Pakistan in talks with US to procure latest F-16 jets: Air chief

S

sir Pad will never invest in J 31 we saw their attitude with J 10

F 16 IS SANCTION PRONE and expansive at same time better bought J 10

But old oned they are not buying new but we are

Remember USAF fear SU 35 as in most films they show SU 35 as their opponent
Can you name any film???.
Thanks in advance

8 - 16 Odd planes do not change the power balance with Afghanistan , so there should be no problem

It would be a good platform to test the latest generation and see if it fits the needs for Pakistan

India already is buying weapons from 3-4 sources , so they are inducting 100-200 planes while we are getting just 8 or 16 planes max

Block 60
b60_frouch_02.jpg

Considering Pakistan was always the first to get Falcon , it is only fair we get the latest generation first (after UAE that is)

Block-60 is not in production, UAE is upgrading them to block-61. Only most advanced version over block-52+ is "V" with advance AESA "SABR"

If PAF is going for advance F-16s then they currently have then F-16V should be obvious choice but 8 is not the right number to have and PAF knows that. At least 2 squadrons of new version is right number due to maintenance, infrastructure and cost.

Last edited:
Where there is a will, there is a way. US wants to keep its production line open along with influence among Pakistan's rulers. Pakistan wants a force multiplier and to replace aging planes. A win win situation for both parties. Godspeed.

I think Pakistan should forget about F-16s now, it's getting very old. You should go for Chinese j-31(I think it was called j-31 the f35 copy) or su-35. Chinese option is more sensible as they are probably cheaper.

When will the PAFs crush on the F-16 finish ?? LOL since the 90s we are crazy for the F-16s As they have something holy in them or it is Farz to buy all the F-16s in the world .
Lol just being sarcastic nothing serious .

Last edited:
When will the PAFs crush on the F-16 finish ?? LOL since the 90s we are crazy for the F-16s As they have something holy in them or it is Farz to buy all the F-16s in the world .
Its not like we are going to buy every single piece made. They are reliable, we got infrastructure in place so integration is easy. Now that we have the opportunity why not raise the number to make a reasonable force? F-16 Blk52 plus is still a lethal beast compared to other unproven platforms.

Its not like we are going to buy every single piece made. They are reliable, we got infrastructure in place so integration is easy. Now that we have the opportunity why not raise the number to make a reasonable force? F-16 Blk52 plus is still a lethal beast compared to other unproven platforms.

Hahah i know man we are buying those to replace our Mirages and F-7 fleet , I was just being Sarcastic nothing serious . I know how lethal they are for the PAF and the PAF also has tons of experience of handling those beasts .

I think Pakistan should forget about F-16s now, it's getting very old. You should go for Chinese j-31(I think it was called j-31 the f35 copy) or su-35. Chinese option is more sensible as they are probably cheaper.

Your country also has a very large fleet of vipers is that not old then ?

Your country also has a very large fleet of vipers is that not old then ?

Why are you getting offended? Yes we have f-16 but we are not buying more f-16. The last ones bought was quite some time ago. Im talking about currently. I think Pakistan should go for more powerful jets to counter india. If we was looking to buy f-16s now I would also criticize that.

Why are you getting offended? Yes we have f-16 but we are not buying more f-16. The last ones bought was quite some time ago. Im talking about currently. I think Pakistan should go for more powerful jets to counter india. If we was looking to buy f-16s now I would also criticize that.

I am not offended at all brother specially at little things ... each nation's AF has its own plans and funds to work with and we are working with what we have and can simply ... we shall be seeing more Vipers ,Thunders , and 5th gen perhaps J-31 or something in the near future .

I am not offended at all brother specially at little things ... each nation's AF has its own plans and funds to work with and we are working with what we have and can simply ... we shall be seeing more Vipers ,Thunders , and 5th gen perhaps J-31 or something in the near future .
read my post, which answer both of aurguements
What twin engine Jet Fighter Suits PAF Doctrine? | Page 7

As Air Chief pointed out himself that negotiations are going underway and it may take a little more time so one can presume that the induction is probably of latest F16s probably V. Block 52 is already approved atleast 18 of them so if we really require them than we would had already signed the deal by now.In talks means we want some thing else or a bit bigger.

We were discussing a heavy long range fighter. The F-16 doesn't genuinely fulfil the requirement of a heavy long range fighter. It would be what you rightly say, a defensive fighter in nature for the PAF. The Su-35 is what we classify as a world class long range fighter being offered by the Russians. Not so long ago, we couldn't comprehend such an acquisition. Today, such a possibility is within our grasp and we need to take it firmly with both hands.

Bro, I'm well aware of the challenges of inducting a new platform. I have already mentioned that in my previous post. Whatever the challenges and cost scenarios, we cannot ignore the threat perception across the border. We may not have similar resources as our adversary, but we can (as we always have) combine quality with a certain amount of quantity. Quality dictates that we require a long range fighter which can challenge and match the acquisitions of our foe. Realistically, the F-16 is a limited platform as far as offensive capabilities are concerned. Especially range is a concern. As our naval ambitions grow, we also need to address this requirement. The Su-35, be it in smaller numbers, certainly fits the bill. As for challenges, everything is going to have a cost including the latest F-16s that we so desperately seek. Neither should it be surprising that the new F-16s would similarly require a revised infrastructure setup, training etc. It is not like we would be able to induct the new F-16s right away off the shelf.

Every acquisition has its pros and cons. Surely, the availability and timely delivery of spares has always been an issue with the Russians. However, who can claim with certainty that the Americans would be a reliable supplier for spares during wartime? Let's face it, the F-16 is like a beautiful golden dagger (sone ki churi pet me maarna). It is irresistible because it is worth every bang for buck. Yet, it is highly sanction prone for Pakistan. Not to mention the extremely ludicrous and stringent usage conditions.

The good news is that the Chinese are also acquiring the Su-35 platform. Pakistan could easily work out some sort of deal or venture to produce spares in collaboration with our ally. Pakistan could also directly request for some sort of ToT with respect to the spares. Everthing is possible with the flexible Russians as opposed to the difficult Americans. In other words, the poor availability of Russian spares can be addressed in numerous ways as long we have the desire and will to go forward.

When I say that the latest JF-17 Block is in the same category as the F-16, I do this on the basis of a crude and general comparison. In a general sense, both are 4th gen platforms with a similar technological base. When we acquire the F-16 we won't get any quantum leap improvement as opposed to a 5th gen platform for instance. Additionally, as you have stated, an AESA radar is on the cards for the JF-17. Just because we don't have it yet doesn't mean we won't get it. In fact, the JV with China is a guarantee that we will acquire a much improved JF-17 in the near future. It is only a matter of time. Therefore, this point is not a matter of discussion to me personally.
While buying Russian you need to be little careful for their work ethics have been historically below par as far as the Western folks are concerned. Yellow folks try their best to mimic the Western norms..

That exactly is a point of worry. How will the Americans behave when they feel that they don't require Pak cooperation? The Americans are an unpredictable supplier for Pakistan. We can't rely on hardware which even has the remotest possibility of sanctions. I also don't see the Americans cooperating as far as ToT for spares is concerned. Let's not kid ourselves here. The Americans have a proven track record when it comes to applying sanctions to Pakistan.
In this case going Chineese may be the best option. As far as my humble company is concerned, we have already transferred all our technologies to the Chineese manufacturers to reduce the cost!!

F-16 is one hell of a Jet as for those countries who rejected it loom at size of their Air Forces. Many countries who have enemies go for F-16 like South Korea and Israel and others[/QUOTE

Just to add the TUAF f16 shooting down the Russian plane!!

While buying Russian you need to be little careful for their work ethics have been historically below par as far as the Western folks are concerned. Yellow folks try their best to mimic the Western norms..

In this case going Chineese may be the best option. As far as my humble company is concerned, we have already transferred all our technologies to the Chineese manufacturers to reduce the cost!!
Sorry , dear !
Your post is just no , no , no to all of the Russian technology , which is the only one countering all of the western ,tech all around the world ?
They have their lows so does western tech ?
Just think of mig-21 , still bieng used by half of the world air forces , find a western match of it , still in use by any air force in the world , with the same numbers of mig-21s ?
I don't think , you can find any western made fighter aircraft made along with mig- 21s still in service ?
That's means Russian technology , still is good & reliable to deal with , then western air fighter tech ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom