What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

The+Punch+copy.jpg

CFTs :P

yeh bloody dogs:devil::devil: ka dil he nai kar raha F-16 dene ko jiss waja se late kar deye hai they news say this year we will receive 8 and next year 10 but before that it was confirm that complete delivery will in this year then whats that and if the delay 2month then why they will in same quantity why not more then 5.:hitwall:

yeh bloody dogs:devil::devil: ka dil he nai kar raha F-16 dene ko jiss waja se late kar deye hai they news say this year we will receive 8 and next year 10 but before that it was confirm that complete delivery will in this year then whats that and if the delay 2month then why they will in same quantity why not more then 5.:hitwall:

Why are they delayed?

Maybe because the current air base is too flooded or risky?

But other than that, it says the PAF will be getting just 5 or 6 more JF-17s......that seems like a joke, because at this rate, the 2015 goal of replacing all Mirage/F-7/A5C seems to be unrealistic, way too unrealistic.

I am not at all concerned about delayed f-16s..other than what treatment they shall receive maybe PAF boys can train on them.....but JF-17s...just 6 of them???

Anyone?

French not interested to sell us Military equipment right now..
US not interested to sell us Military hardware right now ..

Dont worry after MMRCA deal one of interested to sell everything to Pakistan..

HOLD ON BABY ;)

French not interested to sell us Military equipment right now..
US not interested to sell us Military hardware right now ..

Dont worry after MMRCA deal one of interested to sell everything to Pakistan..

HOLD ON BABY ;)
no offense, but can you pay for that?? its a genuine question, ur military budget is like 6bn dollars and cost of these equipment is ever increasing along with operational cost. other thing is how you justify to international community to buy such costly weapons when you are taking so much loan and donation?? as usual, india will be in ur way in procurement of these items. i want to know some pragmatic view rather than mere rhetoric. thanks

Why are they delayed?

Maybe because the current air base is too flooded or risky?

But other than that, it says the PAF will be getting just 5 or 6 more JF-17s......that seems like a joke, because at this rate, the 2015 goal of replacing all Mirage/F-7/A5C seems to be unrealistic, way too unrealistic.

I am not at all concerned about delayed f-16s..other than what treatment they shall receive maybe PAF boys can train on them.....but JF-17s...just 6 of them???

Anyone?

pakistan not only have one base he have alot of base and we can receive other base like sargodha base but what behind deal of f-16 52 this now it is going to clear now

we cant use, fly and move these bird without permission of america f-16 block 52 just a speculation that pakistan have actualy not have these are of america just paf colour and flag there is paste there. i am live in sargodha and here every aircraft come A-5 marage f-6 f-7 f-16 blk 15 mother base, awac, air refulr, even gunship helicopter also but i never see till today f-16 block 52 and jf-17 thunder but why its a question mark???????????????????????????????????

i never satisfied with deal of f-16 52blk because it just for looking not use for.

one more think what we are crazy air chief say no american in shabaz airbase. and want f-16 52blk came in pakistan then same time there is main headline that

"america provide f-16 52blk to american force in pakistan" and 200 american also come in pakistan with f-16 52blk}

Eta bara mazaq karte hai hum se humare leader or humari forces

pakistan not only have one base he have alot of base and we can receive other base like sargodha base but what behind deal of f-16 52 this now it is going to clear now

we cant use, fly and move these bird without permission of america f-16 block 52 just a speculation that pakistan have actualy not have these are of america just paf colour and flag there is paste there. i am live in sargodha and here every aircraft come A-5 marage f-6 f-7 f-16 blk 15 mother base, awac, air refulr, even gunship helicopter also but i never see till today f-16 block 52 and jf-17 thunder but why its a question mark???????????????????????????????????

i never satisfied with deal of f-16 52blk because it just for looking not use for.

one more think what we are crazy air chief say no american in shabaz airbase. and want f-16 52blk came in pakistan then same time there is main headline that

"america provide f-16 52blk to american force in pakistan" and 200 american also come in pakistan with f-16 52blk}

Eta bara mazaq karte hai hum se humare leader or humari forces

Take it easy bro,

I couldn't read half of what you said.

