What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

US Cost Guard Style paint scheme of old PMSA Fokker.

312565_1533079144382_663461194_n.jpg

Torpedo Away.

11336798_10200611855376291_954870673456979686_o.jpg

ATR72 is the plane, what systems you want it to be carrying for anti ship and anti submarine roles? what Sonars and other system??

The plan is / was to fit the Turkish Meltem system but there seems to be some delay.
However last nite some high Turkish officials arrived in karachi and were received by naval officials. I was at karachi airport.

The plan is / was to fit the Turkish Meltem system but there seems to be some delay.
However last nite some high Turkish officials arrived in Karachi and were received by naval officials. I was at Karachi airport.
That is from Thales right?
Thales AMASCOS maritime patrol mission system , AMASCOS with an array of sensors that include a surveillance turret, Thales’ Ocean Master search radar, an ESM radar/transmitter locator, a Magnetic Anomaly Detector to find submarines, and transmissions from launched sonobuoys.
Weapons include lightweight torpedoes, and Turkey will be using Raytheon’s new Mk54.

Will it be a suitable solution/replacement or even future induction considering everything coming from Thales and Raytheon's, What about $$$ and other problems we may well face with western systems. We are using P3C, these are serving us well, so better induct more platforms or if you need to change to a new one, go for something less risky. Replacing P3C with another western system wont be really ideal i guess.

Lets see how things progress from that Turkish officials visit.

However last nite some high Turkish officials arrived in karachi and were received by naval officials. I was at karachi airport.
Sir, any news of the 3 new ATR-72's and the up-gradation of the existing fleet.

ATR72 is the plane, what systems you want it to be carrying for anti ship and anti submarine roles? what Sonars and other system??
Not sure what systems we want to install on ATRs, but I have one thing very clear in my mind we need to get rid off all American systems in our inventory......... Period !!!!

Again, by "so that PN can continue with the French systems" are you referring to Exocet missiles?

AS for the Indian French deals, you cannot count the rafale deal as a total lost case. They still are going for planes from France, ave a large Mirage fleet and the Rafale, as i said is not a totally lost case. It is very likely that with LCA FOC delayed further IAF will go for more Rafales. Do not take the statement of that DM that seriously, that is they same stupid person who openly admitted Indian sponsoring of terrorism in Pakistan! Also the very next day there was another statement by him claiming that IAF have option of getting more Rafale and may exercise that. So if by LATEST INFO you think that every thing is finalized now and everyone have played there hand and the table is stacked in our favor, unfortunately that is not the case.
Pak has hot Augosta submarines from French same can be done in case of Avionics as rumors are there that Pak may get some Avionics/engines from French for JF17. If Pak can arrange funds they may get access to French techs.

Pak has hot Augosta submarines from French same can be done in case of Avionics as rumors are there that Pak may get some Avionics/engines from French for JF17. If Pak can arrange funds they may get access to French techs.
That is history my friend. No life left in that particular project.

What replacement of seakings do pn has they are almost end to their life. I hope pn choose something new. Like kamov

Back
Top Bottom