What's new

Pakistan is expected to order its JF-17 Block-III in 2017.

We have total of 83 JFT produced till date. 17 more to deliver this year appx. And then the final assembly of bulk 3 will start next year. That means that the contract for 50 more bulk 3 should be signed very soon if not already done. Blk 4 will be a 2 seater. My estimation is that paf will buy appx 40 of them

My estimate is that JFT program will end by 2021/ 2022 with appx 200 JFT for PAF.
MashaAllah. Great news. May Allah (SwT) make this project a huge success. The experience, knowhow, and technologies gained/developed from this project will go a long way in our national defense.

This year we will be busy with JF-17B and block-II completion along with signing order of 50 Block-III. However, it was reported by Jane I think on subject of Myanmar recently that JF-17 Block-III is under development in Kamra since one & half year so seems to be the flight testing may start end of year or next.

While testing Block-III and rectifying, Block-II will be completed by next year and also, we have two production lines Pakistan-China so w.r.t. workload share/export orders, we wouldn't be facing such issues of delays at all. While Block-II completed and we will be testing Block-III, I think beside production of Myanmar 16+Nigerian 3 orders (Total 19), we may start upgrading JFT Block-I as well.

For Block-III, we are looking at 2019-20 and we still have two years to complete remaining PAF 14 Block-II and 19 from orders that total 33 to be produced in two years in Pakistan & China. IMO, block-I up-gradation can be done once export order+PAF need completed.

2017 is going to be interesting year that we may hear about JF-17 Block-III specs especially w.r.t. AESA (KLJ-7A China or Leonardo Italy) as well as engine that most probably is going to be RD-93MA as PAF is satisfied with current performance of RD-93 variant that even heard about establishing an overhaul facility at PAC and Russia has upper hand in this tech that engine is matured and tested however, we cannot ignore Chinese advancement that reportedly, recent FC-31 V2.0 flew with WS-13E variant engines and we have still one year or so to see the same tested/matured.

every aspect has been discussed in other threads about JF-17 BLOCK III, nothing new except ministry approval news.

I thought Pakistan was supposed to get some J-10bs from China. Whatever happened to those?
Did they get cancelled?
Pakistan got them, the paf chief is hiding them under his bed..

Actually you mean "Welcome back"

Very funny indeed. sarcastic joke aside. No we didn't get them.
Just messing with you, no offence buddy, ofcourse we didnt get them, pwe planned to for a while but than financial constraints coupled with the advent of 5th gen tech made us rethink our policy, jf 17 block 3 will be produced, after that maybe a block 4 with structural changes for more hard points, more.powerful engine to carry more load etc, and for a twin engine we will go for j31, j20(maybe, if china allows export) , tfx is another option bieng evaluated but its too far on the horizon with production not before 2030, j 31 however is as good a confirmed..

Just messing with you, no offence buddy, ofcourse we didnt get them, pwe planned to for a while but than financial constraints coupled with the advent of 5th gen tech made us rethink our policy, jf 17 block 3 will be produced, after that maybe a block 4 with structural changes for more hard points, more.powerful engine to carry more load etc, and for a twin engine we will go for j31, j20(maybe, if china allows export) , tfx is another option bieng evaluated but its too far on the horizon with production not before 2030, j 31 however is as good a confirmed..
Excellent point. Lets go get those J-31s. J-20 I heard is not for export.

Excellent point. Lets go get those J-31s. J-20 I heard is not for export.
China might get soft for dear pakistan n let us have j 20, lol, just kidding but no harm in hope:bounce:

These fools are mixing JF-17 B or in other words dual seater with BLOCK III

Does jf17 block 3 has DRFM and aesa jammer in its ew suite I am humbly submitting this question for a serious answer thanks

Does jf17 block 3 has DRFM and aesa jammer in its ew suite I am humbly submitting this question for a serious answer thanks

Back
Top Bottom