What's new

Pakistan Military Multimedia

Previous color scheme
PMA

1618707649248.png

if u think that this part of pindi is the best then it clearly shows ur not pindi
Has become old and crowded now?? When I was living in Pindi Lalkurti was a decent area with old parts and the new/posh military community living there kinda mixed together.

Who here loves Rahat/Tehzeeb pizza and ice cream??

I went to school with a lot of big shots, sons of MNAs, army officers, csp officers. Interestingly son of Jamil sweets owner and son of bread and butter owner went to my school as well.

We used to mock him about prices of the sweets, especially in Ramadan. What a city Pindi. Lots of fond memories.

It was fun jumping between Lahore and Pindi all the time. Lots of friends made fun of me as I left Pindi for Lahore so much during the school terms. Teachers wondered why I just don't study in Lahore haha 😆.

Last edited:
Has become old and crowded now?? When I was living in Pindi Lalkurti was a decent area with old parts and the new/posh military community living there kinda mixed together.

Who here loves Rahat/Tehzeeb pizza and ice cream??

I went to school with a lot of big shots, sons of MNAs, army officers, csp officers. Interestingly son of Jamil sweets owner and son of bread and butter owner went to my school as well.

We used to mock him about prices of the sweets, especially in Ramadan. What a city Pindi. Lots of fond memories.

It was fun jumping between Lahore and Pindi all the time. Lots of friends made fun of me as I left Pindi for Lahore so much during the school terms. Teachers wondered why I just don't study in Lahore haha 😆.
Lalkurti is no longer the nicest part of Rwp yes, very crowded now. The main Road is just disastrous to travel on due to traffic, but the adjoining areas are decently developed. I still prefer the lalkurti I once lived in back in mid 2000s, or really Rawalpindi was just better in general then. It’s become too big and parts of it aren’t managed as well as others.
Tehzeeb is as good as ever.
I’m wondering about your school though, would you be comfortable telling which one :)

Lalkurti is no longer the nicest part of Rwp yes, very crowded now. The main Road is just disastrous to travel on due to traffic, but the adjoining areas are decently developed. I still prefer the lalkurti I once lived in back in mid 2000s, or really Rawalpindi was just better in general then. It’s become too big and parts of it aren’t managed as well as others.
I’m wondering about your school though, would you be comfortable telling which one :)
The usual suspects Roots, City, Beaconhouse, maybe even include Froebels. Mine was Beaconhouse. When you get to O/A levels. They know it is a crucial stage in life for you that is why the teachers stop actually teaching and make money from 4 hands in the evening coaching centers and academies.

These schools are a bit over hyped in my opinion especially for O/A levels. Rest up until 8th grade they provided a stellar education.
Also that is why I say Pakistani cities are becoming over crowded and over burdened. We need to make new innovative, enterprising cities. With focus on tech and industry and environmental friendliness. We have wide open spaces of Balochistan, Northern Area, ex FATA and interior Sindh(trapped in the clasp of tyrannical saeens).

The usual suspects Roots, City, Beaconhouse, maybe even include Froebels. Mine was Beaconhouse. When you get to O/A levels. They know it is a crucial stage in life for you that is why the teachers stop actually teaching and make money from 4 hands in the evening coaching centers and academies.

These schools are a bit over hyped in my opinion especially for O/A levels. Rest up until 8th grade they provided a stellar education.

Also that is why I say Pakistani cities are becoming over crowded and over burdened. We need to make new innovative, enterprising cities. With focus on tech and industry and environmental friendliness. We have wide open spaces of Balochistan, Northern Area, ex FATA and interior Sindh(trapped in the clasp of tyrannical saeens).
I was at FG Sir Syed College in Rwp, I tried beaconhouse but didn’t like it, those same schools still have a big name here. The academies are just an issue with Pakistan’s education system entirely. 8-12th grade is so stressful in Pakistan and yet such a major waste of time.

and yes, Pakistan needs new cities too, Rawalpindi is reaching the point where it’s starting to feel like Lahore.

Same here, which batch / year?
Wow, Small world, but the college has always been proud of all the officers it has made.
I’m only 18, just finishing F.SC this year. Would have been a great time in the college if COVID didn’t ruin it. I was there at the Alumni gathering in 2019, did you happen to come too?

Wow, Small world, but the college has always been proud of all the officers it has made.
I’m only 18, just finishing F.SC this year. Would have been a great time in the college if COVID didn’t ruin it. I was there at the Alumni gathering in 2019, did you happen to come too?
Nopes, i was couple of thousand kilometers away from college last year.....nice, so u just finished your intermediate....what are you planning to do now? Btw, i was there at college couple of decades back.

