What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

PN should go for Chinese Z18 F naval version perhaps may be used for multi functions.

That is history my friend. No life left in that particular project.
My friend never say no, every thing is possible in today's world based on economic benefits not based on ethics. If Pak deal proves to be beneficial for French they will not hesitate to provide anything just like Russia.
(Even Gen Raheel has reached Russia for three days visit to get something it may not be just for picnic or to strengthen ties he is there to get something. He is a man of deeds not words. Same way PAF should renew their contacts with French along with high level Govt officials and they may get they want)

PN should go for Chinese Z18 F naval version perhaps may be used for multi functions.

My friend never say no, every thing is possible in today's world based on economic benefits not based on ethics. If Pak deal proves to be beneficial for French they will not hesitate to provide anything just like Russia.
(Even Gen Raheel has reached Russia for three days visit to get something it may not be just for picnic or to strengthen ties he is there to get something. He is a man of deeds not words. Same way PAF should renew their contacts with French along with high level Govt officials and they may get they want)

One should be optimistic but realistic also.

Ur optimism can be realized by strong future planning. Pak only lacks long term future planing and efficient execution.
So I am afraid Fatman Sir that I am still optimistic.
There are many things already happened in defense field which if some one claims now may look to be optimistic till that time at which we get clear proof.
Perhaps in near future u may get some surprises.

With future increase in surface vessels we shall automatically require multipurpose helis with better performance just like Z18 F .

Yaaar i dont think so sea king have any upgrade left to be done even if it it cannot match opponenet systems technology so better of atleast buy new airframe of seaking also now almost end better to replace 30 year old workhorse

The only replacement which can match the Seakings are either very expensive or not available.

Merlins, Sea Hawks are the only two helicopters which can replace the Sea King's, but we can't afford the Merlins and Sea Hawks aren't available.

Presently the upgrades on these airframes can keep them operational for another decade.

The only replacement which can match the Seakings are either very expensive or not available.

Merlins, Sea Hawks are the only two helicopters which can replace the Sea King's, but we can't afford the Merlins and Sea Hawks aren't available.

Presently the upgrades on these airframes can keep them operational for another decade.
Royal Canadian Navy replaced sea kings with CH- 148 cyclone not long ago .

Last edited:
Royal Canadian Navy replaced sea kings with CH- 148 cyclone not long ago .

Yea, but they flew the Sea Kings for more than 50 years.
Cyclone's are yet to fully replace the Sea Kings.

seaking_special_colour_scheme.jpg

French will concentrate on sales to India thy will not annoy India for sometime to come.

This plane is continuously buzzing the neighborhood. Substituting P3Cs and C-130s. Looks like Y-7
20150610_061358.jpg
20150610_061405.jpg

Last edited:
This plane is continuously buzzing the neighborhood. Substituting P3Cs and C-130s. Looks like Y-7
View attachment 232619 View attachment 232620

That looks interesting. However by the pictures you shared, in the first one it clearly show as having two engines but in second one there is some confusion as we can see four marks.
20150610_061405.jpg

now the Y-7 do not have it. Also it have a swept tail wing. But the way the engines are set on the wings in first pic, the way half of them is shown behind the wing as well is typical of Y-7 (that is not the case in Y-8) It is totally lost to me what this plane could be. Hope its not one of those Fokkers :P the design looks EXACTLY like that.

@fatman17 any insight sir?

Back
Top Bottom