What's new

Pakistan 'in' South Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.
No!

pakistanis are Arabs! pakistan has nothing to do with South Asia.

True Story!

yes yes pakistan belong to moon and its location is near Jupiter ab khush ? S.asia konsa EU HAI? saaly sab s.asian aik se kangly hain :rofl:

i am proud of Muslim Rulers who ruled subcontinent.

Ideally you should be proud of your total heritage, you should be proud of IVC and other hindu and muslim rulers also. But its your opinion, so its ok.

yes yes pakistan belong to moon and its location is near Jupiter ab khush ? S.asia konsa EU HAI? saaly sab s.asian aik se kangly hain :rofl:

last line aapki ekdum sahi hai, hum south asians puri duniya sabse kangal log hai aur HDI rankings dekenge ko toh hum list mein nazar hi nahi aate.

Ideally you should be proud of your total heritage, you should be proud of IVC and other hindu and muslim rulers also. But its your opinion, so its ok.

I think the reason why Pakistanis are not proud of their Hindu heritage is because their main rival country continues to be Hindu! So it would be hard for them to appreciate their Hindu ancestors, as it would mean that they would at the same time be appreciating India.

in fact i give no ***** to identity i am human first pakistani second and that's ALL is enough for me .s.asian union is nothing without pakistan .then you can call it india or us ke bachy

Its not applied to all population of Pakistan where they relate themself to arab not the the indian continent .people in your country protest in each and every matter of Arabs but have you seen any protest in arab about your country's problems like drone attacks ,Nato supplies .
After all you living in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia can't see the ground reality .

Its not applied to all population of Pakistan where they relate themself to arab not the the indian continent .people in your country protest in each and every matter of Arabs but have you seen any protest in arab about your country's problems like drone attacks ,Nato supplies .

i agree with your post sir jee i have nothing to oppose your post :agree:

Well money flows from there to Pakistani Mullahs so they protest for them.

Though Pakistan till today remains the only country to have represented the whole of Muslim world at UN assembly. After repeated betrayal to Pakistan, Identity crisis for trolls of Express Tribune might be a reality. But not for a common Pakistani. I ve met and worked with Muslims of many countries. I even lived in Bangladesh for two months, which could be the most hostile Muslim country for a Pakistan, but reality is quite contrary to what ET is trying to prove. In fact they are restless, as to why we don't come up with slogans of nationalism and Jahiliyah which our Prophet abhorred. Yes Muslim world is going through worst of periods, this deceptive neo-colonialism, these puppet regimes, these monarchs who survive on slogans of Kufr! But things are not going to remain so for ever. InshaAllah!

Narrated Abu Hurayra: The Prophet (pbuh) said: Allah, Most High, has removed from you the pride of the pre-Islamic period and its boasting in ancestors. One is only a pious beliver or a miserable sinner. You are sons of Adam, and Adam came from dust. Let the people cease to boast about their ancestors. They are merely fuel in Jahannam; or they will certainly be of less account with Allah than the beetle which rolls dung with its nose. [Abu Dawood]

Pakistan represent Muslim world??? Arab don't give a sh!t to you, Indonasian don't care who you are, BD hate you, Afghans hate you, Iran is angry coz of Shia issue...

Stop being Self appointed Mulla... No one recognize Pakistan as leader of Muslim world...

I think the reason why Pakistanis are not proud of their Hindu heritage is because their main rival country continues to be Hindu! So it would be hard for them to appreciate their Hindu ancestors, as it would mean that they would at the same time be appreciating India.
But India is not Hindu. India comprises a majority of Hindus but also has almost a huge number of Muslims, Christians, Budhists, Aethists, etc.

We are declared and fully so a secular country.

On the other hand, in Pakistan, its a race to see who is more Muslim. they donot like multiculturalism.

One big truth for indians.

I am 22 born and raised in Pakistan met thousands of people travelled from north to south, And i never met a single Pakistani who calls himself arab.

I dont think you have travelled a lot then as such.
All along north to south of Pakistan, there are multiple pockets and groups of people who consider themselves "arab" by taking their "Syed" heritage a bit too literally. Others dont even have lineage to use as an excuse but still end up dressing up like Arabs and imposing draconian restrictions on their families in the guise of Islam and Arabism. With most providing the argument that "because we are Muslims, we are Arabs".

There are three different arguments I have heard from different viewpoints summed together:

First on the basis of genealogy , yes there are many in Pakistan who may consider themselves of Arab "blood" since detailed family tree's and authentic genealogical charts have been recorded as a practice since the times of the Tughlak dynasty.
Many of these Arab lines are from the Sufi Saints that came into India to preach and propagate Islam, for eg the descendants of Moenuddin Chishti of Ajmer carry Arab-Afghan heritage and can through detailed verified genealogical charts..however to consider that for 900 years to this day this bloodline carries only Arab-Afghan blood is to be unrealistic. The number of converts in India grew under these Saints and many married into many local populations in an effort to "integrate" Islam into India(not the opposite).
So yes, there is now a measurable section of both India & Pakistan that is Arab,Afghan and Persian by heritage and lineage...
This means that while they do have a separate identity..it is not Arab or Persian or otherwise.
It was a unique identity of being Indian(pre-partition) Muslims..of being part of the land rather than alien to it...
It had little role to play in politics until the British came along.

However, these people form much less of the actual population of Pakistan and are generally mirrored by many "fake" representations of Arab lineage(which in reality may not even have a single Arab Chromosome in them). And these have mirror counterparts in India as well. These are generally "created" for personal gain rather than identity and should not be taken as an attempt to be more Arab than the Arabs.

Second: are the "urbies" or Wannabe "arabs".. this new phenomenon is the direct result of the interference and influence of the Saud Dynasty into Pakistani society. The introduction of this Modern Arab Extremism has led to a large section of the religious leadership in Pakistan and otherwise to completely consider themselves alien to the rest of South Asia simply based on the fact that their religion is Islam.
So even though a person may be entirely Dravidian by his lineage.. He considers himself a Arab(apparently being Muslim cuts you off from the land) and starts to dress and act accordingly. This conversion varies across the spectrum with various shades of Arabism and Afghan cultural shades appearing within this lot. This does however point more to the nature of the people of this land to adapt to different influences rather than a testament to being separate from the rest of South Asia.
India was able to avoid this phenomenon because the major Islamic education centre's in British India(Deoband,Osmania University, Aligarh University) stayed within India after Partition(although most of Deobands Scholars migrated to Pakistan..and did not take up the Deoband name again.. which means that many of those that consider themselves Deobandis arent exactly following those of the original institution..although this requires more research) and hence the leadership that provides Islamic thought and guidance in India is still fairly controlled through these institutions.
While in Pakistan, there is no centre to "regulate" Islamic thought... its everyone's heyday and interpretation...which when it comes in the hands of the uneducated or unbridled.. results in the disaster we see today.

A third argument is that the area that the Indus River has always been a buffer between South Asia and the Middle east..
The mixpot where hundreds of cultural colors end up mixing and hundreds of different identities exist. And where generally.. the Indus has acted much like a cultural equivalent of a timezone divider. If such is the case, then there will always be an identity issue across Pakistan since it is caught between two differing shades of cultural views.
One in the east that is more colourful and vibrant but varying, and the other in its west that is more Sober and uniform but disciplined. Education may have been one tool to unite these two halves and promote a balanced harmony.. but that never happened.

In my view..the final result is a mixture of all these conditions and perhaps other social phenomenon which history has influenced.

The actual study will require less bias and bigotry than which can be provided by many PDF members in my view.

A third argument is that the area that the Indus River has always been a buffer between South Asia and the Middle east.. The mixpot where hundreds of cultural colors end up mixing and hundreds of different identities exist. And where generally.. the Indus has acted much like a cultural equivalent of a timezone divider. If such is the case, then there will always be an identity issue across Pakistan since it is caught between two differing shades of cultural views.
One in the east that is more colourful and vibrant but varying, and the other in its west that is more Sober and uniform but disciplined. Education may have been one tool to unite these two halves and promote a balanced harmony.. but that never happened.

Something like an Perso-Afghan Pakistan and an Indian Pakistan, with only Islam connecting the two as a nation state?

Can we then say that the conflict within Pakistan stems more from a clash of people and bloodlines and less from religious differences per se, as a significant half of Pakistan seems disconnected from the Indian half and sees themselves as essentially different?

In effect, a sociocultural buffer zone between the ancient Persian and Indian civilizations?

That a very insightful remark. It is why the Egyptians, the Iraqis, the Iranians can all be proud of their past(there are no other claimants either to that culture or religion) but Pakistanis find it difficult. Even in the case of the IVC, Pakistanis feel the need to separate it from any aspect of Indian culture (thereby deny Indians any claim) or religion (have to completely ignore & rubbish even what are very remote Hindu connections). Little wonder most remain confused on their historical identities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom