What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

These 4 Ada class should have been operational years ago and by now the Istanbul class should be under construction

But better late than never

Ada class is a very modern platform

Let's hope we can see Istanbul class very soon

These 4 Ada class should have been operational years ago and by now the Istanbul class should be under construction

But better late than never

Ada class is a very modern platform

Let's hope we can see Istanbul class very soon
İ class will be done as, 1st ship in Istanbul Naval shipyard, while 3 handled by a concortium of private shipyards, all will be delivered until 2022, and TF2000 would be laid in 2019, 2020. I can not explain the main reason for delay, but can not solely lean it on political reasons, technically the ship industry isnt ready yet, and undersecreteriat for defence industry had began to apply its plan, and its working now.
After 2020, everything would be better for naval industry, i dont know rest of industries.

technically the ship industry isnt ready yet.

Still? After all these projects, money flow and political support? I was under impression that naval defence industry was in a decent shape but little i know.

Can u name the some of the biggest problems?

I think turkey has the technology but the politics is the problem

Just look at UK naval programmes they are total mess with constant interference from politicians meddling in affairs of the military, QE class a good example first STOBAR then CATOBAR then back to STOBAR

I hope Turkish navy has the final say in the LHD programme otherwise it could be a costly delay

Still? After all these projects, money flow and political support? I was under impression that naval defence industry was in a decent shape but little i know.

Can u name the some of the biggest problems?
There isnt sufficient amount of engineers and workers who is experienced in building naval ships, yet its same for designer engineers.

The industry is in the decent condition, the problem isnt over quality or ability, its over quantity. The people are learning and mastering in manufacturing and organization, they would be retired about end of 4th milgem, and would skip to other shipyards while the junior engineers becoming seniors to built I class. You may ask of wasnt there such a rotation, simply no because all these men are the rarely experienced ones during whole progress of milgem.

I think turkey has the technology but the politics is the problem

Just look at UK naval programmes they are total mess with constant interference from politicians meddling in affairs of the military, QE class a good example first STOBAR then CATOBAR then back to STOBAR

I hope Turkish navy has the final say in the LHD programme otherwise it could be a costly delay
I dont think its influent of politicians even on QE, even it reflected to be such, demand of army is dynamic and it may change even in middle of design. This is reason milgem planned to be 8, then to be 4 and 4., we can not call this to be politician effect, or its not because milgem was inefficient. I have mentioned the reasons above, they are waiting for rotation of experience from navy shipyard so that the experience will be sustainable and not fading away. Let 3 other shipyards to built a single warship once, then they could handle it by themselves.

On the other hand, technically we havent got anything done with LHD, except of integration of our electronical systems, the whole design is delivered from navantia, hence its not related to shipyard industry in that matter. About building, that shipyard may handle, just because they are good in steel works. Integration would be worry of STM and so on.

Hi guys, after following the forum for more than 3 years, I decided to sign up and contribute to it. I am personally an old contributer to the nowadays non-existing mpnet. I could not bear any more the fake accounts hiding behind Turkish-looking avatars or nicknames who are trying to play their own cheap intelligence games. Greetings to all my sincere friends...

Hi guys, after following the forum for more than 3 years, I decided to sign up and contribute to it. I am personally an old contributer to the nowadays non-existing mpnet. I could not bear any more the fake accounts hiding behind Turkish-looking avatars or nicknames who are trying to play their own cheap intelligence games. Greetings to all my sincere friends...

Welcome.

İ class will be done as, 1st ship in Istanbul Naval shipyard, while 3 handled by a concortium of private shipyards, all will be delivered until 2022, and TF2000 would be laid in 2019, 2020. I can not explain the main reason for delay, but can not solely lean it on political reasons, technically the ship industry isnt ready yet, and undersecreteriat for defence industry had began to apply its plan, and its working now.
After 2020, everything would be better for naval industry, i dont know rest of industries.

Great insight, thanks for shating. What do you think we should do to increase our experienced designers and engineers?

Great insight, thanks for shating. What do you think we should do to increase our experienced designers and engineers?
Its what i mentioned n earlier posts, the rotation of employers from naval shipyard to civils. Additionally, naval shipyard may consider to work with civilian engineers, their enrollment procedure is way hard, and solely same as joining to army. A design engineer got nothing to do by running, or sport tournaments, the key is knowledge. It would be good they could have position for civil engineers.

B2MPNQ.jpg

'Hidden' giant of Turkey's defense industry: domestic submarine
Editor / Internet
11:37 May 20, 2016
Yeni Şafak

Turkey's Defense industry to deliver the country's first indigenous submarine to Turkish Armed Forces by 2023; construction of the 'hidden' giant is going at full speed.

After the construction of the Turkish Defense industry's "hidden giant," the new type submarine project (NTSP) that aimed to procure six new Type Submarines which have an Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) System has begun.

Gölcük Naval Shipyard

The project would cost a total of 2.7 billion dollars, to be provided by a domestic fund.

The new type submarines would be capable of producing their own energy automatically using a mechanism of the reaction of hydrogen and oxygen tanks in the underwater giant. This system allows the vehicle to stay under water without atmospheric air for long periods of time.

According to the project, Turkey's domestic submarine can make a round-trip journey from Turkey to the US without refueling.

It can stay as long as 15 days under water.

The national submarine project is supported by Turkey's largest defense companies, including HAVELSAN, ASELSAN, TÜBİTAK, STM AŞ, AYES AŞ, Milsoft, Meteksan Savunma and Koç Bilgi Savunma.

According to Turkey's Undersecretariat of Defense Industries (SSM), the project aims to maximize local content. It also aims to acquire knowledge and experience in submarine construction, integration and systems.
http://www.yenisafak.com/en/news/hidden-giant-of-turkeys-defense-industry-domestic-submarine-2468965

Whuaat?! :flame:

Back
Top Bottom