What's new

Pakistan Keen To Purchase F-16 Fleet From Norway: Mukhtar

Status
Not open for further replies.
If PAF wants to buy used F-16, then it should be bought before 2013.
Otherwise after 2015 it wouldnt be wise to buy 4th generation AC and we would also have number of JF's and could be few J-10s to cover up the used F-16 requirement.

So my best advice for PAF to buy it within 1 or 2 years. (before 2013) from any where in the world

The biggest problem with F16s for PAF is the threat of American embargos during a war situation.

This is why MMRCA in India will be won by Gripen NG OR Typhoon.

At this Stage PAF realistoc options are only Used F16s block a/b/c/d.

At or under $30m each. BETWEEN now and 2016

in 2015+ AGAIN AT $30M-$40 ThE fc20 makes logically and economical sense.

$30 million for 30 year old aircraft!! :blink:
Later another $15 for MLU and than integration costs.

While new F-16 blk52 without technology transfer cost around $50 million.

You your self want to pay $10 billion for 126 4.5-generation a/c with a package of weapons, integration, production line and TT.
If i do a break down of your offer per a/c;
$30 million for the AESA equipped 4.5 generation a/c it self.
$20 million for weapons and spares.
$30 million for TT
$30 million for production line
$5 million for per engineer/technician training.
$5 million for 1 pilot training

Multiply above costs 126 times.
Did you realize how, gross disproportional guess you made.

In really situation, All Norwegian F-16 were slotted to retire in 2014.
Than, I wonder if some will be willing to pay them half of what you have proposed.

Don't forget, Pakistan's hands are full with new programs, specially the star JFT. :wave:

Batman Forgive my Ignorance Please

Done some research on the Norweagian Air Force They have 57 F16 block AM which is a upgraded block15

Norway are NOT EXPECTED to receive its first F35 planes until 2016..

SURELY MAKES SENSE to stick to Thunder and move to FC20 in 2015.

pakistan should now join hands of china and turkey and produce best 5th gen fighter jet

We should atleast think about 5th gen.

Best option is a JV with china or Turkey.

or turkey,china and pak for single engine stealth medium weight aircraft like JSF

If PAF wants to buy used F-16, then it should be bought before 2013.
Otherwise after 2015 it wouldnt be wise to buy 4th generation AC and we would also have number of JF's and could be few J-10s to cover up the used F-16 requirement.

So my best advice for PAF to buy it within 1 or 2 years. (before 2013) from any where in the world

Sorry frnd, Norway is in no mood to sell it befoore 2016, In year 2016 (may be Decembre) It will sell its first 10 F16.... This deal is not viable, pkaistan shud look at some other country who are willing to dispose there F16 little earlier....

Sorry frnd, Norway is in no mood to sell it befoore 2016, In year 2016 (may be Decembre) It will sell its first 10 F16.... This deal is not viable, pkaistan shud look at some other country who are willing to dispose there F16 little earlier....

are you is norweign president i dont think so anyway india will do whatever it can to stop norway selling F 16 to pakistan

Super falcon the reason people said 2016 IS TO coincide with the FIRST JSF arriving in Norway.

They only have 50 planes.

If PAF wat F16s between now and 2013. Look at USA they have 400 mothballed F16s BLOCK A/B in the desert TUSCON ARIZONA...

paf could get these free

Hmmmmm....maybe PAF could gobble up second-hand F-16s from other countries like they did with Mirages in the 90s.

agred from now on f 16 has no future

Only used F-16 have future and that too only if they are offered at $5million a piece from 90's stock... :lol:

As per insider Indians... new JFT will cost $15 million.
Than who is the stupid willing to pay even $10 million for a junk while much superior technology is available (as quoted) $15 million.

We all know F-16 from 90's even new cannot match JFT specs. and performance.

Last edited:
Add to that the USA will have to give permission to sell and investment to upgrade them to block52... In the end it is cheaper to go for FC20. More opportunities to upgrade further without restrictions and far less cost and risks.

^^ You are right, there is no sense even to go for $15 million MLU.

Pakistan had urgent needs and JFT production was not enough, while F-16 of PAF also needed urgent service.

In PAF what went to favor of used F-16 was the available experience, some sentiments due to embargoed birds and those 12 used F-16 were pay back for the resources and expenses incurred by Pakistan in terminating al-qaeeda.

Norway To Purchase Four F-35s

HELSINKI - Norway will proceed with the purchase of four F-35 Joint Strike Fighter combat aircraft, with delivery slated in 2016.

The Ministry of Defense (MoD) has calculated the acquisition value, which includes logistical support and operations costs in the aircraft's initial years, at $744 million.

The initial batch of four F-35s will be used for instructor and operational pilot training by the Norwegian Air Force. Most of the training will take place in the United States. Norway plans to acquire between 48 and 56 F-35s under an agreement reached with Lockheed Martin in November 2008. The bulk of the order will be delivered from 2018 to 2022.
Norway To Purchase Four F-35s - Defense News

i think these f16 will be available after a long time....so might not be feasable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom