What's new

Pakistan in talks for 4 Ada Class Corvettes, T-129 Helicopters & modernization of agosta fleet

Hello All
Indeed Breath of Fresh Air , The great news , actually the news I was waiting . 4 Ada Class Corvettes (in Future 4 more total 8 minimum) are best yes the best in there type , with some modifications "as some very senior and professional members said " Ships will even become more lethal and dangerous .
If some VLS is added to current designee that will be great , This ship can do many things can take more emo can stay in all types of seas longer then FACs , and most important it can defend our mother sea from enemy submarines , its basically near shore or Submarine hunter .
And this will also open the door for heavy Turkish ships . with some modern western systems .
About T-129 my take on this is its also coming, According to new geopolitical environment the required number of gunship helicopters are increased we need our 100 now and I guess 100 AHZ or 100 Wz10 are just not good or impossible so best is 50 to 60 wz10s and 40 to 50 T129 and max 30 AHZ if possible . Also keep in mind wz10 and T-129 will come with ToT so it will be cheaper to operate them in future.
All in there different roll all are the best and modern systems . even if they are for one roll that will give us diversity.

Thank you all

So much smearing from the Turkish? Looks like some Turkish already poping champagne and talk all kind of nonsense when nothing has confirmed. The things that can be confim is PN bought F-22PN. It is a ship that custom fits for PN and fits their budget. People can talk all kind of nonsense like getting a 12000tons cruiser but end of the day when money is not available. All these are just pipe dream.

Algeria is so impressed with F-22P when they board it for visit that they bought 2 frigates from China called C28A and another 4 will be build in Algeria shipyard.

China can offer the similar kind of advance system and the best thing is everything is in house from China with 100% fit from engine, weapon to radar unlike some countries which crucial system all needs to import and sources from others. MK41 VLS is US, if I'm not wrong? :enjoy:

Thanks for all the help you guys have provided to us but regarding this development, Pakistan's decision to go with Turkish weapons is very much welcomed over here. It doesn't mean Chinese are not good at their work. Its not a zero sum game, you know.

Our relations with Turks are as much important for us as we have with China. We trust Turkey just like we trust China. We trust both of you that you'll provide us best weaponry without any hurdle/sanction.

Stop offensive engaging before Turks reply you. PEACE.

Thanks for all the help you guys have provided to us but regarding this development, Pakistan's decision to go with Turkish weapons is very much welcomed over here. It doesn't mean Chinese are not good at their work. Its not a zero sum game, you know.

Our relations with Turks are as much important for us as we have with China. We trust Turkey just like we trust China. We trust both of you that you'll provide us best weaponry without any hurdle/sanction.

Stop offensive engaging before Turks reply you. PEACE.

Isn't the Turkish started first my smearing China? I merely response to such provocation. I am just reminding you all of the so called Turkish weapon has so many foreign implication that you all shall aware of. You as a Pakistanis shall feel enraged when US Obama claim US will not stop drone attack in Pakistan soil. Yet supporting any sales that will benefit US is not the brightest idea, isn't it? Turkey is still heavily depend on US for many sub system weapons. And it will stay that way for many decades. Things like engine take many decades to develop and the R&D it undertake is enormous.

China just managed to see the fruit recently for our QC-280 gas ship turbine, 1300hp engine for our VT-4 tank just debut and we no need to import tank engine from Ukraine for export anymore. It takes double digit billions dollars and thousands hours of hard work from huge pool of Chinese scientist to achieve such result. Beware of those empty promise who claimed they can develop it in few years time with much smaller funds and resources. :D

Better stick with proven record and materialize project. :enjoy:

:enjoy:
This is amazing if the deals go through. Pakistan needs Turkish expertize and Turkey needs Pakistani expertize in various areas. I've always considered Turkey a nuclear power country, because i know we can always depend on our brothers with the green crescent flag.

Turkey is still heavily depend on US for many weapon. And it will stay that way for many decades.
This is so much from the reality, 70% of Turkish military hardware is Turkish in origin today. If people insult you or your countrymen, don't generalize and be the bigger man, ignore

:enjoy:
This is amazing if the deals go through. Pakistan needs Turkish expertize and Turkey needs Pakistani expertize in various areas. I've always considered Turkey a nuclear power country, because i know we can always depend on our brothers with the green crescent flag.

This is so much from the reality, 70% of Turkish military hardware is Turkish in origin today
The most crucial like Gas turbine, MK41 VLS and engine are all american. If the ship is bought w/o VLS, its as good as not getting it?

The most crucial like Gas turbine, MK41 VLS and engine are all american. If the ship is bought w/o VLS, its as good as not getting it?
Yes currently launching systems are American. There are various ongoing projects, i don't have the time to dig them up now, but Turkey has moved mountains in military tech in the last couple of decades, there are reasons we are considered the 7th strongest military power currently. Not just because of quantity but military industrial development. If you are interested in Turkish naval hardware
https://defence.pk/threads/turkish-missile-torpedo-programs.60968/page-176#post-8355135
https://defence.pk/threads/turkish-naval-programs.20746/page-145#post-8318135
dig in

Yes currently launching systems are American. There are various ongoing projects, i don't have the time to dig them up now, but Turkey has moved mountains in military tech in the last couple of decades, there are reasons we are considered the 7th strongest military power currently. Not just because of quantity but military industrial development. If you are interested in Turkish naval hardware
https://defence.pk/threads/turkish-missile-torpedo-programs.60968/page-176#post-8355135
https://defence.pk/threads/turkish-naval-programs.20746/page-145#post-8318135
dig in

The road ahead to all these projects will be long but let just wait and see.

Hope to see more collaborations on state of art naval subsystems and components, especially naval missile systems.

First fleet tanker, later Genesis upgrade, and Milgem.
More to go on...

-Assault boat
-Istanbul class frigate
-TF-2000 AAW
-Milden submarine

are other candidates to collaborate !

Naval Missile systems !

-Temren Missile (Mizrak-D1:17km) -2017
-Temren-II (Mızrak-D2: 30km)
-Atmaca anti-ship Missile(250km) - 2016
-National Cruise Missile (Gezgin) (~1000km) Tomahawk equivalent
-National SAM integration (Hisar family)-(2017)
-Akya integration (533mm heavy torpedo) (2017)

Naval radar system !

-CAFRAD radar complex (2018)
-CAFRAD Lite
-Hazar 3D search radar (Assault boat)
-Serdar radar
-Alper Radar
-AKR Naval radar

Last edited:
Turkish defense minister meets Pakistani counterpart
3 June 2016 18:19 (UTC+04:00)

fikri_ishik_061115.jpg

Newly-appointed Turkish Defense Minister Fikri Isik and Pakistani counterpart Khawaja Muhammad Asif met Friday in Islamabad to discuss bilateral defense cooperation Anadolu Agency reported

"IT IS BETTER TO COOPERATE IN EXCHANGE OF TECHNOLOGY WITHIN TWO ISLAMIC STAT SO I THINK IT'S BETTER TO DEVELOP WAR PLANE ENGINE DEVELOPMENT BECAUSE TURKEY HAS F-16 MANUFACTURING EXPERIENCE AND AIRCRAFT ENGINE DEVELOPMENT IS VERY NECESSARY FOR GETTING THE FULLY INDEPENDENCE IN JF-17 THUNDER PROJECT."

Isn't the Turkish started first my smearing China? I merely response to such provocation. I am just reminding you all of the so called Turkish weapon has so many foreign implication that you all shall aware of. You as a Pakistanis shall feel enraged when US Obama claim US will not stop drone attack in Pakistan soil. Yet supporting any sales that will benefit US is not the brightest idea, isn't it? Turkey is still heavily depend on US for many sub system weapons. And it will stay that way for many decades. Things like engine take many decades to develop and the R&D it undertake is enormous.

China just managed to see the fruit recently for our QC-280 gas ship turbine, 1300hp engine for our VT-4 tank just debut and we no need to import tank engine from Ukraine for export anymore. It takes double digit billions dollars and thousands hours of hard work from huge pool of Chinese scientist to achieve such result. Beware of those empty promise who claimed they can develop it in few years time with much smaller funds and resources. :D

Better stick with proven record and materialize project. :enjoy:
Pakistan has to get money back from the US some how...Solution is funding foreign military equipment. Turkey being a NATO member can request these funds without the approvals from congress. The same is the case with Italy and Germany. Most of the technology is from Germany in the Milgem.

Hope to see more collaborations on state of art naval subsystems and components, especially naval missile systems.
The deals that Pakistan and Turkey singed earlier had not specified the maximum numbers that could be produced. What do you think deal be similar?

Theese are great news.Congrats.
With the help of foreign sells,our military industry can invest more the R&D.
As far as I know,works on light/medium cargo ship is on progress now.They may probably fly with Ukro-Turkish engines.I think they will replace Casa planes.This may help it a lot.
There are so many projects ongoing in Turkish military industry.It is like a revolution.Glad **** brothers support this development.

The road ahead to all these projects will be long but let just wait and see.
Yes, but your nation is a testament to what can be accomplished in a short amount of time. When the political structure utilizes the potential of the masses, through raising its standards, these projects get finished. We've considerable advantage, we recieve TOT of NATO standard hardwares/softwares, we purchase from both camps that are easily reverse engineerable, we've got Pakistan for ballistic missile techs.
You never know, perhaps we'll produce anti-ballistic missile systems, where China currently leads

Last edited:
Loan loan loan, sir sada quol apna pass kuch nahi haga lol? We have nothing interms of money to finance any project?
If we did, would the F-16 issue with the U.S have gone down the way it did?

If we did, would the F-16 issue with the U.S have gone down the way it did?
I dont think money was not the issue behind F-16. 700 million to afford ker he sakta hain (i'll be amazed otherwise if thats what you re implying). I thought we did not wanted to invest the whole amount for F-16s.

I dont think money was not the issue behind F-16. 700 million to afford ker he sakta hain (i'll be amazed otherwise if thats what you re implying). I thought we did not wanted to invest the whole amount for F-16s.
We have $700m, but the general point is, do we have enough money to meet all current needs without some kind of help (aid or loan)? We have to fund the JF-17 Block-III, we need new low level radars, etc. We can't spend up front for all this stuff and others, we need the vendors to offer payment plans, but they'll have to be confident about our future economic prospects.

Back
Top Bottom