What's new

Pakistan has 3 of the best 19 Muslim cities!

The problem is that your urban population is not really 'urban'. 638 million Indians practice open defecation, whereas 48 million Pakistanis do that. Indians make up 58% of the world population which still practices open defection:

http://www.unicef.org/media/files/JMP-2010Final.pdf

Indian poverty levels higher than Pakistan's, says UN report - Telegraph

Anyways, let us stick to the topic, which is about Pakistani cities, not Pakistan or India's poverty levels.

Yeah I agree(sticking to topic), and if you would kindly post rankings which are recent and not 12 years old from a Magazine(AsiaWeek) that would be GREATTTT (sigh). I would prefer proper rankings, not something out of a magazine.

The problem is that your urban population is not really 'urban'. 638 million Indians practice open defecation, whereas 48 million Pakistanis do that. Indians make up 58% of the world population which still practices open defection:

Anyways, let us stick to the topic, which is about Pakistani cities, not Pakistan or India's poverty levels.

World Bank says Pakistan has more poverty then India, put your cursor or mouse over the name of countries on the left of the map.

Welcome to WorldBank Group

But here we are talking about cities and half of Pakistan's urban population live in slums and we are not taking about Poverty and rural areas here. So, will you stick to the topic.

World Bank says Pakistan has more poverty then India, put your cursor or mouse over the name of countries on the left of the map.

Wrong. From the 2011 World Bank report, Page # 10 (I've given the link below):

India%2BPoverty%2BWB%2B2011.png

http://www-wds.worldbank.org/extern...d/PDF/574280PUB0Pers1351B0Extop0ID0186890.pdf

Anyways, the Global City Rankings are just the opinions of the Foreign Policy magazine. Just like any other ranking system.

Welcome to WorldBank Group

But here we are talking about cities and half of Pakistan's urban population live in slums and we are not taking about Poverty and rural areas here. So, will you stick to the topic.

Both you and Bilal need to stop going off topic with this poverty BS. There are other threads to discuss this, go there.

Anyways, the Global City Rankings are just the opinions of the Foreign Policy magazine. Just like any other ranking system.

No actually that is not how ranking systems work. They are not "opinions", they are numerical facts. All cities are given a score on a variety of different criteria and the best OVERALL city is determined in this way. But I see how it works for you, you tried a bunch of sources to try and prove Pakistani cities are better than Indian ones (including posting a 12 year old article from AsiaWeek), and when you cant find anything you say that the rankings are fake.

I would say that maybe you need to use a little more logic in your thought process.

Wrong. From the 2011 World Bank report, Page # 10 (I've given the link below):

http://www-wds.worldbank.org/extern...d/PDF/574280PUB0Pers1351B0Extop0ID0186890.pdf

Mr. Riaz Haq also gave me that link but ran away later on. Poverty in India was higher than Pakistan back in 2005 but now not in 2011. The link you have provided India data based on 2005 and Pakistan poverty of same period.

Poverty in Pakistan has increased to 37.5% right now.
Poverty in Pakistan | Pakistan Today | Latest news, Breaking news, Pakistan News, World news, business, sport and multimedia

Look at this table.
World Bank, World Development Indicators - Google Public Data Explorer

Poverty in Pakistan always swings up and down, like this one poverty increased in Pakistan by 4% between 1999-2002 and same is happening since 2006- 2011.

@BilalHaider shall we move on to thread topic's. You started whining after I gave you data about Urban slums and started trolling.

No actually that is not how ranking systems work. They are not "opinions", they are numerical facts. All cities are given a score on a variety of different criteria and the best OVERALL city is determined in this way. But I see how it works for you, you tried a bunch of sources to try and prove Pakistani cities are better than Indian ones (including posting a 12 year old article from AsiaWeek), and when you cant find anything you say that the rankings are fake.

I would say that maybe you need to use a little more logic in your thought process.

Well, just like I presented the rankings of Asiaweek, you presented the rankings of the Foreign Policy magazine. Whatever floats your boat. The parameters that are selected are also based on opinion, as well as the numerical values assigned to each parameter. So yes, it is opinion.

Bilal Bro! Its an Thread for developed muslims cities, Plz don't remind us cities like mumbai,culcutta,Dehli.. :bad:
Check that thread ,http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/156852-25-most-dirtiest-cities-world.html

Mr. Riaz Haq also gave me that link but ran away later on. Poverty in India was higher than Pakistan back in 2005 but now not in 2011. The link you have provided India data based on 2005 and Pakistan poverty of same period.

Poverty in Pakistan has increased to 37.5% right now.
Poverty in Pakistan | Pakistan Today | Latest news, Breaking news, Pakistan News, World news, business, sport and multimedia

Look at this table.
World Bank, World Development Indicators - Google Public Data Explorer

Poverty in Pakistan always swings up and down, like this one poverty increased in Pakistan by 4% between 1999-2002 and same is happening since 2006- 2011.

Are bhai, you are giving a Pakistani newspaper link saying the poverty levels of Pakistan are at 37.5%. Here is another ranking showing that 77% (836 million Indians) of Indians earn less than 20 rupees a day, whereas the poverty rate is $1 a day:

836 million Indians live on less than Rs 20 a day - Business News - IBNLive

I gave you the link of the World Bank 2011 report, & the page from which the figure is given.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom