What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

tbh I can't see how they'll get the optimal design configuration without Embraer's input.

Difficult but not impossible, my personal opinion is there will be some assistance from Embraer, if the PN succeeds they can market this for other countries, and make the only viable competition for the P8.

I imagine it's doable. In fact, if you're going to modify an E190 for the LRMPA role, adding fuel tanks in some of the cargo area shouldn't be as complex as adding external hardpoints, a torpedo bay, etc.
Seems like that, additional to lineage 1000 is will open option of 500 plus (E190) used jets can be purchased and modify for PN (sea sultan) or even PAF in future

If i am not wrong E190 will cheaper then Lineage 1000

Seems like that, additional to lineage 1000 is will open option of 500 plus (E190) used jets can be purchased and modify for PN (sea sultan) or even PAF in future

If i am not wrong E190 will cheaper then Lineage 1000

Range difference e190 was basis for 1000 but some mods let see

1624133854969.png

Westland WS-61 Sea King MK45 Helicopters assigned to Pakistan Naval Air Arm

Difficult but not impossible, my personal opinion is there will be some assistance from Embraer, if the PN succeeds they can market this for other countries, and make the only viable competition for the P8.
With only 28 Lineage 1000 to exist, and supposedly 10 with us, who'll buy the rest of the 18? Lineage 1000 IMO was a bad choice, we should've gone with something which has more spare parts in the market, probably old A320 or A310s, and then used them as an excuse to build an Airbus overhaul facility for other commercial jets as well.
I think going for the L-1000 is going to bite us in the future.

With only 28 Lineage 1000 to exist, and supposedly 10 with us, who'll buy the rest of the 18? Lineage 1000 IMO was a bad choice, we should've gone with something which has more spare parts in the market, probably old A320 or A310s, and then used them as an excuse to build an Airbus overhaul facility for other commercial jets as well.

No because it is virtually same as the commercial aircraft it is based on, so not a problem at all.

Range difference e190 was basis for 1000 but some mods let see
Lineage have double fuel capacity then E190 due to additional fuel tanks in cargo area.
If these tanks added to E190 cargo area it can become something Similar thematically
500 plus E190 exits around world
Note E190 + additional fuel tank = lineage 100

If we exclude specialed VIP interior of lineage which will totally replaced when converting to sea sultan

Lineage have double fuel capacity then E190 due to additional fuel tanks in cargo area.
If these tanks added to E190 cargo area it can become something Similar thematically

500 plus E190 exits around world
Note E190 + additional fuel tank = lineage 100

If we exclude specialed VIP interior of lineage which will totally replaced when converting to sea sultan

Pn contract wanted a minimum fleet to be operational I think 100 so if only counting lineage 28 it wouldn’t qualify so both 1000 and 190 together count is over 100

Bottom line can convert 190 to 1000

I answered this in another forum thread already. L-1000 is part of the E-190 family, of which there are over 1600 aircraft in existence and Embraer is the worlds third largest aircraft manufacturer. PN will have no issue with spare parts as 95% of the parts will be shared, just the layout of the aircraft is different. PN obviously knows what it’s buying.

I answered this in another forum thread already. L-1000 is part of the E-190 family, of which there are over 1600 aircraft in existence and Embraer is the worlds third largest aircraft manufacturer. PN will have no issue with spare parts as 95% of the parts will be shared, just the layout of the aircraft is different. PN obviously knows what it’s buying.
Totally agree even we just count E190 and E195 they are aroud 800 plus these are same of lineage 1000.
If we include other family of E series numbers go much browned.. they are almost same jet with minor capacity and engine change ..

PN has taken very wise decision and sensible path of Embraer (non American) , there jets are used worldwide and are ecnomical and reliable

Lineage was selected because of its range. Range is a critical performance measure for MPA. Lineage range is slightly more than that of P8. Most of the parts are interchangeable with other Embraer liners.

Lineage was selected because of its range. Range is a critical performance measure for MPA. Lineage range is slightly more than that of P8. Most of the parts are interchangeable with other Embraer liners.
Is it wise to compare the range of a modified aircraft with that of the L-1000? Won't there be changes in both their ranges as well?

Is it wise to compare the range of a modified aircraft with that of the L-1000? Won't there be changes in both their ranges as well?
PN don’t have the option of modifying an airframe. Adding range is fundamental change in calculations of the design. A very costly affair. It has to pick off the shelf.

Do you know how much it costs to modify an aircraft? Why would PN pay more to have the aircraft modified twice (Long range configuration and then MPA)

Embraer has done the first step already in the shape of Lineage 1000. PN just has to do the second bit.

Lineage is the same aircraft as E190 optimized for long range.

Back
Top Bottom