What's new

Pakistan Keen To Purchase F-16 Fleet From Norway: Mukhtar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Air forces Monthly Article suggested this month THAT PAF will not buy the FC20 X 36 PLANES IN 2015.

just a rumour.

AFTER years of PDF members swearing no more F16/ USA hardware it seems the F16 MAY WELL BE needed again.

I CAN SEE PAF aqcuiring a least 40 more f16 mostly 2nd hand from NATO ARRIVING BETWEEN 2012-2016.

F16 will become the mirage of the current PAF fleet and serve until 2025 at least.

Air forces Monthly Article suggested this month THAT PAF will not buy the FC20 X 36 PLANES IN 2015.

just a rumour.

AFTER years of PDF members swearing no more F16/ USA hardware it seems the F16 MAY WELL BE needed again.

I CAN SEE PAF aqcuiring a least 40 more f16 mostly 2nd hand from NATO ARRIVING BETWEEN 2012-2016.

F16 will become the mirage of the current PAF fleet and serve until 2025 at least.

Chief of air staff n officiers say somethin else........while a contract was signed in 2006.... with cabinet passing the purchase.:tdown:

Highly unlikely @storm..

Pakistan relations with US are strained again...I am wary if we'll ask for anything new at this moment apart from what is in US for upgrades and already purchased and to be delivered nothing new is coming atleast not in this year or next.

Chief of air staff n officiers say somethin else........while a contract was signed in 2006.... with cabinet passing the purchase.:tdown:

no contract was signed - cabinet gave 'go ahead' to sign MoU and allocation of funds in the defence procurement plan. PAF will get the FC-20 when the chinese have a 'proven' engine for it plus the many modifications required in the standard J-10. the russians will not approve the supply of FC-20 with a russian powerplant. this is the current position. the future may hold a different story.

God bless the child who has his own.

J10B are already paid for , and the order is now being worked on , as we are in 2011 , so right now the planes are probably being assembled

Now the F16 Norway is just , for parts, I mean think about , we have what 60-70 F16 planes , so having odd 40-50 more planes will ensure that we are able to keep our fleet going in case if there are some parts shortage in future.

With the F16 plants closing the parts will become hard to find so having , planes that can be cannibalized for important parts would be vital for successful operation of F16 fleet that Pakistan currently operates

So if we get 90 planes in total I am sure it will be really 70 planes (Operational) and 20 planes in reserve , for parts etc

So its a logical move , some what as the planes are cheap , and also it helps us keep our fleeting running for another 10 years

J10B just has superior , technology , and weapons compared to F16 , which is 80's best plane , but we are in 2011 , so obviously , J10B is a superior plane !!! with upgraded avionics :tup:

Well I am looking ahead, when US will ban part supplies to Pakistan once Pakistan is on the hit list in about 9-10 years from now approximation, its almost certain ...

I mean look at Egypt did anyone expected US to back stab , Mubarak ? best buddies - hand shake

Remember Obama's speech in Egypt ... he said Assalam O Alaikum to room full of students in Cairo university? That was just 12 months -or 18 months back ...

Realistically after Iraq, Iran , Most of arabs in Africa , its Pakistan's turn ... focus will be on Pakistan in our life times

Infact civilians are dieing in Pakistani land by drone attacks so in some ways you can argue its already begun

Recent ISI and FBI stuff ... and anger its part of the process

a) First stage (Infiltration) by agents in Pakistani community
b) Second stage Locating locals who will sell out
c) Stage three weakening institutes with bombings and sabotage hurting economy
d) Third stage , get gov/army to kill bombers and terrorist , and latter use that to frame them as appearing
target killing of ethnic group.
e) Spread lies in media - that gov/army supports attacks on rebels (As happening in Libya)

We have about 10 years to get our act together -this 10 year is borrowed time form Dr Qadeer and other nuclear scientist

We have already gone thru all stages except the last stage - deceleration of intent

They got enough viral videos with fake , remember when Pakistani army went in after terrorist in SWAT few videos showed up ? yep videos like that - to discredit army and gov -

i think PAF should act sensibly here time for F 16 have gone we have to go with twin engine fighter jet not let just keep our entire airforce on just one jet we need to have different types of jets at this point i think best choice will be Mig 35 amazing technology friends and this jet can serve pakistan airforce well and it is not more than F 16 and if it is well it offers better technology and system twice than f 16 can detect stealth jets too

paf will buy fc20 we'll see in 2013-14 what was actual planned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom