Pakistan
Pakistan may boycott 2016 World Twenty20 in India: Zaheer Abbas
By Sports Desk
Published: October 20, 2015
51SHARES
SHARE TWEET
976005-shivsena-1445318173-250-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: SCREENGRAB.

International Cricket Council (ICC) president Zaheer Abbas warned on Tuesday that Pakistani players might boycott India’s tour for the World Twenty20 to be held next year, in the wake of recent anti-Pakistan incidents.

“Pakistan and India cricket authorities must work it out, otherwise I fear the Pakistan players could also refuse to tour India for the upcoming World T20 Cup, citing security concerns,” Abbas said, according to NDTV.

Shiv Sena storms BCCI HQ to protest Indo-Pak cricket meeting

The ICC president’s statement came a day after Shiv Sena workers stormed the Mumbai office of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) ahead of a meeting between Pakistan and India’s cricket boards officials. Further, the ICC on Monday withdrew Pakistan umpire Aleem Dar from officiating in the remaining matches of the on-going India versus South Africa series following threats from Shiv Sena.

“I don’t know what the environment will be when the World T20 is held in India but if this situation persists, obviously there will be extra pressure on our players,” the ICC president added.

ICC, India frustrate former players

Keeping all these factors in mind, Zaheer said Pakistani players might refuse to visit India for the T20 competition next year. “The important thing is that World T20 opener is between Pakistan and India. What will happen when these two countries play? The tension would be such that it would no longer be a cricket match,” he upheld.

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chief Shahryar Khan and the head of the PCB’s executive committee Najam Sethi had arrived in India on Sunday to hold talks with BCCI in a bid to finalise the India-Pakistan cricket series in December.

ICC withdraws Pakistani umpire Aleem Dar from India-South Africa series

However, the Hindu right-wing party activists crashed through the gates of BCCI’s office in Mumbai’s Wankhede Stadium chanting anti-Pakistan slogans and demanding Shahryar and Sethi’s immediate return.

Shiv Sena, which is a junior partner of the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Maharashtra state, has in recent weeks threatened and cancelled Pakistani singer Ghulam Ali’s concert. Last week, its members attacked the organiser of an event for former Pakistani foreign minister Khurshid Kasuri.

This article originally appeared on NDTV.

I fully support the stance where India doesn't has any diplomatic,social, sport or cultural relations with Pakistan. Unless Pakistan does not stops using terror against India, we should not have any contacts with them.

Some may say I am taking a hard stance, but it really hurts me to hear daily that some security personnel died fighting terrorist or in cross border fighting.

Plus we have learnt to develop ourselves without trading with pakistan, they don't have anything to offer us nor do we need anything from them.

Doesnt matter. Pakistani cricket team has not been in semifinal of any world cup for many years.
o_O
There have been 5 T20 world cups so far, Pakistan for your information have played in semi-final of four of them!!
If there is so much hatred to make you lose common sense why even bother coming and posting on a Pakistani forum? I guess you don't have any half decent forums of your own?

As for the topic, i hope that the extremist terrorists of Shiv Sena are held accountable as they have been a disgrace to the great game of cricket, not just this incident but a of others as well. Take the last SA vs India match for instance or even the previous ones. The people must realize that this is just a sport, only one team can win!! what is they use of digging up pitches or trowing in bottles! I hope that this is all addressed and the tournament goes on smoothly.

o_O
There have been 5 T20 world cups so far, Pakistan for your information have played in semi-final of four of them!!
If there is so much hatred to make you lose common sense why even bother coming and posting on a Pakistani forum? I guess you don't have any half decent forums of your own?

As for the topic, i hope that the extremist terrorists of Shiv Sena are held accountable as they have been a disgrace to the great game of cricket, not just this incident but a of others as well. Take the last SA vs India match for instance or even the previous ones. The people must realize that this is just a sport, only one team can win!! what is they use of digging up pitches or trowing in bottles! I hope that this is all addressed and the tournament goes on smoothly.
Nobody cares if Pakistan plays or not. If Pakistan decides not to participate some other team will participate. 80% of cricket revenues come from India.

Doesnt matter. Pakistani cricket team has not been in semifinal of any world cup for many years.

Before doing Brain Fart please learn the history.... Or you Talking about India instead of Pakistan??

Total 5 T20 World Cups

In 2007 Pakistan Ended up As Runner Ups
in 2009 Pakistan Won T20 Cup
In 2010 Pakistan played Semi Finals With Australia while India knocked out in Group 8 Stage
in 2012 Pakistan Played Semifinal with SriLanka while India Knocked out in Group 8 Stage
in 2014 Pakistan was knocked out from Group 8 stage while India Played Semifinal with South Africa and Lost Final from SriLanka

And Yeah after Reading all this Go check the Rating of T20 Pakistan ranks No.2 And India ranks 6

Pakistan may boycott 2016 World Twenty20 in India: Zaheer Abbas
By Sports Desk
Published: October 20, 2015
51SHARES
SHARE TWEET
976005-shivsena-1445318173-250-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: SCREENGRAB.

International Cricket Council (ICC) president Zaheer Abbas warned on Tuesday that Pakistani players might boycott India’s tour for the World Twenty20 to be held next year, in the wake of recent anti-Pakistan incidents.

“Pakistan and India cricket authorities must work it out, otherwise I fear the Pakistan players could also refuse to tour India for the upcoming World T20 Cup, citing security concerns,” Abbas said, according to NDTV.

Shiv Sena storms BCCI HQ to protest Indo-Pak cricket meeting

The ICC president’s statement came a day after Shiv Sena workers stormed the Mumbai office of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) ahead of a meeting between Pakistan and India’s cricket boards officials. Further, the ICC on Monday withdrew Pakistan umpire Aleem Dar from officiating in the remaining matches of the on-going India versus South Africa series following threats from Shiv Sena.

“I don’t know what the environment will be when the World T20 is held in India but if this situation persists, obviously there will be extra pressure on our players,” the ICC president added.

ICC, India frustrate former players

Keeping all these factors in mind, Zaheer said Pakistani players might refuse to visit India for the T20 competition next year. “The important thing is that World T20 opener is between Pakistan and India. What will happen when these two countries play? The tension would be such that it would no longer be a cricket match,” he upheld.

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chief Shahryar Khan and the head of the PCB’s executive committee Najam Sethi had arrived in India on Sunday to hold talks with BCCI in a bid to finalise the India-Pakistan cricket series in December.

ICC withdraws Pakistani umpire Aleem Dar from India-South Africa series

However, the Hindu right-wing party activists crashed through the gates of BCCI’s office in Mumbai’s Wankhede Stadium chanting anti-Pakistan slogans and demanding Shahryar and Sethi’s immediate return.

Shiv Sena, which is a junior partner of the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Maharashtra state, has in recent weeks threatened and cancelled Pakistani singer Ghulam Ali’s concert. Last week, its members attacked the organiser of an event for former Pakistani foreign minister Khurshid Kasuri.

This article originally appeared on NDTV.
i have a feeling that shiv sena might threaten Bangladesh team too

W
I fully support the stance where India doesn't has any diplomatic,social, sport or cultural relations with Pakistan. Unless Pakistan does not stops using terror against India, we should not have any contacts with them.

Some may say I am taking a hard stance, but it really hurts me to hear daily that some security personnel died fighting terrorist or in cross border fighting.

Plus we have learnt to develop ourselves without trading with pakistan, they don't have anything to offer us nor do we need anything from them.
Well smart aleck if you don't want any relations with Pakistan or Pakistanis then why in Sam hill are you posting on a Pakistani forum wiseguy? Get out of here as well!

Nobody cares if Pakistan plays or not. If Pakistan decides not to participate some other team will participate. 80% of cricket revenues come from India.
And that is all there is to Sports? Its mentality like this that has disgraced the world of sports and made cricket a laughing stock comparable to Soccer and the other bigger sports!

Gone are the days when it used to be 'Gentlemen's game'

Enough is Enough. If India doesn't want to play with us, we are also not dying. I think PCB should maintain the grace, because it is a representative of the whole Pakistani Nation. I

Back
Top Bottom