What's new

Pakistan is expected to order its JF-17 Block-III in 2017.

Jay Eff Seven Thunder Tiyaaray :hitwall::hitwall:

Proper Urdi would be
"Geem Fay Santra Garaj" Tayyary :rofl:

As per Urdu Point news,

Block-IIIs are going to carry AESA and Helmet Mounted Displays. The report is also suggesting changes in the air-frame, improved avionics, air-to-air refuelling, Improved data link and electronic warfare and increased payload.

We can laugh at them for using wrong image and "Geem Fay Satra Tayyaray" but what the report says has been said and anticipated by informed members. Infect lack of knowledge on part of Urdu Point yet mentioning of these features suggests that they are putting report after learning from somewhere - as they on their own do not have capacity to differentiate between JF-17 and Mirage 2000s. So there is a good chance that what they are saying is infect "learned news" and not an act of "haram kari".

I thought Pakistan was supposed to get some J-10bs from China. Whatever happened to those?
Did they get cancelled?

yes..no agreement for J10 B.
PAF is interested in J31 or J20, let which one would come.

The cargo ship bringing those Jet's Drowned in the Sea. didn't you hear that in news ? :)

and welcome to PDF

I know you are just being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

So they got cancelled afterall...thats too bad.

I want to post a thread, but for some reason I can't. I used to be a member of this site back in the late 2000's. But I had university studies to tend to. this is my new account. I used to be known as PakShah or Durrani. Probably the Admins/mods deleted after all the inactivity.

Hi im looking for a £10,000 Practice account
& some adjustable portable sofa's

Anyone know where I can obtain those things?

Urdu point is a prime example of third class low level gernalism, the guy who runs this website have no experience at all when it comes to running a news website. Heading is always different from the actual news, infact most of the time totally false.

Bro we are using Italian system more then 30 years now and it is also sanction free, even when US refuse to sell us F16, Italian help us in ROSE project. Even for point 1 I think Italians are far ahead because we are using their system for quite long

You are right about Italian support. It's a close call, but in the end we have brotherly relations with China.

Regarding 1, I meant integration with the Chinese weapons already bring used on JF-17. It is logical to assume PAF won't throw away inventory and training on existing Chinese systems.

And of course, we don't have an unlimited budget. That goes without saying.

Can't say, we'll have to wait and see, but Alan Warnes did say (in the Rolling Thunder article) this:

Meanwhile a contract for 50 JF-17 Block-3s is expected to be signed in the first half of this year, which will ensure production does not halt when all the JF-17 Block-2 aircraft are completed. The most advanced version of the Thunder will include new avionics, better electronic warfare systems, increased payload and more sophisticated weapons.

http://asianmilitaryreview.com/2017/02/rolling-thunder-jf-17/
Under the overall heading of 'avionics', generally speaking, in 'Block' upgrades, there are three subcategories of avionics to consider...

1- Improvements in friendly situational awareness (radar and comm)

2- Degradation of enemy situational awareness (ECM)

3- Reduction of pilot workload (tasks management)

Not all 'Block' upgrades will contain all three items.

Example...

The 'track while scan' radar would be items one and three.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Track_while_scan

In the early days of airborne radar, the pilot would have to manually switch between scan (volume) and track (focused) modes. Between modes, he would lose some of his situational awareness in terms of where are his teammates and enemy aircraft positions. The TWS radar, in conjunction with appropriate cockpit upgrades, would improve friendly situation awareness and reduce cockpit actions.

Whatever this JF-17 upgrades contains, I will leave it up to the Pakistani Air Force enthusiasts to investigate further.

Back
Top Bottom