What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

which one of these two is repairable ?

PNS-Merhan-Blast021.jpg
I see only one.

I finally found out what happened to the ATR72 that I was looking for. It is flying for the Pakistan Navy, with serial 76.
So the Navy has 4 ATR72 in its inventory, 2 Sea Eagle, and 2 in a normal passenger/cargo configuration
Any picture of the said ATR? Also what was its civilian registration before PN acquired it?

It was registered I-EASD when ferried to Mönchengladbach for some work carried out. There it was re-registered T7-NWW. With that registration it was ferried to Pakistan
It makes sense because according to RAS they are expecting further order from PN for atleast 1 or may be 2 aircrafts ( Paris Airshow 2019 ) after delivering two already .

It makes sense because according to RAS they are expecting further order from PN for atleast 1 or may be 2 aircrafts ( Paris Airshow 2019 ) after delivering two already .

Replacing all foker in transport as well as asw/mpa role means between 6-8 aircraft if going one for one [emoji121]️

But it all depends on budget available.
You have nailed this argument on its head. In an environment of resource constraints it will need the PN to ascertain where the project stands in its priority list. Cost of maintenance and running costs of the different platforms as well as timelines of various other projects coming on line and payments on other loans for these projects will be deciding factors. I think that for PN it is more a question of when than yes or not.
A

ATR-72-MPA-LUNA-NG-Pakistan-Navy-692x360.jpg

RAS-72 Sea Eagle and LUNA NG. Photo Source: Pakistan Navy
Daily News
Jan 5, 2020 Bilal Khan -
PAKISTAN NAVY OFFICIALLY INDUCTS ATR-72 MPA AND LUNA NG UAV
ShareTweet

On 04 January 2020, the Pakistan Navy’s (PN) Director General of Public Relations announced that the PN officially inducted “marinized” ATR-72 aircraft and LUNA NG unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV).

Though the PN showed two ATR-72 aircraft, only one of them was configured as a maritime patrol aircraft (MPA). This aircraft was from the conversion order the PN awarded to Rheinland Air Service (RAS) in 2016 – the first of these re-configured MPAs was inducted in December 2018.

The PN’s ATR-72 MPA is also known as the RAS-72 Sea Eagle. The RAS-72 Sea Eagle is configured with the Leonardo Seaspray 7300E active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar, FLIR Systems’ Star SAFIRE III electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) turret, and Elettronica’s electronic support measures (ESM) suite.

Tying these systems together is Aerodata AG’s AeroMission mission management suite. AeroMission has a sensor fusion algorithm, which offers the RAS-72 crew with situational awareness across multiple areas.

The RAS-72 is also capable of anti-submarine warfare (ASW), it can deploy lightweight ASW torpedoes.

The second newly inducted ATR-72 is not an MPA, but it will operate in a “cargo/para-drop role [that] will provide added flexibility to the (PN’s) Special Forces’ operations.”

As for the LUNA NG, its manufacturer – EMT Penzberg – terms it as a “tactical unmanned aircraft system” (TUAS). With a take-off weight of 110 kg, the LUNA NG is a lightweight UAV, but its payload options include synthetic aperture radar (SAR), signals intelligence (SIGINT), ESM, and EO/IR. It can fly for over 12 hours.

The PN said it will use the LUNA NG to monitor its creeks and coastal areas. The PN also announced that its long-term development plans include the “acquisition of Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicles (UCAV).”

The UCAV could be in reference to the PN’s reported interest in the Turkish Aerospace Anka-S during the 2018 International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (IDEAS).

https://quwa.org/2020/01/05/pakistan-navy-officially-inducts-atr-72-mpa-and-luna-ng-uav/

It was registered I-EASD when ferried to Mönchengladbach for some work carried out. There it was re-registered T7-NWW. With that registration it was ferried to Pakistan
We inducted another ATR-72 on 4th January 2020 apart from MPA ATR-72 . so i think u were right .

Back
Top Bottom