I was at FG Sir Syed College in Rwp, I tried beaconhouse but didn’t like it, those same schools still have a big name here. The academies are just an issue with Pakistan’s education system entirely. 8-12th grade is so stressful in Pakistan and yet such a major waste of time.

and yes, Pakistan needs new cities too, Rawalpindi is reaching the point where it’s starting to feel like Lahore.
When my family initially move there in year 2000 it seemed like a medium sized city everything used to be closed at 9/10 PM and the city would be dark and deserted. All my relatives who came to visit were always surprised how everything closed down so early. As the Lahoris are notorious for staying up late and being very lax with this sort of stuff.

That changed a lot in Pindi in mid 2000s and 2010s. Until I left in 2013 you could a lot of restaurants open late night than before.

Nopes, i was couple of thousand kilometers away from college last year.....nice, so u just finished your intermediate....what are you planning to do now? Btw, i was there at college couple of decades back.
Not sure what I’m going to do next just yet, maybe going to Uni, maybe to the Air Force, keeping my options open, but to be honest still a little confused.
I guess a few thousand kilometers can be an issue 😛
There were all sorts of people at the gathering, Gen Zubair Hayat and Abrar-ul Haq come to mind. maybe someone from your batch too, I was just there managing it as a student.
When my family initially move there in year 2000 it seemed like a medium sized city everything used to be closed at 9/10 PM and the city would be dark and deserted. All my relatives who came to visit were always surprised how everything closed down so early. As the Lahoris are notorious for staying up late and being very lax with this sort of stuff.

That changed a lot in Pindi in mid 2000s and 2010s. Until I left in 2013 you could a lot of restaurants open late night than before.
Saddar still has its own charm though, it’s not as chaotic as Lahore, but rush hour in the mornings on the main road definitely is. I’ve never lived in Lahore much, mostly lived in smaller cities, might be why Rawalpindi now feels so huge to me.

Not sure what I’m going to do next just yet, maybe going to Uni, maybe to the Air Force, keeping my options open, but to be honest still a little confused.
I guess a few thousand kilometers can be an issue 😛
There were all sorts of people at the gathering, Gen Zubair Hayat and Abrar-ul Haq come to mind. maybe someone from your batch too, I was just there managing it as a student.

Saddar still has its own charm though, it’s not as chaotic as Lahore, but rush hour in the mornings on the main road definitely is. I’ve never lived in Lahore much, mostly lived in smaller cities, might be why Rawalpindi now feels so huge to me.
Yea Lahore really is much bigger. But I have no doubt by now they're probably equal. With new housing colonies popping up by the high court and the Swan river.

But Lahore has faced a huge migration from surrounding gao/dehat/pinds and small cities due to various low-mid tier industrial jobs available and due to the Industrial belt between Lahore and Gujranwala(you have to try their bbq and roasted chirey).

pindi/isd were decent places up until 2003/04, the population was around 700,000, everyone knew everyone else. they were close-knit communities.
But then earth quick happened and people from Kashmir and Hazara came here as IDP and with time settled here permanently. thus began the total and utter destruction of pindi/isd.
then with the advent of terror and later with the commencement of opp to root out the terror in kpk and fata we had another round of IDP moving to pindi/isd,and 90% remained here till today even after 5-6 years of finishing off the ops. to give u an example in bhara kahu alone there are now residing around 30000 ppl of the turi tribe from karrum.
to top it all of with the construction of the motorway network and the ease of accessibility it seems to be the last nail in the coffin of the twin cities.

pindi/isd were decent places up until 2003/04, the population was around 700,000, everyone knew everyone else. they were close-knit communities.
But then earth quick happened and people from Kashmir and Hazara came here as IDP and with time settled here permanently. thus began the total and utter destruction of pindi/isd.
then with the advent of terror and later with the commencement of opp to root out the terror in kpk and fata we had another round of IDP moving to pindi/isd,and 90% remained here till today even after 5-6 years of finishing off the ops. to give u an example in bhara kahu alone there are now residing around 30000 ppl of the turi tribe from karrum.
to top it all of with the construction of the motorway network and the ease of accessibility it seems to be the last nail in the coffin of the twin cities.
With a bit of ingenuity this could easily be turned into a positive rather than being a negative. This gives the twin cities more human resource and diversity. It's upto the govt and the people themselves too how to plan to put all these people to good use and how to manage them. When life gives you lemons make lemonade.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom