What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

I saw a photo of that aircraft with serial number 76. That is the new one I was looking for indeed.

Now I hope funds will be available soon, so some ATR’s will be upgraded to Sea Eagle.
According RAS they expecting follow up order of 2 or atleast 1 ATR for MPA upgrades from Pakistan ( i saw a video on youtube where it was shown at Paris Airshow and RAS representative said it )

But it all depends on budget available.
Out of 7 Fokker we have 4 in MPA role ( according to wikipedia ) and 3 in transport ( wikipedia ) so 4 RAS MPA ATR-72 will be fine for now in place of 4-5 fokker MPA as according to QUWA CNS said Pakistan is also looking for LRMPA .

Replacing all foker in transport as well as asw/mpa role means between 6-8 aircraft if going one for one [emoji121]️
Not all fokkers are in MPA role according to wikipedia and these RAS MPAs are new tech so 4 or 5 will be fine in place of 7 fokkers ( 4 fokkers MPAs n 3 Transport fokkers > wikipedia ) .

http://falcons.pk/photo/Lockheed-P-3C-Orion/2455

Photo-2455.jpg

There 4 fokers so 4 atr expected to replace them plus another 2 in training /transport role

How many would then be the total?
2 are delivered by RAS n Aerodata ( 1 in 2018 n 1 in 2019 ) and are inducted in PN ( 1 in dec 2018 and 2nd on 4th Jan 2020 ) > these are RAS MPA with 2 hard points not transport , in transport we have 2 so total is 2 MPA , 2 transport , now according to aerodata they are expecting 2 or 1 more from Pakistan which will take MPA numbers to 3 or 4 ( but in my view minimum ATR in MPA role required by Pakistan is 4 so 2 but depend of budget , may be 1 now in 2020 n 1 later ) .

We should now look for P3C replacement
According to QUWA PN will look for LRMP Aircraft to replace P3Cs ( Which have still some years left in them > so in future ) while RAS MPAs are not LRMP and are being inducted in place of Atlanic n now Fokkers .

Back
Top Bottom