What's new

Pakistan millitarys service pistol

there is no official sidearm of pak army

-------

an officer can choose whatever he deems suitable

@PanzerKiel
That is such a ridiculous state of affairs - you mean to tell me there is no standard side arm? how is that possible?.

Here you only are given Vektor 9mm side arm. Long before it was Berreta '92 variant (Z-88) locally produced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vektor_SP1

I always thought you were using H&K sidearm. What next ? my grand father's webley? or browning hi-power?

Last edited:
That is such a ridiculous state of affairs - you mean to tell me there is no standard side arm? how is that possible?.

Here you only are given Vektor 9mm side arm. Long before it was Berreta '92 variant (Z-88) locally produced.

I always thought you were using H&K sidearm. What next ? my grand father's webley? or browning hi-power?

pak army decides what to do and what not to,

simply put, there's no reason to issue sidearms to officers, unless they are conducting policing operations like the wehrmacht in occupied countries of ww2 ( every german officer was issued a luger )!

9mm' are easily available in market where you can choose from a plethora of choices, rds are issued by your unit ,

Sarsilmaz Defence 9 mm is the standard issue to max units. However, officers can choose their own.

Sarsilmaz and Norinco, both 9mm both Manufactured in POF are issued officially to all PA officers regardless of their branch. Also officers can keep 2 more private side arms without license.

Am i right?

Affirmative

any idea which pistol is this ?
upload_2020-7-25_7-36-23.png

a clearer pic

looks like a toy when i first saw it :D not a refreshing thought of having your father in law with a compact pistol with a happy trigger attitude towards Evil Moslems :fie:

As someone says....your In-Laws are THE LAW.

Last edited:

You make a good point and you are also correct that there has to be a standard-issued side-arm for the Army. It cannot be an ad-hoc situation where anyone can buy/use anything. Maintenance, ammunition, storage all has to be accounted for all arms, including side-arms. Having said that, the reality is that the Army does have a mix of side-arms available but none of these have been purchased in large scale or are being manufactured. The reason is that most officers usually prefer to get an SMG (AK variants) or a smaller weapon (MP-5 etc.) issued as needed. For senior officers, there are sufficient stock of imports available for use when they are in operational areas.

Glock, Sig and Berretta are the western ones that I have seen along with Turkish variants. The PK-9 side-arm is still manufactured by PoF but I do not think the Army was very interested so they made it available to the domestic market.

Back
Top Bottom