What's new

Pakistan in talks for 4 Ada Class Corvettes, T-129 Helicopters & modernization of agosta fleet

can pakistan make naval grade steel ?

Don't know the definitive answer but if constructing the F22Ps and Augustas at Karachi takes making naval grade steel then I guess yes.

i think you are confusing me more... TuAF uses T-38 Talon for advance jet trainer and T-37 tweets are basic jet trainer..

Tbh, there is no real categorization as far as I could conclude. Some air forces use a given aircraft for one role while the other uses it for another. Also, there has been movement of given types of trainer aircraft along the tiers over the years due to technological advancement. In today's textbook it goes something like this,

Ab initio (Very basic prop planes like the DA20)--> Basic (turbo prop aircraft like the Hurkus, Tucano, PC-9, etc.)--> Advanced (High subsonic speed aircraft like the K-8, Hawk, etc.) --> Lead-In fighter trainers or LIFT (Advanced jet trainer aircraft L-39, T-50) --> Operational Conversion Aircraft (two-seater versions of the mainstay jets like the F-16B, J-10S).

But like I said, different air forces use their aircraft in different tiers and at times have completely different tiers as well. For example, in the PAF the pilot starts with the Mushak which serves as the ab initio and the basic trainer, then goes onto the K-8/T-37 which serve as the advance trainers, then onto the FT-7 which serves as the LIFT and then to the fighter conversion aircraft (someone correct me if I'm mistaken, please).

The BAE Hawk for example is used as an Advance Trainer by some while as a LIFT by others.

Last edited:
Soft touches on procurement projects commenced between two brother states...

-Turkey agreed to purchase Super Mushaks
-Turkey treasure agreed to release loan 400 million $ for 4 Milgem class corvettes for Pakistan
&
-T-129 Atak P6 was tested on Baluchistan successfully
-Turkey will upgrade Pakistani submarines. The deal is expected to be done in this months.

What a great news ! I hope the cooperation will expand more on missile field. Construction of Istanbul class frigate will also be commenced in a short time.

Amazing development, I hope cooperation will be further extended to also purchase Frigates from Turkey. Pakistan should encourage Iran to energize ECO, to establish a trade corridor via Iran to Turkey. Pakistan could also potentially sign an agreement (similar what Qatar did with Turkey), to allow Turkish naval/military presence near Gwadar port. This will extend Turkey's strategic outreach into Indian Ocean region and Gulf and make Turkey a stakeholder in CPEC economic corridor.

totally agree with you that rim is a great missile and is extremely potent point defense missile but i work best when coupled with other system like standard missile like of which we lack in PN.
My problem is not with the missile but over all utility of the ship when you know what PN's opponent operate.

IMHO, against your 7X larger opponent, the sweet spot has always been the "Big Macs". Every few years their entire army shows up at your border under various pretexts only to go back the way they came...

Modernization of agosta is very interesting for me.Pakistan uses perry class frigate which has genesis.Now with 4 ada class and agostas with genesis Pakistan fleet become very capable.
With these ships we can except Pakistan will get Akya torpedo,Atmaca asw,Aselsan tork etc
If we look carefully to EFES 2016 except US and Germany all countries are our strategic allies and we will support them with our weapons.This is the beginning we may see ada class corvettes also in SA,QATAR,Ukraine etc.
They need us and we need them.

For Pakistan , Turkey is a decent and a viable alternative to US defence equipment, Turkish military products are upto the NATO standard. Diversifying defence supplier base , i.e including Turkey alongside China will be good for Pakistan.

Good luck with that.....It will be a big boost to Pakistani navy if materialise.

IMHO, against your 7X larger opponent, the sweet spot has always been the "Big Macs". Every few years their entire army shows up at your border under various pretexts only to go back the way they came...
but that doesn't mean that we should arm our forces with the weapon which have low utility for us just because we have nukes. PN has least amount of budget available so we need best bang for buck which in my opinion these ships are not.

Amazing development, I hope cooperation will be further extended to also purchase Frigates from Turkey. Pakistan should encourage Iran to energize ECO, to establish a trade corridor via Iran to Turkey. Pakistan could also potentially sign an agreement (similar what Qatar did with Turkey), to allow Turkish naval/military presence near Gwadar port. This will extend Turkey's strategic outreach into Indian Ocean region and Gulf and make Turkey a stakeholder in CPEC economic corridor.
With CPEC comes enormous opportunities. It's like a long supply chain, and the companies will just put their products as the belt moves on. With the availability of advanced logistics and reasonably priced manpower, Turkish companies should leverage that. Moreover, Pak itself will be growing at a tremendous pace inshaAllah with her 200m people. So, I see a sea of potentials ahead..

I m still not sure about the attack helicopter T129 deal. How can someone as credible than Turkish Defense Minister can claim about the deal agreement when Turkey even don't have an export liscence for the helicopter. US will never allow their engines passing to Pak through some other country. If the news is true than either US has already approved the deal or T129 will have new power plants for its export version which doesn't look a convenient solution for Turkey.

Pakistan and Turkey current naval cooperations !
-Fleet tanker project
-Milgem project

Possible other warship projects Pakistan may collaborate !

-Istanbul class frigate (Design phase is completed)
Commencement: 2018
3 frigate simultaneously construction project model
12087058_1025175307522282_8017546860571205175_o.jpg

TF-2000 Air Defence frigate (Design phase is proceeding)
Around 8000t displacement
Around 150m Length
CAFRAD state of art GaN based Radar complex
A03170669150509121205.jpg

-Longer hull
-VLS missile launch capability (ESSM-2, SM-1 or Hisar missiles) (16 cell MK-41)
-Superior protection against aerial threats
-Greater ship to ship fire power thanks to 16 Atmaca anti-ship missiles
I really hope that Pakistan joins the TF-2000 program. PN needs a larger surface fleet and that much has been confirmed by its high command.

Come on GoP! Surprise us ......

I really hope that Pakistan joins the TF-2000 program. PN needs a larger surface fleet and that much has been confirmed by its high command.

Come on GoP! Surprise us ......

InshaAllah from now on, "surprises" won't itself be a "surprise"...

Turkey and Iran now a days don't have good relations as obvious in case of Syrian conflict.

Turkey is willing to offer a loan, that could be a factor. Our credit limit with China may not be as deep right now considering we agreed to put $4-5bn down on 8 submarines (and God knows how much on JF-17).

Loan loan loan, sir sada quol apna pass kuch nahi haga lol? We have nothing interms of money to finance any project?

Pakistan and Turkey current naval cooperations !
-Fleet tanker project
-Milgem project

Possible other warship projects Pakistan may collaborate !

-Istanbul class frigate (Design phase is completed)
Commencement: 2018
3 frigate simultaneously construction project model
12087058_1025175307522282_8017546860571205175_o.jpg

TF-2000 Air Defence frigate (Design phase is proceeding)
Around 8000t displacement
Around 150m Length
CAFRAD state of art GaN based Radar complex
A03170669150509121205.jpg

-Longer hull
-VLS missile launch capability (ESSM-2, SM-1 or Hisar missiles) (16 cell MK-41)
-Superior protection against aerial threats
-Greater ship to ship fire power thanks to 16 Atmaca anti-ship missiles
nobody knows what they have ordered most likely they will go for the tf-100 with vls

Mate, my eyes teared when i first heard the news... We always talked how our brotherly our nations are, saw signing of the Mou, lots of talks, visits but nothing solid.......till today. :D

- T-129s... i don't think, it will happen because of the US engine.

- Turkey principality agreed to buy Super-Mushshaks.
- Turkey agreed to loan 400$ Million for 4 Milgem...we can say that, it will happen.
- Modernizing of the subs, will happen too...... MoD says, deal will be singed in this month...

Wonderful news....so happy. :)

we need Altay Tanks too..... minimum 100

Back
Top Bottom