What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

If you really wanted to turn the tables on the IN, IMHO, PN should do anything to convince China for 8 J-20s. IN has no counter to such a plane. It would be a constant threat, with any of their capital ships, AWACS, P-8s, no matter where in the Indian ocean, afraid of being knocked out.

Anti surface vs anti sub roles pn z9 are only for anti sub roles so no Missile as far as evidence is concerned via Pic available

If you really wanted to turn the tables on the IN, IMHO, PN should do anything to convince China for 8 J-20s. IN has no counter to such a plane. It would be a constant threat, with any of their capital ships, AWACS, P-8s, no matter where in the Indian ocean, afraid of being knocked out.
IMO even for the PLAAF/PLAN's standards, the J-20 is more experimental and a stepping stone to something else later down the line than a serviceable product. I know the PLAAF 'inducted' it, but with them continuing with also rolling out J-10Cs and J-11Ds to-date, the J-20 isn't key to their strategy. It's key strategically in terms of letting them develop next-gen fighters, but I think we'll start seeing the real fruits 5-10 years from now (as a new fighter from Chengdu).

IMO even for the PLAAF/PLAN's standards, the J-20 is more experimental and a stepping stone to something else later down the line than a serviceable product. I know the PLAAF 'inducted' it, but with them continuing with also rolling out J-10Cs and J-11Ds to-date, the J-20 isn't key to their strategy. It's key strategically in terms of letting them develop next-gen fighters, but I think we'll start seeing the real fruits 5-10 years from now (as a new fighter from Chengdu).

I agree with you Bilal that China has other projects in the pipeline. Remember, F-22 research started in the 1970s. China must already start building the generation after J-20, the US is already on its way. That said, I put a little more faith in the J-20 as something beyond experimental, and will probably be inducted in at least 200-300 units.

J-20 attempts to par PLAAF forces, the J-XX beyond this will attempt to one-up the Americans.

it will bring back PN in game fully agreed

Good idea

so you are saying we expect to see another JXX in addition to j20 and j-31..
i am not sure..
the design of j-20 is solid, they can keep updating the rest

J 20 is in no way the definitive version of the technology or the platform. China wanted to show that they can and will be up there with the best of the best in terms of stealth technology. So it inducted technology "demonstrator" in operational echelons.

IMHO work must be on for a more definitive/truly "Operational" version of J-20 more powerful power plant and avionics.

I suspect project "Azam" is linked in some way with that definitive version.

J 20 is in no way the definitive version of the technology or the platform. China wanted to show that they can and will be up there with the best of the best in terms of stealth technology. So it inducted technology "demonstrator" in operational echelons.

IMHO work must be on for a more definitive/truly "Operational" version of J-20 more powerful power plant and avionics.

I suspect project "Azam" is linked in some way with that definitive version.
simply updated engine and avionics will not give the j-20 a different name..

J-20 may not be needed if Pakistan can field Su-35 of latest Chinese flankers in decent numbers.

J-20 may not be needed if Pakistan can field Su-35 of latest Chinese flankers in decent numbers.
It has been confirmed that the radar of Su-35 is inferior to that of J-10C.
Su-35 is not as good as Russia claims to be.

Back
Top Bottom