What's new

Pakistan involved in the J-10B research and development.

I dont mean standard J-10.
Is there any difference b/w J-10B and FC-20

Yes.. the J-10B is a Chinese only aircraft.. the FC-20 will be based on the J-10B.
There were rumors after the may 2 incident that the PAF wanted to rush the introduction of the J-10 by opting for a quick J-10A induction under the guise of a FC-20A.. however these were only from one source and never corroborated.

F-16:
img_57_22006_1

Gripen:
jas6.jpg

I don't see any resemblance :confused:

God, the F-16 Desert Falcon looks so badass.

oh baby, the F-16.......:smitten::smitten::smitten:

I did not get your point. Please quote the right post and then explain. Thanks

The YF-17 was an early prototype of the F-18. So? Both of them were American.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

I think that info is classified :lol:

Dont have energy to type. Ill say in 2 lines if u can understand .
I mean to say that even you can find more than 60% difference from the first prototype of Yf-17 which is light weight fighter and F-18SH which is MRCA .
So as you find difference b/w F-16 and Gripen and you are saying they have no relation indeed.

I mean to say that even you can find more than 60% difference from the first prototype of Yf-17 which is light weight fighter and F-18SH which is MRCA .
So as you find difference b/w F-16 and Gripen and you are saying they have no relation indeed.

What? :crazy:

The F-18 Super Hornet is a much more advanced and larger variant of the original F-18 Hornet. The Hornet in turn was derived from the YF-17 prototype.

The F-16 and Gripen are of completely different designs. Even though the Gripen has many American components. The Swedes have a long history in military aviation, even though it's small compared to the bigger Western players.

Really ?u produced Jf-17 from scratch?
Can you explain me how?

Only Pakistan did not produce the JF-17 from scratch. China AND Pakistan produced it. If you are repeatedly failing to comprehend this statement, then god bless you.

Seriously Raj? Wasnt expecting this from you. Come on man you are better then this.

I honestly did not mean to troll...if you felt like then please accept my apology....I have not read what is being discussed in the previous pages but Santro was talking about avionics better than Chinese one's...i got curious and put in the question...I am little lost as to what was wrong in my question...please help...

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

No these are not speculations rather based on some interviews and claims by inside sources( few old ones, were posted somewhere on this forum) , i will advice you to go through the threads related to FC-20 you may find them or else try to google it

Thanks for the info....i will try to read more about it...

Nope.. Chinese ones. Western ejection seats perhaps.. But the avionics are going to be all Chinese and some Pakistani modifications to existing designs.

Ohh i see...sorry for the confusion...I am certainly not updated on this topic..will better shut up and read...

Regards....

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

What development work is PAKISTAN involved in on J10b

Thats a huge statement

Avionics
compsites
weapons
engines
radar

plz shed some light PROOFS would be nice

Well you can ask for proofs but ground reality is that i does not matter....whatever inputs they are giving they are definitely getting some good exposure in aviation field.....

I think brother it will be better if you go through this link
Novi Avion

you will find more similarity between Novi Avion and Grippen as compare to grippen and F 16.....

I honestly did not mean to troll...if you felt like then please accept my apology....I have not read what is being discussed in the previous pages but Santro was talking about avionics better than Chinese one's...i got curious and put in the question...I am little lost as to what was wrong in my question...please help...

Then i may have misunderstood your intentions as well, mixing you with the rest. Apologizes for that. I hope you do realize that when it comes to Chinese equipments, Western avionics will be a no go. First no western company would be willing to install their avionics in a Chinese built plane unless we start local production and secondly Chinese wouldnt be thrilled either about Western companies sneak peaking into their main fighter jet. Third most importantly the Chinese themselves imo have made sufficient break through in avionics industry. Pakistan wouldnt need to look elsewhere.
I hope i have answered some of your queries though i am not aviation expert, hope this helps.

Then i may have misunderstood your intentions as well, mixing you with the rest. Apologizes for that. I hope you do realize that when it comes to Chinese equipments, Western avionics will be a no go. First no western company would be willing to install their avionics in a Chinese built plane unless we start local production and secondly Chinese wouldnt be thrilled either about Western companies sneak peaking into their main fighter jet. Third most importantly the Chinese themselves imo have made sufficient break through in avionics industry. Pakistan wouldnt need to look elsewhere.
I hope i have answered some of your queries though i am not aviation expert, hope this helps.

Thanks for the detail...But aren't you(atleast you were) looking for western avionics for JF17?? Since this FC20A is specific to PAF then i am not sure why western avionics is a no go area....and yes as far as Chinese avionics are concerned then they are equivalent or not we don't know....PAF would have the luxury of looking at them closely and evaluating them....i am sure right decision would be taken...

Thanks for the detail...But aren't you(atleast you were) looking for western avionics for JF17?? Since this FC20A is specific to PAF then i am not sure why western avionics is a no go area....and yes as far as Chinese avionics are concerned then they are equivalent or not we don't know....PAF would have the luxury of looking at them closely and evaluating them....i am sure right decision would be taken...

Raj the Chinese have made massive progress, and have caught up with the Europeans and Americans in terms of Aviation.

I am not sure but I am guessing here, our contribution to J-10 program can and should revolve around the modification of the flight envelope to handle/incorporate latest Western ACM techniques-- after all we regularly train with the best of the best in west!

Another area that we are most probable contributing is the man machine interface in the cockpit and performance of the radar, fly-by-wire, and HUD. Mission computer modes and performance would be another area that PAF pilots and techs can contribute.

An area where PAF can positively contribute is the experience in maintenance regimes being practiced and incorporated in western A/c. This is an often neglected area in Chinese a/c and it has been reported that J-10A (atleast) faces some maintenance issues.

These might sound like peripheral areas but the heart of a fighter design philosophy is the Flight and mission envelope -- getting it right against western fighters is an area where the Chinese lack knowledge. Studying the specs is one thing but actually flying the damn thing is altogether an another. PAF pilots have been exposed to western a/c in not only PAF, RSAF, UAE Air Forces just to name a few.

I for one think that these are some of the possible areas that PAF is contributing positively to the Chinese project.

True however keep that in mind that JF-17 is manufacture in Pakistan and hence any integration of western avionics would have been done in Pakistan and not China. The same cannot be said about FC-20 unless like i said in my previous post, we get TOT. There is a difference in both circumstances. Also more importantly the idea for western avionics for JF-17 was also dropped because China matched every bit of our requirement, even surpassed in some as per PAF officials. FC-20 is in a whole different league. As the reports suggest there is already an AESA radar for the FC-20. We don't need to look anywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom