What's new

Pakistan in talks for 4 Ada Class Corvettes, T-129 Helicopters & modernization of agosta fleet

I believe PN will fit the MILGEM Ada corvette with a launcher capable of firing Babur AShM as well as its LACM variant (range better than Babur SLCM). This will make the Ada similar in capability to the Russian Buyan-M (even in absence of VLS).

RAM Block 2 is what PN will desire for the ship's defense. ASW capability of Ada is good enough.

The deal is around one billion USD but real prices of milgem is 300 million per ship.
STM general manager Davut Yılmaz said in a newspaper that Pakistan will use some its own subsytems so price will be around 250 million per ship.
No deails for Pakistan systems. I guess missile systems.

If you consider what they are replacing (Type 21 with Phalanx and either LY-60 or Harpoon), not half bad! If this includes building some in Pakistan than that, with the experience of Azmat and F22P, should give good starting point for domestic development of further ships.

@cabatli_53 @T-123456
how much power does the main diesel engine produce also have you got a model number?
regards

The MILGEM class is equipped with MTU combined diesel and gas (CODAG)-type propulsion system. The propulsion power for sailing at cruising speeds is provided by the diesel engines, while two gas turbines provide the power required for higher speeds of up to 29kt.

A combined operation diesel and gas turbine (CODAG) propulsion system comprises a single GE LM 2500 gas turbine of 23,000 kW (31,280 hp) and two MTU 16V595TE90 diesels rated at 4,320 kW (5,875 hp) at 1,800 rpm each. A Renk gearbox distributes the power from the engines to two shafts driving CPPs. The CODAG propulsion system is controlled and monitored by a MTU Callosum MC automation system.

The MILGEM class is equipped with MTU combined diesel and gas (CODAG)-type propulsion system. The propulsion power for sailing at cruising speeds is provided by the diesel engines, while two gas turbines provide the power required for higher speeds of up to 29kt.

A combined operation diesel and gas turbine (CODAG) propulsion system comprises a single GE LM 2500 gas turbine of 23,000 kW (31,280 hp) and two MTU 16V595TE90 diesels rated at 4,320 kW (5,875 hp) at 1,800 rpm each. A Renk gearbox distributes the power from the engines to two shafts driving CPPs. The CODAG propulsion system is controlled and monitored by a MTU Callosum MC automation system.
cheers, i looked on wiki and it said :
that got me confused.
thanks for clearing the air.
does turkey build the engines via licence?

Is it possible to get the Chinese universal VLS into a MILGEM design. If the Chinese do give it to us!

Is it possible to get the Chinese universal VLS into a MILGEM design. If the Chinese do give it to us!
Only if the hull is long and deep enough to sustain it. The MILGEM Ada doesn't have that space (i.e. no room for any VLS, let alone Chinese). The LF-2400 and I-Class on the other hand, they shouldn't have much trouble.

4 New Ada Corvettes , beautiful just beautiful addition

cover.jpg

4 Addition from 0 ships in corvettes category

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom