What's new

PAKISTAN-FRANCE SIGNS DEFENCE COLLABORATION PLAN 2008-2009

CaptainKidd

Reaction score
Pakistan and France have signed Defence Collaboration Plan for the years 2008 and 09 at Joint Staff Headquarters Chaklala. A special signing ceremony was held here in this context where Director General Foreign Military Cooperation Joint Staff Headquarters, Major General Noor Hussain and Air Marshal Pierre Bourlot, Deputy Chief of Staff of French Forces for International Relations signed the Defence Collaboration Plan.
Both countries have agreed to accelerate military cooperation between the two countries and have offered military courses and training assistance for Tri services officers. They also agreed to participate in forthcoming major training exercises of Joint forces which will be held during the next two years.
The plan also envisages exchange of technical expertise to boost level of cooperation in technological matters and its transfer for capacity building of Pakistan Armed Forces.
During the staff talks, French delegate has been forthcoming in extending its cooperation in specific areas of interest. The talks continued for two days which concluded today with the resolve to boost military ties between two countries.

This is goodnews i think that we should build better defence ties with france so that we dont have to rely on the US all the time.

I am just curious of the benefits of such defence collaborations.. IMO, benefit is definitely there.. but to what extent?

No /2008-ISPR Dated 7-4-08

Rawalpindi, April 7.Air Marshal Pierre Bourlot, Deputy Chief of Staff of French Forces for International Relations alongwith four members delegation, today called on General Tariq Majid, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee at Joint Staff Headquarters. The delegation held talks with CJCSC on matters of mutual interest and enhancement of military cooperation between the two friendly countries.

Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, General Tariq Majid highlighted the importance of 2nd Pakistan – France Staff talks and hoped that they will further enhance military ties between the two countries. Both sides expressed satisfaction on the ongoing level of cooperation especially in defence production, mutual exchange programme and expressed their resolve to give impetus for further strengthening cooperation in specific areas of interest.

Later, the first regular session of 2nd Pak – France Staff talks began at Joint Staff Headquarters. Air Marshal Pierre Bourlot, Deputy Chief of Staff of French Forces and Major General Noor Hussain, Director General Foreign Military Cooperation headed their respective delegations. Delegates held talks on wide ranging issues, focusing on regional security environment, military training, exchange of technical expertise, transfer of technology in joint defence production projects and other areas of mutual cooperation. The 2nd session of Pak – France talks will be held tomorrow again at Joint Staff Headquarters

I am just curious of the benefits of such defence collaborations.. IMO, benefit is definitely there.. but to what extent?

benefit is there like transfer of technology agreements but most of all military-to-military exchange of ideas and experiences.

Do we have any french equipment? Does anyone know more details of this pact i.e. does it include only joint training or some equipment deals as well?

Do we have any french equipment? Does anyone know more details of this pact i.e. does it include only joint training or some equipment deals as well?

Patriotic,

Please in your internet browser---type in---french weapon systems in the pakistan army---you will have the answer---.

Webmaster,

I think it is about time that new members need to be vetted a little better---. I don't want to sound mean to the young ones, but they do not show any respect to the quality of information on the board.

I know that there is no such thing as a stupid question---but there is a time and place for everything. Next thing kids will be asking about how to change their diapers---:rolleyes:

Personally I am hoping for some agreement in a customized air defence system involving the Spada-2000 with Vertical-Launch MICA as the missile system. Perhaps further improvements in the radar and control systems of the Spada-2000...maybe even an agreement to develop an extended-range VL-MICA for PAF & PN.

I hope so Mark but i donot see Pakistan Going for VL MICA. This collaboration can be interms of JF-17 Avoinics and AA BVRs and MICA WVRAMs and possible Submarine Program.

ThyssenKrupp (U214) Germany has not yet received any assurance of Order or Order from PN. I still believe Pakistan Next Generation Sub will be from French Sources incorporating Barracuda Program Technology.

Patriotic,

Please in your internet browser---type in---french weapon systems in the pakistan army---you will have the answer---.

Webmaster,

I think it is about time that new members need to be vetted a little better---. I don't want to sound mean to the young ones, but they do not show any respect to the quality of information on the board.

I know that there is no such thing as a stupid question---but there is a time and place for everything. Next thing kids will be asking about how to change their diapers---:rolleyes:

I feel these comments are not only rub.... but also rude. If replying takes your time.. dont bother to reply u could have just wrote these six lines to tell what french platforms we have. By the way for many of us forum is one of many ways to know about new things on internet.. its not always the google.. google or any other search engine for that matter has different impact of information delivery as asking some one directly. Otherwise there wouldnt have any forums. Hope u understand gist of my point.
If repling trivial questions hurts your ego.. than why not just ignore them.
and I must say Yes.. you do sound mean.

I hope so Mark but i donot see Pakistan Going for VL MICA. This collaboration can be interms of JF-17 Avoinics and AA BVRs and MICA WVRAMs and possible Submarine Program.

ThyssenKrupp (U214) Germany has not yet received any assurance of Order or Order from PN. I still believe Pakistan Next Generation Sub will be from French Sources incorporating Barracuda Program Technology.
In any case...I don't think entire weapon-systems such as missiles or submarines are included in the MoU. I have a feeling it has a lot more to do with specific technology...perhaps T/R modules? seeker tech? etc.

In any case...I don't think entire weapon-systems such as missiles or submarines are included in the MoU. I have a feeling it has a lot more to do with specific technology...perhaps T/R modules? seeker tech? etc.

Mark.
I think your argument makes a lot of sense to me. If we lookat the way technology has developed in the Pakistani environment, we have only purchased the modules which are technologically beyond us at this stage of our development. French are not known for their products being cheap, and financilly it makes a lot odf sense to bundle a few key components along with a juicy order for them to take the bait. Pakistan can then utilize its normal sources:azn: for expanding the concept further.To me it seems the ,most economical way to have access to high quality items at a manageable price.
WaSalam
Araz

Araz and Mark,

French are also not so stupid as you people may believe! They want Pakistani Defence Market as much as they want indian defence market. They only want to sell all what they have to offer. MOU usually is followed by a Contact signing and the areas which have been mentioned are discussed in detail with the relavent departments involved. Makes no sense if you have the world to sell why will you restrict to specific help in some field when Paksitan is also not a buddy of French!

Must be Something big and not restricted to technology transfer for T/R modules or whatever which gives French Market nothing but bull s h i t to sell which they have never sold before!

Either way I hope it is all in the benefit of Pakistan. OUr guys are fast learners and through this MoU I think we will be able to pick up concepts fast and put them in to use.

Back
Top Bottom