What's new

Pakistan Military Multimedia

Good find mate.

I couldnt make out the make of the guns. can you assist?

The defence wasnt weak, its the offense that needs to be improved. The defence in mountain area is very easy. With one peak in hand, you can monitor enemy movement and send accurate fire in the whole valley.

Have you seen the first second of that Video ?

BtzBAsxCQAAk85K.jpg

Last edited:
The defence wasnt weak, its the offense that needs to be improved. The defence in mountain area is very easy. With one peak in hand, you can monitor enemy movement and send accurate fire in the whole valley.

I know about defense in mountain area. I was just saying that our defenses have improved massively as compared to what it was in 90's or 80's.

After Kargil, improving defences was a major requirement.

My friend, why the NLI and other regular formations were equipped with the G-3 during the Kargil war, it was well known that this rifles James very often at high altitude and it would not have fit in Musharraf's Idea to send Mujahid forces (which are normally equipped with Ak-47 versions and not a POF made G-3), is that indicator of ignorance or lack of planning ? Or just logistical shortcomings of AK-47 rifles?

My friend, why the NLI and other regular formations were equipped with the G-3 during the Kargil war, it was well known that this rifles James very often at high altitude and it would not have fit in Musharraf's Idea to send Mujahid forces (which are normally equipped with Ak-47 versions and not a POF made G-3), is that indicator of ignorance or lack of planning ? Or just logistical shortcomings of AK-47 rifles?
Can be two reaons:

1. AK-47 wasnt official weapon of PA, so involvement of PA could be shown as minimal.
2. Type-56 is a variant of AK-47 used by PA. maybe you saw Type-56 which resembles AK-47

Can be two reaons:

1. AK-47 wasnt official weapon of PA, so involvement of PA could be shown as minimal.
2. Type-56 is a variant of AK-47 used by PA. maybe you saw Type-56 which resembles AK-47
You have misunderstand my repost, my questions was: why NLI was send with G-3 in the Kargil war, please read again my post when you get time.

You have misunderstand my repost, my questions was: why NLI was send with G-3 in the Kargil war, please read again my post when you get time.
I should imagine they had both, AK of Chinese and maybe even Russian origin.Kudos sir

And why they had G-3 ?
Good accuracy I presume, though I can certainly see why one would prefer AK as their were plenty of stories back then of G3 jamming due to the intensely coarse environment.Kudos sir

sorry Sir.

The soldiers are trained on G-3. Giving them a new weapon at the start of a conflict is not a good idea. Its best to send them in with a weapon on which they have experience firing and maintaining. AK-47 has its own advantages, which is why Type-56 was introduced.

sorry Sir.

The soldiers are trained on G-3. Giving them a new weapon at the start of a conflict is not a good idea. Its best to send them in with a weapon on which they have experience firing and maintaining. AK-47 has its own advantages, which is why Type-56 was introduced.

That shows how badly and short this operation was planed !

Back
Top Bottom