliability and overall intuitiveness. This can be accomplished by the typical Pakistani 'jugaarhs' (something I've been witness to)

The 056 is a low-cost patrol vessel for low-intensity missions.Designed to replace aging patrol boats, the biggest benefit to the Navy is improved living conditions for sailors.The biggest combat mission may be fighting pirates.

I think if PN has the same needs it can purchase some.
The 056 is not suitable for large-scale combat.

The 056 is a low-cost patrol vessel for low-intensity missions.Designed to replace aging patrol boats, the biggest benefit to the Navy is improved living conditions for sailors.The biggest combat mission may be fighting pirates.

I think if PN has the same needs it can purchase some.
The 056 is not suitable for large-scale combat.
Exactly, couldn't have said it better.

Even Corvettes are a plus for our close sure defensive posture, it's a gap we need to fill
The scope of operation is likely near our own economic sea zone , and Trade interest at Sea

8 Ships would be a great addition, it would go nicely with the Azmat Missile Boat program

A small group of 1 Corvettes and 2 Azmat Missile boats would offer a great combination patrolling the sea

Armed with Anti Ship Missiles these combined platform would be a great deterrent

It's a deceptively large ship but it looks small from front angles , the size can be better understood comparing it with the helicopter on deck

Type_056_corvette_%EF%BC%9F.jpg

images

These two ships together would be a nice combination

Last edited:
That's will be a good addition. But why not PN look towards the Destroyers from China, Turkey, or even from EU.

Although they are Corvettes but Pakistan could use them as OPV. Just like our Yarmook. I am taking a guess and I seriously believe Type 54 A order will also increase could go up to 8 Ships

Destroyers and big Frigates with VLS for Land Attack Cruise Missiles are must for offensive capability
Yes pak should opt for bigger vessel with more powerfull weapons these small vessels will make one dimensional frce which is nt good we must opt for different vessels

Since the world is polarizing drastically. When is Pakistan signing Type 56 Deal ?

I understand now why PN is interested in Type056A.
054A/P has watered down its anti-submarine system

Back
Top Bottom