What's new

Pakistan finalized Z-10ME Helicopters deal with China : Journalist Sumaira Khan

Do current PA attack helis have night/thermal optics? If not then these Z10ME would be a game changer in anti terror operations.
@PanzerKiel @iLION12345_1
The PAA pilots use NVGs that are integrated with C-NITE (Cobra Night Imaging Thermal Equipment) upgrades for day/night missions.

Last edited:
Pakistan marines are not currently an offensive force and have no use for helicopters,
There is a document citing need of transport helis for PM, written by a naval officer I think. It was searchable online a few years back.

they have zero way to support their helicopters nor anything for the helicopters to cover.
In that document, Mi-17 was pitched since its widely used by Pakistan Army and support infra is available.

If this is true, then it is a good move.

Better to do joint ventures with China on everything.

Do current PA attack helis have night/thermal optics? If not then these Z10ME would be a game changer in anti terror operations.
@PanzerKiel @iLION12345_1
According to Pakistani officers in the SSG and the 21st QRF, limited visibility training and NVG equipment and training has had an operational impact on forces conducting counterterrorist operations. The commander of the 21st QRF noted that the training and operational profile of the 21st QRF has changed as a result of the arrival of this equipment He also indicated that, with the arrival of the NVGs, the 21st QRF has completed 1,200 nighttime flying hours.

According to the commander of the SSG Special Operations Task Force, the pilot training has allowed SOF to be “extricated from some dangerous situations.” The SSG deputy commander also noted that, as the capacity for night operations expands, “night vision in aviation will reduce casualties and improve chances of success of SSG operations in the FATA.” The commander of the 21st QRF reported that with the night vision capability, the Pakistani Army has been able to conduct night time MEDEVAC of casualties.

Pages 23 to 33

Pak is allying with China on India, but there has always been a deep-rooted pro-west (pro-US) sentiment among Pakistani people especially the English-speaking groups (western educated, western media readers, etc). Pak-US tie is way longer and deeper than Pak-China tie, though arrogant US administrations as well as messy US domestic politics screw things up from time to time, the Zulus/T129 deals are examples. There are ups and downs between Pak-US in geopolitics, but the underlying pro-US sentiment in the public is always there, will exert influence and act as stabilizer.
Read the assassination of Liaquat Ali Khan and when Bhutto came in power.

Pakistan in my opinion need 60 attack helicopters in near future. Way forward in my opinion is 36 Z 10 ME and 24 MI 35 for now. In future we can increase the order

Pakistan in my opinion need 60 attack helicopters in near future. Way forward in my opinion is 36 Z 10 ME and 24 MI 35 for now. In future we can increase the order
I thought 5 Mi-35 were ordered in 2019.
In my opinion, if we do order more, it will be another 5.

I thought 5 Mi-35 were ordered in 2019.
In my opinion, if we do order more, it will be another 5.
4 were ordered first initially. 5 more were apparently ordered later but we haven’t heard of any deliveries or follow up news.

Back
Top Bottom