What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

That could be another factor however, Block-60 is purely sponsored for UAE that incorporates a lot of gadgets including Radar and all. However, I would call it a best one around.

Yes, it is very much the gold plated version of the Viper, bells and whistles, but good reason customers left it and chose the V. For all that R&D UAE funded their own Viper but got no royalties from international sales.

Yeah, but were made fools out of. LMTAS just went around and offered an AESA F-16V, which custimers are lapping up and literally no one else is touching the Block 60

You do realize that the Block 60 was never intended to be sold to anyone other than the UAE, and is far more capable than the F-16V - which is essentially a Block 50/52 with upgraded bits and pieces.

Yes, it is very much the gold plated version of the Viper, bells and whistles, but good reason customers left it and chose the V. For all that R&D UAE funded their own Viper but got no royalties from international sales.
Those royalties would only work if the Block 60 or a variant of that was to be purchased, for which India was very close to considering at one point. They evaluated Block 60s.

Hi,

And neither did the Paf get any royalties from the laser guided weapons it designed in the early 80's with the help of the US.

There is no one here on the forum who even knows about it or has heard about it---.

Hi,

And neither did the Paf get any royalties from the laser guided weapons it designed in the early 80's with the help of the US.

There is no one here on the forum who even knows about it or has heard about it---.
Kinda seems like even you may not know about it.....

Kinda seems like even you may not know about it.....

Hi,

I sat across the room in front of the Paf sqdrn ldr in ogden utah at his rented house in 1984. He was based at Hill afb incharge of supplies for the Paf---.

Old flyers would know him from his F6 accident---he parachuted---broke his neck and was the first ever survivor of Paf with a broken neck from ejection from an F6 over Shorkot area.

Off course I don't know about it but only only remember that a certain minimum number of bombs had to be sold per sale for pakistan to get the royalties---.

Hi,

I sat across the room in front of the Paf sqdrn ldr in ogden utah at his rented house in 1984. He was based at Hill afb incharge of supplies for the Paf---.

Old flyers would know him from his F6 accident---he parachuted---broke his neck and was the first ever survivor of Paf with a broken neck from ejection from an F6 over Shorkot area.

Off course I don't know about it but only only remember that a certain minimum number of bombs had to be sold per sale for pakistan to get the royalties---.
look's like PAF and USA have a complicated relationship.

ADF dudes
19 Sqn.png

Hi blk60 f16 for UAE have some Israeli updates also in their vipers that’s why only been or will be for UAE until Israeli have a say in that BLK60 is off limit for other airforce of any other country
we will soon see openly how very up to date technology flourishing in UAE airforce & armed forces like recently MARS mission to space
Thank you

If Pakistan purchased these we can kill three birds with one stone here. Turkey happy, Pakistan happy, US happy, Saudi happy.

"But since then, U.S. officials have grown concerned that the Iraqis are not making use of the sophisticated technology. Mulroy said during his time at the Pentagon there were discussions about potentially selling the F-16s secondhand to another party. "

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/01/30/f16-jets-us-concerned-iran-backed-militias-iraq-threat/

A long time back, I remember reading somewhere that AIM-120 C6 was being introduced to fusing changes to "improve" its ability to kill cruise missiles. This was somewhere in 2004. Trying to dig up that source.

This could mean that possibly AIM-120-C7 could have the ability to kill CMs.

A long time back, I remember reading somewhere that AIM-120 C6 was being introduced to fusing changes to "improve" its ability to kill cruise missiles. This was somewhere in 2004. Trying to dig up that source.

This could mean that possibly AIM-120-C7 could have the ability to kill CMs.

CMs are trackable and killable even with a gun, a sidewinder and an AMRAAM. However, there is a pk factor of detecting and catching them in time.

Back
Top Bottom