What's new

Pakistan Navy---A Day Late & A Dollar Short:---

Actually accidents in wartime are more probable than accidents in peacetime. But then you are a bharati who has its own weird logic where peacetime mishaps are more OK than those in war.

I would prefer a clean slate during war (read about operation trident and python) under trying circumstances, a mishap here and there is only human

I would prefer a clean slate during war (read about operation trident and python) under trying circumstances, a mishap here and there is only human

You would prefer jumping in a civil war and get your only comprehensive victory in 1000 years.

Anyways what happened with Betwa few days ago is indeed very embarrassing.

You would prefer jumping in a civil war and get your only comprehensive victory in 1000 years.

Anyways what happened with Betwa few days ago is indeed very embarrassing.

Well the talk with the other member was in respect to India pak scenario. For us Betwa episode is a lesson and few crore rupee expenditure

Here is my take on the publicly available information. A submarine's strength lies in silent hunting of lone prays. As soon as you get many ships in close proximity, some of which have ASW systems available, the sub loses its advantage.

The Indian navy knows this. Hence, they will evolve their doctrine to ensure all valuable assets are at all times accompanied by ASW elements. Given they are up against 8 or more submarines, they will need a small flotilla to ensure effective counter-measures.

This plays to PN's strengths IF they are open to launching nuclear armed ballistic missiles from land into the midst of attacking flotillas. In the immediate aftermath, Pakistani subs will be able to pick off any stragglers.

PN could also equip the subs with 'tactical nukes' which basically emerge from the water and detonote in the air. Indian flotillas would live in fear of any Pak submarine sighting.

If India tries to break up its attack formations, it immediately plays into PN's hands because small pairs are prone to subs hunting in a pack.

PN will need to invest in proper shielding of the subs in radioactive waters.

@MastanKhan @Khafee @Naif al Hilali @Sarge @Oscar @Horus @Zarvan @Bilal Khan 777 @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Windjammer

Last edited:
SD 26 will cover the entire Indian ocean as and when it is available to Pakistan. Pakistan will be able to target any ship in Indian Ocean, I told you era of Aircraft Carrier Groups is finished, that will be Indian navy's worst nightmare materializing.

SD 26 will cover the entire Indian ocean as and when it is available to Pakistan. Pakistan will be able to target any ship in Indian Ocean, I told you era of Aircraft Carrier Groups is finished, that will be Indian navy's worst nightmare materializing.
sorry it is DF 26 anti ship missile under development by Chinese friends

typing error

typing error
it has a range of 4000 Km with over the horizon radar

Yeah, I never really understood the thinking behind buying 8 Chinese submarines in one contract.

Hopefully the Admirals know what they're doing.

That reduce cost and we need to retire 2 subs while we are already short of required strength, whereas IN is expending with rapid pace.

where is the logistic to handle so many subs etc with 2 ports only?

Navy is now rapidly expanding (which is needed too) they have 4 or more places from where they can operate, PN is moving away from Karachi in terms of using port.

And when will you have access to them ? We have been hearing about Pakistan acquiring DF 21Ds for five years

That will not happen, if Pakistan is looking to have ASBM then you will know about locally developed one in future.

And when will you have access to them ? We have been hearing about Pakistan acquiring DF 21Ds for five years
Nations do not disclose such secrets, sale may or may not have gone ahead, surprise will remain a predominant factor in warfare, this is how it has been for millinia

Nations do not disclose such secrets, sale may or may not have gone ahead, surprise will remain a predominant factor in warfare, this is how it has been for millinia
local or imported one thing is confirmed, Aircraft carrier will not dare in this region

Oh please.

That will not happen, if Pakistan is looking to have ASBM then you will know about locally developed one in future.

Hmm, that's interesting.

local or imported one thing is confirmed, Aircraft carrier will not dare in this region

Again, that's merely an assumption.

It may have already taken place! Just because indians don't know doesn't mean we don't have it. Remember you indians already said that it was IMPOSSIBLE for Pakistan to ever become a nuclear weapons state with or without Chinese assistance. We know what happened to that indian delusional bollywood fantasy. Just as then so is now :azn:

The main threat from India is their CBG and brahmos
Acquiring sub's is a great way to go,What we simply need is a BrahMos equivalent.
Second strike capability will automatically be solved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes sir, indeed, we watch the prophetic over simplified revelation by people and are reduced to sardonic chuckles.

Mr. MK,
your assumptions on Pakistan navy submarine program are based on publicly available information. Well, for your enlightenment, the publicly released information on the Pakistan future submarine programs and other underwater endeavors is deceptive on purpose, and conceals specific information. There is reasons for keeping the submarine arm a silent force, which you can continue to argue against. Some of us who are privy to the national secrets, who gave our blood and soul to this country's defence, who lost our dear ones in many high and low intensity conflicts, and continue to lose our children at the hands of terrorism, will continue to support the policy of keeping certain matters secret from public eye, specifically as it pertains to the current and future Submarine fleet.

You, on the other hand, have the right of your opinion, and talk whatever craziness that surrounds in you in your extradition aboard. While I know you have a genuine heart as you spend more time here (on this forum) than with your new comrades, your generalized assertions and opinions are entertaining to only you, and perhaps enlightening to the few souls who consider you as an "expert"

BR

Tall claims indeed. May I respond? The nation is in strong hands and has a vision, while the likes of you are unable, or unwilling to see as it will reduce your own blowing horn to a squeak.

To your 11 years on a builliten board, what credibility do you have? not much I must submit.

Indeed sir, history does not forbid well to super stars. Are you waiting that i bit the dust too? I may retire back to the ashes and dust but you shall as well.

I am yet to see you accept any of your mistakes, including all your vile opinions, your uncouth and insulting assertions, and your anti Pakistan propaganda which maligns the hearts of many young readers. What is your agenda really?

I will give you the reference which you may not be able to digest. The first war of Islam, when the 313 stood for battle on the call of the prophet (p.b.u.h) and his true love, how many swords and horses did they have?

You are a used car salesman, show monger and a tabloid journalist at the most. May the lord guide you to open your mind, and look beyond your "world" as there is always an ocean of information you are/were/will remain unaware of.
The Same Elitist Mindset that our military had since independance--the real cause of our misfortunes.
Civilians damned civilians stay away from talking about the GODS of Pakistan!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom