What's new

Pakistan, Iran become 'natural allies'

Iranian lands? u mean Baluch land! Baluchistan belongs to the Baluch people not iranians!

Infact we should get all of our baluchistan frm both iran and afghanistan!

How you can get Our Baluchistan from Iran and Afghanistan?

Iran and dreams of the persian empire.
The sooner they can get over this infatuation, the better for them and every one else.

On Topic:
Any one who is friends with Enemy of Pakistan a.k.a India, can not be friends with Pakistan.

yeah, Only USA and its allies are the best friend of Pakistan.

'dream' of the Persian empire? We don't need to dream about it buddy. We've been there and done that... many times. The question is why are you so hung up on this issue?

So what are we supposed to do now? Repudiate and disown our history and identity to make you Arabs and Arab wannabes feel more secure about yourselves? Or always walk on egg shells lest we offend your fragile egos? Suck it up and grow up buddy...

I do not think the new generations of Pakistanis know anything about literature, history and values. thanks to general zia, all they know is about sects, ethnicity and wars and do not have friendly approach particularly towards Iran.

the first line itself summed up everything :

The participation by Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari in the two-day conference on terrorism held at Tehran on June 25 was invested with political symbolism as a mark of displeasure towards the United States

'dream' of the Persian empire? We don't need to dream about it buddy. We've been there and done that... many times. The question is why are you so hung up on this issue?

So what are we supposed to do now? Repudiate and disown our history and identity to make you Arabs and Arab wannabes feel more secure about yourselves? Or always walk on egg shells lest we offend your fragile egos? Suck it up and grow up buddy...

it is nonsense of him to say this, when Persia itself has become Iran, how can they dream of Persian empire.... and why on earth would they dig up such a nonissue, just to be enemy with neighbours?? had it been shah of Iran Raza Pehalvi it might have been true...

but its rubbish ofcourse of him to say such a thing...

@Bozorgmehr,
This guy @Salman is wrong on most things; he has a sectarian mind and finds socially repressive hell-holes like Saudi Arabia charming.
Iran and Pakistan share much in their history. In fact, your avatar "Bozorgmehr" is a noble figure in one of the Urdu fiction epic series (I think 'Dastaan e Amir Hamza') that Pakistanis have grown up reading.
Perhaps, next to India, Pakistanis share most with Iran, all things considered.

Hey this is great news. Maybe if we start respecting our neighbours and start good relations with a Shia country, it will decrease the influence of Wahabi Islam and Saudi Arabia and we will start tolerating our fellow Pakistanis for whatever their beliefs. Personally I believe that the Saudis are the instigators by proxy for many non-Sunni Muslims deaths all over the world, including my own Ahmadi Muslim brothers & sisters in Pakistan.

Iran and dreams of the persian empire.
The sooner they can get over this infatuation, the better for them and every one else.

On Topic:
Any one who is friends with Enemy of Pakistan a.k.a India, can not be friends with Pakistan.

I will not bother with the first part since even our fellow Pakistani posters have thrashed you for it.

Your second part just reflects your immaturity and narrow-mindedness. Grow up mate, and read up on modern international politics. :tup:

most of western pakistanis are iranic people, baloch and pushtoons, i think time has come to ditch the sunni shia divide and concentrate on working to improve relations, economy and work for turanic union (turco iranic).

pakistan is a blessed land that needs to have a zero problem policy with all its western neighbours, who gives a damn about saudia we need to work for our own intrests.

i can tolerate an ahmadi as an equal pakistani but to accept him as a muslim is against the foundation of any true muslim be it sunni or shia.

Actually any speck of common sense dictates that Pakistan and India are natural friends. This fight is senseless. For heavens sake we are virtually the same people, have been for thousands of years. There are no two nations so alike as these two. The pickle in the middle is Kashmir. Neither of the two will back down from their respective claims on the issue.

ps: We would also be greatful if you felt the same for your western neighbors... :cheers:

I think the partnership would be more of a geo-stratigic and geo-political nature. Pakistan is not energy deprived by any means. We have all the oil we need (Saudia deals with us under the table, with subsidies), we have enormous natural gas reserves and oil and gas is already being imported from Iran (You might remember the Iran-Pak gas line). And im not counting the untapped reserves of oil and gas inside Pakistan. The civilian nuclear tech is already being worked on with collaboration of the Chinese.

ps: The electrical power shortage is due to other f**k ups. Interesting fact: our power generation plants arent even working at normal capacity due to these f**k ups. Many arent operating at all.

Actually id call this a pretty good judgment call back then. Firstly half the Baluchistan, so to speak, i.e. Baluchi population is in fact a part of Iran (like half of punjab belongs to India and half to us). The entire ethnic and cultural Baluchistan is not and has not ever been a part of Pakistan. We share it with Iran. Secondly these lands "gifted" to China and Iran were and still are geographically more a part of these respective countries than Pakistan and they hold little to no significant importance for us. The Goras indulged in many an atrocity when they were here. These lands did rightfully belong to them, we didnt just give them away because we were in a benevolent mood. Thirdly look at what we gained by settling these disputes. Look at what China is today for us. Not only did we gain peaceful borders but we gained an amazing friend. Iran too before the revolution was undoubtedly quit a close friend of ours, they were indeed the first ones to recognize us.

no we are not same people, to say that is disrespecting balochs and pushtoons, we are not and never were or never will be same people as indians. we are pakistanis.

most of western pakistanis are iranic people, baloch and pushtoons, i think time has come to ditch the sunni shia divide and concentrate on working to improve relations, economy and work for turanic union (turco iranic).

You are right about 'western Pakistanis' having stronger ties with Pakistan's western neighbors. That's natural. But the bulk of Pakistan's population lies in its eastern provinces of Sindh and Punjab; and those regions do have very strong cultural ties India.

It does not require much effort for a Pakistani to easily disappear into large areas of India and mingle with the local folks; heck, even the 'galis' (the swear words) are shared. Why is that ease? That's not to say that Pakistanis ARE different from India but that is to acknowledge a reality.

To sum it up: Pakistan is a natural ally of both India and Iran. I have no doubts in my mind about it.

"Punj" from the Farsi for "Five" - "Aab" from the Farsi for "Water"

Punjab - 5 waters(rivers) -

You are right about 'western Pakistanis' having stronger ties with Pakistan's western neighbors. That's natural. But the bulk of Pakistan's population lies in its eastern provinces of Sindh and Punjab; and those regions do have very strong cultural ties India.

It does not require much effort for a Pakistani to easily disappear into large areas of India and mingle with the local folks; heck, even the 'galis' (the swear words) are shared. Why is that ease? That's not to say that Pakistanis ARE different from India but that is to acknowledge a reality.

To sum it up: Pakistan is a natural ally of both India and Iran. I have no doubts in my mind about it.

we may be a minority in population but not in land size, just because punjabis and sindhis share cultural ties with indian and are large in popuation does not mean that they try to enforce their culture on us or make decisions for us.

i can say with confidence that no baloch or a pushtoon is an ally of an indian, even history proves that, we never had and never will have any love for india.

afghanistan has good relations with india because they like to milk the cow, but no love, khyber rifles were created by british given lee enfied rifles and top wages but when the war with afghanistan started the khyber rifles turned their rifles on the british.

the day pak goes in to alliance with india is the day western pak will be gone like bangladesh.

to say that united pak india is unstopable is untrue, when they were united they still got conquered by neighbours from west, so much for unstopable.

we are pakistanis now and even punjabis and sindhis have mixed with their western neighbours and are not of pure indian stock, so lets forget all and say we are not the same we are pakistanis.

ay zama watana pakistan da laloono khazanay zama.

pakistan zindabad.

Back
Top Bottom