What's new

Pakistan Navy interested in type 056

On bigger then type 54 ships.
I would rather improve the weapons sensor of type 54 rather then going for bigger ships given our geography and numbers we will need

We may request Chinese to develop smaller version of HQ9 missile in medium term which can adjust in VLS of Type 54 along with medium range missile which we may pack dual missiles in VLS.

With additional 6 damen Ships now confirmed. what is the status of these ships.

On another note if we compare them with Yarmook class. Apparently it seems Type 56 layout is more suitable for weapons integration.

Last edited:

On another note if we compare them with Yarmook class. Apparently it seems Type 56 layout is more suitable for weapons integration.
There was no credibility behind 056 rumours. Probably fanboy dreams, PN already owns an ASW Corvette design, why would they buy another off the shelf.

additional Yarmooks? I dont think so

There was no credibility behind 056 rumours. Probably fanboy dreams, PN already owns an ASW Corvette design, why would they buy another off the shelf.
It might have been in the selection process as the numbers do match I.e. 8 ships. Another hint is the procurement of PMSA. the kashmir class looks based on Type 56. PN might have been looking at the ship at that time. However PN preferred Damen OPV.

But still with Pakistan Nay looking to develop a variety of missile. Azmat class is not sufficient and larger but simple design is needed that can be build locally in decent numbers. A ship based on Type 56 looks pretty decent to replace Azmat class.
It might have been in the selection process as the numbers do match I.e. 8 ships. Another hint is the procurement of PMSA. the kashmir class looks based on Type 56. PN might have been looking at the ship at that time. However PN preferred Damen OPV.

But still with Pakistan Nay looking to develop a variety of missile. Azmat class is not sufficient and larger but simple design is needed that can be build locally in decent numbers. A ship based on Type 56 looks pretty decent to replace Azmat class.

The poster never said that PN is acquiring Type 056 vessels, he merely said that interest has been shown. SO PN could have looked at them or inquired about the vessels but then decided to go with something else.

Unable to find video from YouTube but it was from Turkish defence expo, the representative was claiming that they were discussing FAC55 with Pakistan.
New class of FACM.

Don't know about additional orders of OPVs.

Back
Top Bottom