What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

Pakistan Navy receives Sea King helicopters

View attachment 399506

KARACHI: The Pakistan Navy has received seven Sea King helicopters that were purchased from the United Kingdom, according to a statement issued on Friday.

The helicopters were formally handed over to Pakistan Navy on 24 May 2017, in a ceremony attended by Syed Ibne Abbas, Pakistan High Commissioner to the UK.

Christopher Bob Richardson represented the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) in the formal handing over ceremony.

Contract for purchase of seven (07) helicopters was signed last year. A separate contract was signed with M/s Vector Aerospace for maintenance of the aircraft before being shipped to Pakistan later this year.

The High Commissioner lauded the historic relationship between the Armed Forces of Pakistan and the United Kingdom and the role played by the UK in capacity building of Pakistan Armed Forces both in terms of equipment support and training.

He thanked the representatives of the UK MoD, Leonardo and M/s Vector Aerospace for their support in making this project a success and hoped that the cooperation between the two Armed Forces would continue to grow in future.

The photos at the hand-over ceremony show a Sea King Mk.HC4+ in the background. That is the assault/troop carrying version used to support the Royal Marines.

Pakistan Navy ooooo I've never posted in this section before

Can some one please tell me the total amount of Naval aircraft in PN and what the fleet consists off?

6-8 p3 5-8 fokers 3-5 atr 1 additional Ac for ew/transport add 3 PMsa bn2 as well what am I Missing ? Fixed wing?

Atlantic are retired now and atr fleet being beefed up and upgraded to replace fokers

Last edited:
Curious navy never bought mashaq even for comm like af and p.a. ?? Pn instructor pilot do graduate From paf on mashaq ??

It would be interesting to see either navy or more likely PMSA to adopt heli-drones like CH-500 or or Sky Saker H-300 on board their ships. These would give good over the horizon reach for PMSA OPV's to attack other vessels (primarily anti-piracy and smuggling roles) with ATG Missiles like Barq/AR-1/HJ-10. They are small and could easily be stored in the hangars with larger Search and Rescue choppers. I think the both the 600T and 1500T ships from China would benefit from these.

Total Naval Strength: 197
Total Aircraft Carrier Strength: 0
Total Frigate Warship Strength: 10
Total Destroyer Warship Strength: 0
Total Corvette Warship Strenght: 0
Submarine Strenght: 8
Patrol fleet: 17

Total Naval Strength: 197
Total Aircraft Carrier Strength: 0
Total Frigate Warship Strength: 10
Total Destroyer Warship Strength: 0
Total Corvette Warship Strenght: 0