The thing is that we only have one airbase to support blk 52s......

New Night Eyes Over Pakistan
July 1, 2010: Pakistan recently received three F-16 Block 52 fighters. These are all-weather aircraft, that are particularly effective at night. These are the first all-weather fighters the Pakistani Air Force has received. Another 15 or these aircraft will be delivered by the end of the year. Pakistan has operated 40 F-16 since the 1990s, but was barred from buying any more after Pakistan revealed that it had nuclear weapons in 1989. That embargo was lifted in 2005 and another 14 F-16s were delivered by 2008.

Pakistan is paying a Turkish firm to upgrade its older F-16s from Block 15 configuration to Block 40 (about halfway to the highest upgrade level for an F-16). Now that the U.S. has lifted its arms embargo on Pakistan, there are many firms competing for all the work needed to update older American weapons still used by Pakistan. The Turks have long had good trade relations with Pakistan, and have also developed, with the help of the U.S. and Israel, a growing aircraft maintenance and upgrade industry. Most of the F-16 work will be done in Pakistan, using Turkish engineers and technicians supervising some local workers, and using largely imported (from Turkey and elsewhere) components. Turkey has long maintained one the largest F-16 fleets outside of the United States.

The F-16 is the most numerous post-Cold War jet fighter, with over 4,200 built, and still in production. During The Cold War, Russia built over 10,000 MiG-21s, and the U.S over 5,000 F-4s, but since then warplane production has plummeted about 90 percent. But since the end of the Cold War, the F-16 has been popular enough to keep the production lines going.

The U.S. F-16 is one of the most modified jet fighters in service. While most are still called the F-16C, there are actually six major mods, identified by block number (32, 40, 42, 50, 52, 60), plus the Israeli F-16I, which is a major modification of the Block 52. Another special version (the Block 60), for the UAE (United Arab Emirates) is called the F-16E. The F-16D is a two seat trainer version of F-16Cs. The various block mods included a large variety of new components (five engines, four sets of avionics, five generations of electronic warfare gear, five radars and many other mechanical, software, cockpit and electrical mods.)

The F-16 can also function as a bomber and ground attack aircraft, although not as effectively as the air force folks would have you believe. It can carry four tons of bombs. In air-to-air combat, it has shot down 69 aircraft so far, without losing anything to enemy warplanes. It was originally designed as a cheaper alternative to the heavier F-15.

The two most advanced versions of the F-16 are in use by foreign air forces. The UAE has 80 "Desert Falcons" (the F-16E) which is optimized for air combat. It is a 22 ton aircraft based on the Block 52 model, but with an AESA (phased array) radar and lots of other additional goodies.

The Israeli F-16I is optimized for bombing. It's a 24 ton, two seat aircraft, and is probably the most capable F-16 model in service. It's basically a modified version of the Block 52, equipped with a more advanced radar (the APG-68X) and the ability to carry Israeli weapons like the Python 4 air-to-air missile and the Popeye 2 air-to-surface missile.
Costing $45 million each, the F-16I has an excellent navigation system, which allows it to fly on the deck (a few hundred feet from the ground), without working the pilot to death. The aircraft can do this at night or in any weather. The F-16I can carry enough fuel to hit targets 1,600 kilometers away (meaning Iran is within range). The aircraft uses the latest short and long range air-to-air missiles, as well as smart bombs. Electronic countermeasures are carried, as is a powerful computer system, which records the details of each sortie in great detail. This is a big help for training. The F-16I is basically optimized to deliver smart bombs anywhere, despite dense air defense

