What's new

Pakistan millitarys service pistol

Sarsilmaz Defence 9 mm is the standard issue to max units. However, officers can choose their own.
They even carry their person handguns in their sarkari holsters ...If an officer has his own Glock ...they do flaunt it in front of their comrades and superiors ....

Previously, I had written a lot about how the POF is incapable or unwilling of not designing or producing their own sidearm. In a nutshell, they are making clones of Beretta and Sarsilmaz...both 9MM...I have seen both of them...they were crap...fired two mags one each as well ...also the 9mm rounds made by POF are so ulggggg.....The high ranks are issued Glocks...why should they be worried what crap their juniors are carrying ?

Pakistan does not issue pistol to its standard infantry........... however many pistols can be seen in hands of soldiers ..... but none are standard ...... the closest you would get is either a beretta 92 or glock
thats not true, Sarsilmaz B6 is the standard issue, also NP 22 (cheaper chinese version of sig 226) are in limited numbers aswell

You make a good point and you are also correct that there has to be a standard-issued side-arm for the Army. It cannot be an ad-hoc situation where anyone can buy/use anything. Maintenance, ammunition, storage all has to be accounted for all arms, including side-arms. Having said that, the reality is that the Army does have a mix of side-arms available but none of these have been purchased in large scale or are being manufactured. The reason is that most officers usually prefer to get an SMG (AK variants) or a smaller weapon (MP-5 etc.) issued as needed. For senior officers, there are sufficient stock of imports available for use when they are in operational areas.

Glock, Sig and Berretta are the western ones that I have seen along with Turkish variants. The PK-9 side-arm is still manufactured by PoF but I do not think the Army was very interested so they made it available to the domestic market.
That is 100% correct; from standardised ammo to parts etc. Not to mention local industry as well as export :).

The FN-Five Seven Expensive to own and expensive to shoot. But five seven round is amazing in piercing through armour..

These are for SSW I assume since they also use FN P-90 SMG. Both fires the same round (FN 5.7×28mm).

As far as I know, there is no standard for the military pistol in Pakistan. Every individual is free to select what he feels comfortable with.

what is pakistans millitaries service pistol cause ive read lots of conflicting info on this subject and wanted to confirm it.

@PanzerKiel
I owned one full-sized Turkish made when the came to the market circa 2007-08. one of its so-called luminous white dot from the rear sight popped out in the very first mag dump and the sights were not perfectly aligned from the factory.

Besides that, I liked the gun not too heavy and balanced perfectly in my big hands.

14.jpg

11.jpg

As far as I know, there is no standard for the military pistol in Pakistan. Every individual is free to select what he feels comfortable with.

@PanzerKiel
I owned one full-sized Turkish made when the came to the market circa 2007-08. one of its so-called luminous white dot from the rear sight popped out in the very first mag dump and the sights were not perfectly aligned from the factory.

Besides that, I liked the gun not too heavy and balanced perfectly in my big hands.

View attachment 655592

View attachment 655594
Makarov, is the ammo available easily for the Mak.

@PanzerKiel

View attachment 655592

View attachment 655594
very much like copy of CZ-75

I have a few family members in the forces including my father Pak Army actually. I saw him carry a beretta 9m but his favorite still is his trusty revolver. My father fought in the 1971 war.

I agree with other posters that the caliber and type of the pistol is somewhat standard.

Kv

Back
Top Bottom