What's new

Pakistan finalized Z-10ME Helicopters deal with China : Journalist Sumaira Khan

tbh I'd wait for a clearer confirmation.

Why?

If this DG ISPR gave that statement in response to a question, then he doesn't 100% know.

If the ISPR announced it (without someone asking), then it's all good. Confirmed.

Anyways, Sheikh Rasheed will let us know soon enough I think.

Question and answer on T-129 and Z-10 from 53:23 onwards.

DG ISPR: "As far as the Turksh deal is concerned, we've moved on. You've mentioned the Chinese negotiations, yes, hopefully, hopefully we'll be getting some gunships from there."

tbh I'd wait for a clearer confirmation.

Why?

If this DG ISPR gave that statement in response to a question, then he doesn't 100% know.

If the ISPR announced it (without someone asking), then it's all good. Confirmed.

Anyways, Sheikh Rasheed will let us know soon enough I think.
Pakistan looked at z10 several times..i think this ks done deal since everyone knows that US has scumbed to india pressure on weapon delivery
This was bond to happen

Something like this might happen in 20-30 years again, if china -india relationship change.

Question and answer on T-129 and Z-10 from 53:23 onwards.

DG ISPR: "As far as the Turksh deal is concerned, we've moved on. You've mentioned the Chinese negotiations, yes, hopefully, hopefully we'll be getting some gunships from there."

Yeah, it sounds like he can't 100% speak to it yet.

Yeah, it sounds like he can't 100% speak to it yet.

I think he was just playing safe with his choice of words and did not want to be specific that they are coming in but was on the positive that there is something solid in the works...
Its got more to do with how the Army undertakes acquisition mainly where anything is only revealed when the systems arrive in Pakistan. Until then its all under wraps. I'd say if he was asked the question about VT4 or HQ9 a year back he might have had the same type of answer.

Pakistan looked at z10 several times..i think this ks done deal since everyone knows that US has scumbed to india pressure on weapon delivery
This was bond to happen

Something like this might happen in 20-30 years again, if china -india relationship change.

No chance of that happening massive territory problems, also indian whore wants to replace China as most powerful nation in Asia.

Sumaira Khan is very reliable. I've yet to see her military news turn out to be wrong or false. Sooner or later, what she says turns out to be true.

Lol few months back she claimed that Pakistan and Turkey has sorter out T129 engine issue and the helis are coming. Go and check that video.
She was not wrong. She was referring to this development:

Turkey is in the process of integrating and testing their domestic engine on the T-129. Once it is done and certified as trouble free, of course Pakistan will move forward with the deal. In the short term, we'll be getting the Z-10MEs, and then T-129s a couple of years later. We will be using both gunships.

She was not wrong. She was referring to this development:

Turkey is in the process of integrating and testing their domestic engine on the T-129. Once it is done and certified as trouble free, of course Pakistan will move forward with the deal. In the short term, we'll be getting the Z-10MEs, and then T-129s a couple of years later. We will be using both gunships.
I highly doubt we will use both and muddy our logistics for no reason. It makes no sense. Especially when one is clearly better than the other and they’re the exact same weight class and role.
Also the Turkish engine will likely not be ready this year, I expect delays. Late 2022-2023. By that point PA will have waited 5 years for this helicopter.

I highly doubt we will use both and muddy our logistics for no reason. It makes no sense. Especially when one is clearly better than the other and they’re the exact same weight class and role.
Also the Turkish engine will likely not be ready this year, I expect delays. Late 2022-2023. By that point PA will have waited 5 years for this helicopter.
there may be salient features that PA likes in both. But regardless, its not like we aren't using different gunship versions now...we use both AH-1 Cobras and the Mi-24 hind gunships. Let's see...

there may be salient features that PA likes in both. But regardless, its not like we aren't using different gunship versions now...we use both AH-1 Cobras and the Mi-24 hind gunships. Let's see...
AH-1 and Mi35M3s serve entirely different roles, plus we only bought 4 of the Mi35 for a reason.
T129 or ME neither have any specific “salient features”, as it stands the ME has the edge in some regards imo, otherwise they’re the same category and role. PA has shown zero intention of buying both (at once) and rightfully so.
Again, it doesn’t make logistical sense either, to train pilots, crews, buy weapons, spares and maintenance infrastructure for two different helicopters in the same roles.

AH-1 and Mi35M3s serve entirely different roles, plus we only bought 4 of the Mi35 for a reason.
T129 or ME neither have any specific “salient features”, as it stands the ME has the edge in some regards imo, otherwise they’re the same category and role. PA has shown zero intention of buying both (at once) and rightfully so.
Again, it doesn’t make logistical sense either, to train pilots, crews, buy weapons, spares and maintenance infrastructure for two different helicopters in the same roles.
I'm not disagreeing with you, you could definitely be right. Let's see.

Regardless, it highlights the importance of why countries like Pakistan and Turkey need to develop their own industrial capacity to manufacture critical components like engines, ICs, what have you.

If the Z-10ME is coming, then the only other possible opening in the PAA is for the heavyweight type (that the AH-1Z was supposed to fill).

The fact that Turkey is using Ukrainian engines for the T929 prototype shows that they want to get that helicopter flying and in-service sooner than later. The T929 with the same engines as the Mi-17/171 could be an interesting fit.

If the Z-10ME is coming, then the only other possible opening in the PAA is for the heavyweight type (that the AH-1Z was supposed to fill).

The fact that Turkey is using Ukrainian engines for the T929 prototype shows that they want to get that helicopter flying and in-service sooner than later. The T929 with the same engines as the Mi-17/171 could be an interesting fit.
T-129 and T929 would have made for a very easy logistical combo, but given how Pakistans options always are, Z-10ME + T929 should work just fine too, I’m interested to see if there’s any future crossovers between Chinese and Turkish systems, especially for Pakistan.
Chinese munitions on Turkish helos? Did we not have the option of Chinese munitions or Turkish ships? So maybe there’s hope.

The Z-10ME would've been even more wicked had it of had retractable gear. Not sure how fast these are compared to the Apaches, but do wonder how much drag they produce with the landing gear hanging.

China_Z10ME_attack_helicopter_001.jpg
@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @iLION12345_1

Back
Top Bottom