For the last two years, Pakistani F-16s have been heavily used in the tribal territories, along the Afghan border, dropping smart and dumb bombs, and giving the pilots experience using targeting pods. This is the first combat experience the Pakistani F-16s have received.
http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairfo/articles/20100701.aspx

no offense, but can you pay for that?? its a genuine question, ur military budget is like 6bn dollars and cost of these equipment is ever increasing along with operational cost. other thing is how you justify to international community to buy such costly weapons when you are taking so much loan and donation?? as usual, india will be in ur way in procurement of these items. i want to know some pragmatic view rather than mere rhetoric. thanks

Yes we can buy ........
How many times I hav to tell this to all Indians.
Pakistan miltary budget and accounts r seprate then the PAK Gov.
Nither PAK GOV take any thing from miltary budget, nither miltary take any thing from GOV budget.

We have already paid money for 18 new F-16's block 52along with the spare parts ...the upgradation of 45 F16 Block A/B n other miltary hardware. Defence deal since 2001 costed $ 5 Billion +

Plz look at the following QUOTE and Source.

Major post-2001 defense supplies provided, or soon to be provided, under FMF include:

!eight P-3C Orion maritime patrol aircraft and their refurbishment (valued at $474 million); RECIEVED

! about 5,250 TOW anti-armor missiles ($186 million; 2,007 delivered); RECIEVED

! more than 5,600 military radio sets ($163 million); RECIEVED

! six AN/TPS-77 surveillance radars ($100 million);vRECIEVED

! six C-130E transport aircraft and their refurbishment ($76 million); RECIEVED

! five refurbished SH-2I Super Seasprite maritime helicopters granted under EDA ($67 million);

! one ex-Oliver Hazard Perry class missile frigate via EDA ($65 million);

! 20 AH-1F Cobra attack helicopters via EDA ($48 million, 12 refurbished and delivered); and
! 121 refurbished TOW missile launchers ($25 million). RECIEVED

Supplies paid for with a mix of Pakistani national funds and FMF include:
! up to 60 Mid-Life Update kits for F-16A/B combat aircraft (valued at $891 million, with $477
million of this in FMF, Pakistan currently plans to purchase 35 such kits); and
! 115 M-109 self-propelled howitzers ($87 million, with $53 million in FMF).
Notable items paid or to be paid for entirely with Pakistani national funds include:
! 18 new F-16C/D Block 50/52 combat aircraft (valued at $1.43 billion; none delivered to date);
! F-16 armaments including 500 AMRAAM air-to-air missiles; 1,450 2,000-pound bombs;
500 JDAM Tail Kits for gravity bombs; and 1,600 Enhanced Paveway laser-guided kits, also for gravity bombs ($629 million);

! 100 Harpoon anti-ship missiles ($298 million); RECIEVED
! 500 Sidewinder air-to-air missiles ($95 million); and
! six Phalanx Close-In Weapons System naval guns ($80 million).RECIEVED

Source

We already paid for JF-17 Project n AC's, J10B, F22P, SAAB AWACS ,Chinees AWACS, UAV's n much much more

So for future plz dont ask abt moneyy :pakistan: :cheers:-

Yes we can buy ........
How many times I hav to tell this to all Indians.
Pakistan miltary budget and accounts r seprate then the PAK Gov.
Nither PAK GOV take any thing from miltary budget, nither miltary take any thing from GOV budget.

We have already paid money for 18 new F-16's block 52along with the spare parts ...the upgradation of 45 F16 Block A/B n other miltary hardware. Defence deal since 2001 costed $ 5 Billion +

Plz look at the following QUOTE and Source.

Source

We already paid for JF-17 Project n AC's, J10B, F22P, SAAB AWACS ,Chinees AWACS, UAV's n much much more

So for future plz dont ask abt moneyy :pakistan: :cheers:-
yes, surely you can buy. 5 bn dollars over 10 yeras, like 500mn dollars per year. yup that much you can surely afford

Back
Top Bottom