What's new

The Five Most Expensive Cities In The World

why would any one want to live in a open sewer?..

View attachment 960400

I wouldn’t enter the sea off Mumbai – it’s too dirty, says champion who has swum in all five oceans​

You think I was joking , seriously even in the slums most cannot afford the price.Land in Mumbai is costly.

You think I was joking , seriously even in the slums most cannot afford the price.Land in Mumbai is costly.

Again.. you didn’t understand why would any one want to live a communal riot filled open sewage ?

why would any one want to live in a open sewer?..

View attachment 960400

I wouldn’t enter the sea off Mumbai – it’s too dirty, says champion who has swum in all five oceans​

here we have an information about ratio of Middle Class of India. this is the number and remaining population also matter, we find :-)

=> Jul 09, 2023

The middle class is the fastest-growing major segment of the Indian population in both percentage and absolute terms, rising at 6.3 percent per year between 1995 and 2021. It now represents 31 percent of the population and is expected to be 38 percent by 2031 and 60 percent in 2047. More than one billion Indians will make up the middle-class when India will turn 100. These are the figures from PRICE ICE 3600 surveys based on primary data.

here we have a news, those who buy properties in India, and their number/ratio....

Last edited:
here we have an information about ratio of Middle Class of India. this is the number and remaining population also matter, we find :-)

yup that is why it is still a shit hole

article of this thread would be Purchasing Power Parity calculation. they might have adopted some other measures also, Im not sure.
also, why dont we have Moscow in this list? its no less than Asian cities....

Last edited:
London should be number 1

Properties in City Of London had an overall average price of £1,035,476 over the last year.

The majority of sales in City Of London during the last year were flats, selling for an average price of £1,019,493. Semi-detached properties sold for an average of £2,850,000, with terraced properties fetching £2,050,000.

Overall, sold prices in City Of London over the last year were similar to the previous year and 17% down on the 2018 peak of £1,248,823.

Nice 😎

Properties in City Of London had an overall average price of £1,035,476 over the last year.

The majority of sales in City Of London during the last year were flats, selling for an average price of £1,019,493. Semi-detached properties sold for an average of £2,850,000, with terraced properties fetching £2,050,000.

Overall, sold prices in City Of London over the last year were similar to the previous year and 17% down on the 2018 peak of £1,248,823.

Nice 😎

I think on PPP term, property prices in Mumbai-Delhi would be higher than UK....

Last edited:
article of this thread would be Purchasing Power Parity calculation. they might have adopted some other measures also, Im not sure.
why we dont have Moscow in this list? its no less than Asian cities....

here we have a news for 2023, GDP on PPP

=>

List of countries by GDP (PPP)​

8ef8135e5nmt8acqzjmdx417rrwbwxv[1].png

Delhi-NCR 10th most expensive office market in Asia Pacific​

Delhi-NCR has been ranked 10th in the list of most expensive office market in Asia Pacific, according to Knight Frank. In its Asia-Pacific Prime Office Rental Index for Q2 (April-June) 2022, real estate consultant Knight Frank said that prime headline rent of commercial office space in the Delhi-NCR was recorded at USD 51.6 per square feet per year. :coffee:

Hong Kong SAR is the most expensive office market in APAC with an annual rent of USD 175.4 per sq ft.

Mumbai was at 11th position with an annual rent of USD 45.8 per square feet, while Bengaluru ranked 22th in the list
of 23 cities commanding an annual rent of USD 20.5 per square feet.

As per the list, Sydney was at the second position, followed by Singapore, Tokyo, HCMC (Ho Chi Minh City), Beijing, Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane in that order.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ellensh...-in-the-world/
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ellensh...-in-the-world/

The Five Most Expensive Cities In The World

To buy a 970-square-foot apartment in Hong Kong, Mumbai, Beijing or Shanghai would take more than 30 years for a household with a median income, according to a recent report by Oxford Economics which looked at price-to-income ratios around the globe.

Here are five most expensive real estate markets in the world--only one of which isn't in Asia.

5. London

London's property prices are severely unaffordable to most residents after decades of growth. Since 2013, London's property prices have increased at a double-digit rate every year. Average home prices in the city have gone from £257,000 in 2006 to £474,000 in 2016, an 84% increase.

4. Shanghai

One of China's hottest property markets, Shanghai's real estate prices rose as much as 40% last year and were up 5% a single month last August. Housing prices have been difficult to clamp down on. Spooked by a weak domestic stock market in 2015, many investors poured into the property sector, seeing it as one of the few options left for favorable returns.

3. Beijing

The most expensive housing market in mainland China, the average home price in Beijing is now $5,820 per square meter, according to the Municipal Commission of Housing and Urban-Rural Development. In September, average home prices in Beijing rose nearly 30% year on year. By comparison, prices in China's major cities rose about 11%.

2. Mumbai

Located on a narrow peninsula, Mumbai is now home to some of the world's most expensive real estate. As Quartz notes, Mumbai's house price-to-monthly income ratio "is the highest among major Indian cities." And as the country accumulates wealth, developers have been struggling to find building sites in the crowded city where millions still live in densely-packed slum

1. Hong Kong

Holding on to its rank as the most expensive housing market in the world for the seventh year in a row is Hong Kong. The median home price was 18.1 times the median annual pretax household income last year, according to a recent annual report from Demographia. Though a small improvement from the year before when home prices were 19 median household income, Hong Kong still ranks as "severely unaffordable" the report said.
Houses and villa at Paris river Seine costs 40,000 euros per square meter.

I'm surprised New York City wasn't higher up

Exactly.
I was going to mention Moscow as well.
In 2012 my one day trip to Moscow drained my budget lol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom