What's new

Pakistan in talks for 4 Ada Class Corvettes, T-129 Helicopters & modernization of agosta fleet

The ship looks beautiful, but if you somehow add a medium range SAM for fleet defence, it would do wonders!!!!4 ships is a huge number and also is it comparable to Russian talwar class?

Turkey is working on finacial system for exporting of expensive weapon systems.Turkey's weapon systems are getting more technological day by day and price is getting more expensive also.We must offer solutions for buyers. I hope we will see it first time at this Milgem deal for Pakistan.
A surface ship tagged over 300 millions bucks without VLS seems little bit expensive.

4 New Ada Corvettes , beautiful just beautiful addition

cover.jpg

4 Addition from 0 ships in corvettes category
Looks like a mini LCS.

The lack of fleet area air defense ability is still not addressed.

Only if the hull is long and deep enough to sustain it. The MILGEM Ada doesn't have that space (i.e. no room for any VLS, let alone Chinese). The LF-2400 and I-Class on the other hand, they shouldn't have much trouble.
its too late for the lf-2400 its the milgem.
A surface ship tagged over 300 millions bucks without VLS seems little bit expensive.

Looks like a mini LCS.

indeed the 4000 tonne frigate would have been suited to defend their airspace against the brahmos and the mig-29k.
1699497_-_main.jpg

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) , I agree. Reportedly, the self defence Chinese VLS is 3.3 meters deep while internal diameter of each missile canister stands at 85 cm. Now, I believe with a slightly elongated hull we would have been able to put it in.

BTW just saw comparison of VLS systems
U.S. Mark 41
Lengths: 5.3m, 6.8m and 7.7m.
Internal Canister Diameter: 63.5 cm.
U.S. Mark 57
Lengths: ___, ___, and 7.93m.
Internal Canister Diameter: 71 cm.
France Sylver
Lengths: 3.5m, 4.3m, 5m and 7m.
Internel Canister Dimensions: 60cm x 56cm
Suggests a rather squarish interior.
China CN VLS
Lengths: 3.3m, 7m, and 9m.
Internal Diameter: 85cm
Larger internal diameter suggests larger deck area also. "Deck footprint" it is called, I guess.
Than there is the Russian VLS, Korean VLS and Indo-Israeli VLS whose specs I couldn't find about.
IMO, the 7m Chinese version should theoretically be able to launch AShM and ASROC type torpedoes also. Thus further improving stealth characters.

Only if the hull is long and deep enough to sustain it. The MILGEM Ada doesn't have that space (i.e. no room for any VLS, let alone Chinese). The LF-2400 and I-Class on the other hand, they shouldn't have much trouble.
There should be a 3.3m version of the Chinese universal VLS IIRC

Does Milgem has space hold for VLS in the future?
no idea, it cant hold the Evolved sea sparrow (essm) as pakistan is not a nato country. if they want a vals it has to be british/Italian(camm) french (mica vls) European sylver. i doubt the usa wil sell the sm-2. or the chinese hq-16 if small enough.
do note the above is only achievable if they build the tf-100 which is basically a stretched milgem. i doubt it.

As per my suggestion for F22P, taking the Dutch S- and L-frigates (Doorman and Heemskerck classs) as example, one could consider a dedicated AAW-version of ADA which is arrives at by deleting helicopter, helideck and hangar and using that volume/weight/depth for an area-air-defence fit. E.g. second 76mm (> 1 fore + 1 aft), second 21-round RAM (> 1 port + 1 starboard), 2x 8-cell Mk41 (64 50km+ ESSM, preferably the active radar homing block 2), second Sting EO mk2, second Aselflir-300, surveillance drone + VERTREP/Drone landing spot. Could have additional command facilities to serve as group-leader.

TCG_Heybeliada_%2528F-511%2529_-2.jpg

Visualise a strech of the rear superstructure onto the heli-deck to accommodate these systems. 2x VLS lengthwise in the centerline behind the stack, step down: UAV/Vertrep spot (lift up/down to hangar), 76mm. Port and starboard RAM. Kinda like so:

S(tandaard)-fregat (general purpose base ship)
image015.jpg

L(uchtverdedigings)-fregat (dedicated AAW version: same basic hull, machinery, systems)
image015.jpg

I think you mean SD10A's variant.
Yup, for the DK-10 variant of SD-10A/PL-12. A2A range: 100 km (surface to air range comparable to ESSM [50+km], active radar homing like block 2 ESSM). Question is whether quadpacked or not (i.e. how many VLS cells needed).

Last edited:
Demonstration Of Ada Class Corvette

Demonstration of Ada Class Corvette . .
Pakistan Intend to buy these under the agreement of ToT(Transfer of Technology) from Turkiye. . . These Corvettes are totally based on Western Systems and Standards and would be adding a considerable punch in Pakistan Navy's strength . .
Strategical Journal

Last edited:
As per my suggestion for F22P, taking the Dutch S- and L-frigates (Doorman and Heemskerck classs) as example, one could consider a dedicated AAW-version of ADA which is arrives at by deleting helicopter, helideck and hangar and using that volume/weight/depth for an area-air-defence fit. E.g. second 76mm (> 1 fore + 1 aft), second 21-round RAM (> 1 port + 1 starboard), 2x 8-cell Mk41 (64 50km+ ESSM, preferably the active radar homing block 2), second Sting EO mk2, second Aselflir-300, surveillance drone + VERTREP/Drone landing spot. Could have additional command facilities to serve as group-leader.

TCG_Heybeliada_%2528F-511%2529_-2.jpg

Visualise a strech of the rear superstructure onto the heli-deck to accommodate these systems. 2x VLS lengthwise in the centerline behind the stack, step down: UAV/Vertrep spot (lift up/down to hangar), 76mm. Port and starboard RAM. Kinda like so:

S(tandaard)-fregat (general purpose base ship)
image015.jpg

L(uchtverdedigings)-fregat (dedicated AAW version: same basic hull, machinery, systems)
image015.jpg

Yup, for the DK-10 variant of SD-10A/PL-12. A2A range: 100 km (surface to air range comparable to ESSM [50+km], active radar homing like block 2 ESSM). Question is whether quadpacked or not (i.e. how many VLS cells needed).
Ultimately, I think the AAW-capable Ada is basically the LF-2400, i.e. with a slightly lengthened hull and VLS aft of the stack.

Ultimately, I think the AAW-capable Ada is basically the LF-2400, i.e. with a slightly lengthened hull and VLS aft of the stack.
Why not go straightly to LF-2400, more bang for the Bucks. Maybe a little bit expensive. Per stealthy feature, Ada is very good.

Back
Top Bottom