What's new

Pakistan faces upto 12 hours of unannounced loadshedding

There is an entire town area in Punjab which is now covered in toxic smog due to a coal power plant there
in clean coal technology, scrubbing is a important aspect of the process.
Even old coal plants, with retrofitted scrubbers can drastically reduce pollution.

read about high sulfur coal and high ash content , fool.
The subcontinent has abundance of this quality of coal . The powerplants and steel plants have to be especially made to use this poor quality coal and its expensive to operate in comparison with lower efficiencies.
And solar plants are much cheaper to set up then conventional but their operational characteristics, like obviously no generation for half the day and during rains, make them unsuitable as stable providers.
Best are nuclear at the moment or clean coal power plants.
Please enlighten me what kind of coal does India use for power generation before you call me a fool. I gather 55% or thereabouts power generation in India is via coal. More importantly how much coal do they import and from where? I think being a sovereign nation you can dictate the source of coal you will use (7.36% imports in India by open media mostly for steel plants) . Plant modification is IPP's responsibility. This is where corruption was committed. You take the money invite them to come in and impose their own conditions use their old plants and make guaranteed money whether they produce energy or not!!!
A

in clean coal technology, scrubbing is a important aspect of the process.
Even old coal plants, with retrofitted scrubbers can drastically reduce pollution.
This is precisely what I am saying. These bastards have filled their own pockets at the expense of the Joe public for cheap publicity while they and the IPPs laugh all the way to the bank. The worst term is one where IPPs get guaranteed money whether they produce power or not so even if they do not produce power they get paid. It is like saying take the job, you will get paid whether you do any work or not.
A

Last edited:
Record power generation and now record load shedding. What changed, imbeciles in charge.

Please enlighten me what kind of coal does India use for power generation before you call me a fool. I gather 55% or thereabouts power generation in India is via coal. More importantly how much coal/do they import and from where? I think eing a sovereign nation you can dictate tbe source of coal you will use (7.36% by open media mostly for steel plants) . Plant modification is IPP's responsibility. This is where corruption was committed. You take the money in ite them to come in and impose their own conditions use their old plants and make guaranteed money whether they produce energy or not!!!
A
India uses most of its coal from coal India mines , a behemoth from decades.
Our power plants were designed with negligible environmental concerns initially.
The pollution you see every winter in the north, is compounded severely by these coal burning plants. But its a conscious choice of low cost above environment.
A decade back we tried putting up gas based generators like enron. Failed miserably due to cost per unit.
So in 19- 20 , we imported 250 MT against 600 MT local supply.
The above link is a good reference.
Now in environmentally conscious times, courts give decisions at anytime to shut the coal plants .

Turn over dams and gas plants to provinces

under cpec , nawaz ji set up a few coal based powerplants with iron friend. This propaganda of only gas powered plants is incorrect.
Coal plant thousand km away from coast and 800 km away from Thar coal plant right in the middle of fertile farmland

That plant was a disaster

Such a shame that mualana is now talking against our supreme leader

India uses most of its coal from coal India mines , a behemoth from decades.
Our power plants were designed with negligible environmental concerns initially.
The pollution you see every winter in the north, is compounded severely by these coal burning plants. But its a conscious choice of low cost above environment.
A decade back we tried putting up gas based generators like enron. Failed miserably due to cost per unit.
So in 19- 20 , we imported 250 MT against 600 MT local supply.
The above link is a good reference.
Now in environmentally conscious times, courts give decisions at anytime to shut the coal plants .
Sharif wanted imported coal saying thar coal isnt usable despite PPPP being upset about it

Please enlighten me what kind of coal does India use for power generation before you call me a fool. I gather 55% or thereabouts power generation in India is via coal. More importantly how much coal do they import and from where? I think being a sovereign nation you can dictate the source of coal you will use (7.36% imports in India by open media mostly for steel plants) . Plant modification is IPP's responsibility. This is where corruption was committed. You take the money invite them to come in and impose their own conditions use their old plants and make guaranteed money whether they produce energy or not!!!
A

This is precisely what I am saying. These bastards have filled their own pockets at the expense of the Joe public for cheap publicity while they and the IPPs laugh all the way to the bank. The worst term is one where IPPs get guaranteed money whether they produce power or not so even if they do not produce power they get paid. It is like saying take the job, you will get paid whether you do any work or not.
A
But what other choice did Nawaz have at that tenure to fix the power crisis in a short time? Textile industry was fleeing to Bangladesh. Chinese were the only ones to offer loans through CPEC, but that comes with high interest rates and other conditions. I believe that even Imran tried to renegotiate with the Chinese, but simply failed to get any concession.

Back
Top Bottom