What's new

Pakistan 'in' South Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it fashionable for a Pakistani to be seen as an Arab? Here's a post from a Pakistani himself....

"What I notice quite often in this virtual world, is the amount of inferiority complex some Pakistanis have towards Arabs. I personally don't know a single Pakistani in my personal life who holds Arabs with high regard, so, it puzzles me when I encounter Pakistanis who view Arabs to be superior to them.

I'm currently a member of "Twitter", and let me tell you... this inferiority complex is so embarrassingly, overly-visible on Twitter.

I constantly see Pakistanis boasting about how 'beautiful' Arabs are.... Why? I have no idea. Most Arabs are nothing special in terms of physical-appearance from what I've seen, and I've met many Arabs of various different nationalities. Some Pakistanis get hyped if they're told they "look" Arab, as if looking like an Arab is some kind of accomplishment, pathetic to say the least. What's wrong with "looking" Pakistani? - These Pakistanis also often use Arabic phrases in their vocabulary (Habibi, Wallah, Yallah, Akhi, ect). And, don't even get me started on those Pakistanis who claim Arab ancestry!!

On the other hand, I will very rarely see an Arab compliment Pakistanis. In fact, they seem to show ignorance more than anything towards Pakistanis.

I know, I know, I know... most Pakistanis don't suffer from an inferiority complex towards Arabs, but a lot of Pakistanis unfortunately do suffer from this complex, and it's really starting to get to me.

I've always been proud to call myself a Pakistani, and I always will be, but at times like this, I'm not too fond of being a Pakistani."

But why they prefer to be seen as Arab rather than Pakistani is probably due to an ingrained inferiority complex that some have. After all it's dandy to be seen as a 'firangi'! :P

^^Mayuran empire can be your heritage but IVC can not be indian at all. My head is spinning,time to take a nap:girl_wacko:

Neither Mayuran empire nor IVC is Pakistan's heritage.

IVC people are dravidian, and dravidian are found only in South of India. Pakistanis claims over Mayuran empire is hilarious, and not worth commenting

The present day Pakistanis are settlers..... nothing more and nothing less.

Manas: History and Politics, Indus Valley

Is it fashionable for a Pakistani to be seen as an Arab? Here's a post from a Pakistani himself....

"What I notice quite often in this virtual world, is the amount of inferiority complex some Pakistanis have towards Arabs. I personally don't know a single Pakistani in my personal life who holds Arabs with high regard, so, it puzzles me when I encounter Pakistanis who view Arabs to be superior to them.

I'm currently a member of "Twitter", and let me tell you... this inferiority complex is so embarrassingly, overly-visible on Twitter.

I constantly see Pakistanis boasting about how 'beautiful' Arabs are.... Why? I have no idea. Most Arabs are nothing special in terms of physical-appearance from what I've seen, and I've met many Arabs of various different nationalities. Some Pakistanis get hyped if they're told they "look" Arab, as if looking like an Arab is some kind of accomplishment, pathetic to say the least. What's wrong with "looking" Pakistani? - These Pakistanis also often use Arabic phrases in their vocabulary (Habibi, Wallah, Yallah, Akhi, ect). And, don't even get me started on those Pakistanis who claim Arab ancestry!!

On the other hand, I will very rarely see an Arab compliment Pakistanis. In fact, they seem to show ignorance more than anything towards Pakistanis.

I know, I know, I know... most Pakistanis don't suffer from an inferiority complex towards Arabs, but a lot of Pakistanis unfortunately do suffer from this complex, and it's really starting to get to me.

I've always been proud to call myself a Pakistani, and I always will be, but at times like this, I'm not too fond of being a Pakistani."

But why they prefer to be seen as Arab rather than Pakistani is probably due to an ingrained inferiority complex that some have. After all it's dandy to be seen as a 'firangi'! :P

ha ha ha ......

You are a paranoid people including this fellow who says he is Pakistani.

And he is impressed by Arabian beauty ..... bwwahahahaha .... if you have been to Arab countries where most Indians and Pakistanis are working, beauty is not thy name, stands out conspicuously. Except in some Arab countries where Indians and Pakistanis don't work, there certainly is beauty.

Most Pakistanis that I know, even those who have worked in Arab world, do not have good memories of those places and as such Arabs in general are not liked very much.

Religion does present linkages and these linkages are respected by all and sundry, because of being Muslims and location of Muslim holy places in some of these countries.

Use of words Habibi, Wallah or Yallah - I have not heard these words in normal talk from anyone. This may be with few or some who have remained and worked in these countries, but certainly not a general practice.

Most Pakistanis feel that Arabs are idiots and this is a fact - so rising of an inferiority complex in this is as alien to me as Indians may be setting foot on Mars tomorrow.

Our names are Arabic sounding, Turkish sounding, Persian sounding and may be to some extent Central Asian sounding. Yes these are not Hindu sounding. And this is because of our Islamic linkages.

I think you may need to get out of your own paranoia towards Pakistan and Pakistanis before you van carry out any objective analysis.

Reactions: AUz
i am proud of Muslim Rulers who ruled subcontinent.

And why shouldn't you be?

Just to take you up on your wording, there were many rulers for many little parts, and sometimes, thrice, one who ruled over the majority of the land in south Asia. So what did you mean by 'Muslim Rulers who ruled subcontinent'?

Neither Mayuran empire nor IVC is Pakistan's heritage.

IVC people are dravidian, and dravidian are found only in South of India. Pakistanis claims over Mayuran empire is hilarious, and not worth commenting

The present day Pakistanis are settlers..... nothing more and nothing less.

Manas: History and Politics, Indus Valley

Sir, you need to further study the Aryan Invasion Theory, The Aryan Migration Theory and Out of India Theory.

Yes Dravidian people moved from IVC to Southern India according to some accounts. And the genes of Ancient North Indians and Ancient South Indians are distinctly different, but you can not say with authority that those who did not migrate from IVC were all invaders and not the original inhabitants.

i am proud of Muslim Rulers who ruled subcontinent.
Original Post By fani_spy

You should also be proud of those rulers who were not Muslims, because they represented our civilization at one time.

Sir, you need to further study the Aryan Invasion Theory, The Aryan Migration Theory and Out of India Theory.

Yes Dravidian people moved from IVC to Southern India according to some accounts. And the genes of Ancient North Indians and Ancient South Indians are distinctly different, but you can not say with authority that those who did not migrate from IVC were all invaders and not the original inhabitants.

You should also be proud of those rulers who were not Muslims.

History is always interpretation on the available evidence; nobody can be sure about the history. The web link is from a UCLA, one of the world’s best universities. They might have examined the evidence thoroughly before arriving at that interpretation, and I have every reason to believe them than you

Gotta agree..Pakistanis got a massive identity problem.

Either they got nothing to do with ivc or their own heritage or it has nothing to do with Indians. LOL.

Seriously Pakistan should be more like Iran. People of Iran are comfortable in their own skin and take pride in their legacy along with Zoroastrian Iranians.

Arabs are probably the most despised and disliked ethnic group in the world.

Indonesians and South East Asians hate them for the way they treat their women in the Middle East.
Europeans hate them for all the crime, drugs, rapes they have brought with them when they illegally moved into European cities and turning them into Detroit.
South Asians don't like them for the sheer racism they experience in the Middle East.
Americans don't like them for the waves of terrorism that they have launched against them.
Australians hate them for the same reasons as Europeans do.
Blacks and Africans hate them for the racism they have towards them.
Turks, Persians and Israelis hate them as well.

I don't think there is any ethnic group in the world that gets along with Arabs.

what a racist remark??, same can be said or even worse about image of pakistanis abroad

History is always interpretation on the available evidence; nobody can be sure about the history. The web link is from a UCLA, one of the world’s best universities. They might have examined the evidence thoroughly before arriving at that interpretation, and I have every reason to believe them than you

I respect the research carried out by others - but I believe more in my own self than a faraway, twice a year traveling to India Pakistan, American who calls himself a South Asian expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom