What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

Sea king#12(e).jpg

PN Sea King-14.jpg

Sea king-12(e).jpg

Z-9C(#24-e).jpg

1865352-group-1544631246-360-640x480.jpg

Pakistan Navy has inducted its first upgraded ATR aircraft and Sea King helicopters in its fleet.

fleet-1544631326.jpg

The newly inducted aircraft. PHOTO: PAKISTAN NAVY

navy-2-1544630586.jpg
Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Zafar Mahmood visits the newly inducted Sea King helicopter during the ceremony to induct aviation units into Pakistan Navy. PHOTO: PAKISTAN NAVY

Three new were bought in flyable form I think the recent crash was newer from uk so 2 inducted ??

1865352-group-1544631246-360-640x480.jpg

Pakistan Navy has inducted its first upgraded ATR aircraft and Sea King helicopters in its fleet.

fleet-1544631326.jpg

The newly inducted aircraft. PHOTO: PAKISTAN NAVY

navy-2-1544630586.jpg
Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Zafar Mahmood visits the newly inducted Sea King helicopter during the ceremony to induct aviation units into Pakistan Navy. PHOTO: PAKISTAN NAVY
One of them is the commando version. From the current configuration, it looks like it's going to be used by SSGN.

hopefully PN will get decent Z18 variant from China for navy

we should establish a proper rotary wing ASW squadron with latest technologies to sweep the coast

we should establish a proper rotary wing ASW squadron with latest technologies to sweep the coast
tbh I wouldn't count Leonardo and the AW101 out either. I know it's costlier, but it's a mature and widely used platform. It wouldn't be beyond the PN to opt for that to supplant the Sea Kings.

Z-18 would be an ideal replacement for the venerable the SH-3 Sea King. The latter has served long past its shelf life, and in the coming years would be in need to be completely replaced.

Back
Top Bottom