What's new

Pakistan has 3 of the best 19 Muslim cities!

It's not about a metro rail (which Karachi & Lahore are getting as well), it's about the overall comfort of life & the quality of life. And Islamabad will always be ahead in that respect.

Tell me, is there any neighborhood in India like this one? This is the average neighborhood with average houses in Islamabad:

IMG_0706.jpg

Look posting one nice picture of a city does in no way prove one city is better than another. There is no way to practically compare different cities, and the only ranking system of cities (The Alpha/Beta/Omega rankings mentioned in the beginning of this thread clearly say that Indian cities on average are better than Pakistani cities). I don't know why you have to try so hard to bend facts to make it match the conclusions you want to make it match.

Oh and as for your argument of that picture representing the "average" house in Islamabad, the average house in Toronto, Canada (with a per capita income 20 times that of Pakistan) does not look like that. So please stick with facts. If you have a concrete ranking system, go ahead and post it and we can discuss on that.

lol it's not avarage neighbourhood, it's baharia golf city. There are many such closed towns in India.

Bahria Golf City | Islamabad

Google Lavasa.

This is Bahria Town in Islamabad. It's not even in Islamabad, there are even better houses & neighborhoods in Islamabad like E6, E7, F-6, F-7, F-8, F-10, F-11, I-8 etc.

1299259238_172717032_1-Pictures-of--Brand-new-house-in-sector-F-11.jpg

home-in-islamabad.jpg

images

1222676507_1469.jpg

55902955_1.jpg

It's not about a metro rail (which Karachi & Lahore are getting as well), it's about the overall comfort of life & the quality of life. And Islamabad will always be ahead in that respect.

Tell me, is there any neighborhood in India like this one? This is the average neighborhood with average houses in Islamabad:

IMG_0706.jpg

People in Chandigarh have higher cost of living than people in Islamabad
Chandigarh is about the same as Islamabad :: Cost of Living Comparison

Yes, definitely, I live in Bangalore and we have numerous locality like this here. The old part of Bangalore city is more beautiful than this and most expensive part of the city. We call such houses as Villas.But people Mostly prefer Apartments. But only problem we have here is traffic at office hours, otherwise Bangalore is one of the best city in the world, clean, no slums, nice-climate.

As for Metro Rail is considered, I didn't know Karachi is getting metro. In India all cities with population more than 2 million is getting Metro Rail or Mono Rail or both.

Rapid transit in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is Bahria Town in Islamabad. It's not even in Islamabad, there are even better houses & neighborhoods in Islamabad like E6, E7, F-6, F-7, F-8, F-10, F-11, I-8 etc.

Yeah Omar must be lying and you're lying too as you thanked his post.

Islamabad is relatively safe. After the Marriott bombing in 2008, there has been no major terrorist attack in Islamabad. Lahore is also peaceful these days. Karachi has its ups and downs.

As for developers, some are local and some are from overseas like World Trade Center Islamabad and Centaurus Islamabad. Also many foreign construction workers are working on these new modern buildings like Centaurus Islamabad has some Chinese and Turkish construction workers.

As for real estate, I'm not really sure. Many Pakistanis buy land and construct their own dream house instead of buying other people's houses, like what my family did in major cities.

There are also some new housing developments like Bahria Islamabad, which is affordable compared to houses in North America, but I think you must be a Pakistani citizen to buy property in Pakistan.

New residential housing development in Islamabad (Bahria Golf City)

bahria-golf-city.jpg

bahria-golf-city-1.jpg

bahria-golf-city-2.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

home-in-islamabad.jpg

images

1222676507_1469.jpg

55902955_1.jpg

You know you are only lying to yourself. Stop posting pictures and give us a concrete ranking system (like the Alpha/Beta/Gamma ranking system which says Indian cities on average are better than Pakistani ones in ALL departments). Do you want me to start posting pictures of 100 crore properties of Shah Rukh Khan/Amitabh Bachchan and start claiming how amazing India is (because that is kind of what you are doing).

I live in Same kind of House in Bangalore but on rent. My Landlord lives on Ground floor and renters live on 1st floor and 2nd floor. All houses in my locality are like this only but neighbouring locality has apartments mostly.

These are avarage Banglows, sorry.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

I live in Same kind of House in Bangalore but on rent. My Landlord lives on Ground floor and renters live on 1st floor and 2nd floor. All houses in my locality are like this only but neighbouring locality has apartments mostly.

Excatly, you will see these kind of house cropped all over beside OMR road in Chennai. Generally they lend out these to proffesionals.

These are Asia's top cities as per Asiaweek's rankings:

1. Fukuoka
2. Tokyo
3. Singapore
4. Osaka
5. Taipei
6. Hong Kong
7. Bandar Seri Begawan
8. Kuala Lumpur
9. George Town
10. Pusan
11. Seoul
12. Kaohsiung
13. Changmai
14. Macau
15. Shanghai
16. Beijing
17. Bangkok
18. Davao City
19. Hanoi
20. Ho Chi Minh
21. Kuching
22. Cebu City
23. Guangzhou
24. Islamabad
25. Metro Manila
26. Bandung
27. Bangalore
28. Jakarta
29. Colombo
30. Chongqing
31. Dehli
32. Phnom Penh
33. Bombay
34. Kathmandu
35. Surabaya
36. Yangon
37. Chittagong
38. Karachi
39. Dhaka
40. Vientiane

Indian cities are also the fil-thiest & most congested in the world:

Mumbai, Delhi among world's dirtiest cities - Hindustan Times

Exactly! Did I ever deny that Mumbai and Delhi are not dirty? NO

But despite this, Mumbai and Delhi are ranked higher OVERALL by this foreign ranking system than any city in Pakistan. What does that tell you? If the message you get from that is that Pakistani cities are better than Indian cities, you might need to re-evaluate your critical thinking and information processing skills.

Cant believe I have to do this, but to walk you through this, Mumbai and Delhi must have scored low on the cleanliness aspect of the rankings, but they probably scored high on other factors like jobs/economy/infrastructure/overall happiness of citizens/security/etc while Pakistani cities scored much lower on these indicatiors. Therefore OVERALL, cities like Mumbai/Delhi outperform any of the Pak cities.

Our cities are dirty but much cleaner than Pakistan. Like look at the table below given by Economist Magazine based on UN Habitat data, 48% Urban Pakistanis live in slums compared to 29.1% in China and 29.2% in India.

http://media.economist.com/images/na/2010w13/201013NAC198.jpg

The problem is that your urban population is not really 'urban'. 638 million Indians practice open defecation, whereas 48 million Pakistanis do that. Indians make up 58% of the world population which still practices open defection:

http://www.unicef.org/media/files/JMP-2010Final.pdf

In absolute terms, 41.6 per cent of India's 1.1 billion people earned less than 78 pence per day compared with 22.6 per cent of Pakistan's 173 million.

The report quotes its 'multi-dimensional poverty index' which includes measures of schooling, child mortality, nutrition, access to electricity, toilets, drinking water, and hygienic living conditions, and reveals India is poorer.

Indian poverty levels higher than Pakistan's, says UN report - Telegraph

Anyways, let us stick to the topic, which is about Pakistani cities, not Pakistan or India's poverty levels.

Back
Top Bottom